TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Coaster Color Scheme

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I know someone just said this, but I think Riddler's Revenge is a really good one. Having it right next to Batman's grey, they sorta set each other off.

I can't stand X though...god I hate those colors. A lot of my friends say 'Scream - blue, yellow, and PURPLE! What is this! That's so ugly.'

I ca't imagine why, though, I love it.

I luv Mantis' colors, they fit perfectly w/the name as does Joker's Jinx (luv the purple & green!) & Riddler's Revenge. Loch Ness is great. BBWolf--I like the strips on the cars, Superman Krypton Coaster I like the red--def. fits the name. The Georgia Scorcher fits well, Nemesis I really like the color. It really looks like it's made of granite. DeJaVu IS pretty. Alpingeist really fits well too, Apollo's Chariot, X, Medusa, Calif. Screamin' Steel Phantom, Wild Thing, all fit together nicely. I think my fave other than Mantis' & Joker's Jinx colors was Drachen Fire. It was just the prettiest shade of Sky Blue with the red-orange of the cars. I didn't like the fireball on the front car though, they shoulda put flames around the front instead (my opinion only). I REALLY REALLY REALLY hated Astroworld's choices of new color schemes for XLR8, Batman the Escape, & UltraTwister. Why in the world wud they think Orange & Blue would look good together??? Or Lime Green & Blue or yucky yellow & black??? Now if the Batman track would've been left Black then had yellow "trim"--say the cars & rails were yellow--then I think it wudda looked fine but I dunno, I kinda wanted to vomit at that particular shade of yellow. It looked like road stripe paint. My guess is since the parks name was "Astroworld", maybe they just wanted outlandish or "spacy" looking colors. But I think the worst was def. XLR8 w/orange & blue. It just didn't look right, ya know. Ultra Twister's new green & blue were tolerable though--not as big a shock as orange & blue

I love the paintjob on Goliath at Walibi World. I like its Glowing, Bright Green with its very dark purple supports. It looks as if they wanted the tracks to stand out and make the supports ugly so no one pays attention to them. Its as if the track is floating.

• 3 years later...

I like Wild Thing at Wild Waves. It features two of my favorite colors, teal/turquoise and lime, and I think they go together nicely.

Yes, my answer is definitely solely based on the color scheme. It's a very simple, mediocre coaster (perfect for families). It's quite smooth, though (I heard it was one of the roughest coasters ever and was pleasantly surprised to find it's not really rough at all).

Medusa West is also beautiful and photogenic, with the green and purple coordinating well.

Now for one I've only seen in pictures: Sky Princess at Dutch Wonderland. The blue and purple is very pretty! I don't think I've seen any other wooden coaster that wasn't white or "natural".

My favorite is Infusion, the light blue/dark blue color scheme has always been a favorite of mine. Combined with being over the water and the jets spraying all around it, it just looks awesome. It's so good looking.. too bad it's an SLC, haha.

rsz_p19686.jpg.d701c9ee293d93c7e0ca42625235fbf7.jpg

Photo credit: rcdb.com