TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Does American Thunder still kick A$$? If "no" then I'm definitely not trekking down like a fool to St. Louis for the Christmas shindig.

Sure does!!!!

That little thing is way more fun than you'd expect for its size.

Yes, yes. That's what she said.

Ok, so I feel like someone should point out that American Thunder won't be open for HIP. According to the thematic map & renderings, the path from Moon Cars too Log Flume won't be open. Remember, there is only about two weeks of true turnaround time from Fright Fest to HIP. Blind Fury has to completely come down and be replaced by some light lighting, in addition to the entire graveyard in the palace garden be removed. The logistics of everything is being planned out meticulously. I'm getting pretty excited just to see the transformation.

It is definitely going to be challenging and exciting. Last year, with anticipation of HIP coming, they changed a bit on how tear down happens. So FF can almost completely be taken down and at least moved to the back road in a bout one week now. Then properly storing it can happen later. Fury took a little longer but there is a new plan for that as well. As for American Thunder it is my understanding that that section is still in question. The rides wont be operating most likely but they were talking about keeping the path open as another way to first aid. Also if this is anything like the first year of Fight Nights, they have discussed opening "closed" areas of the park just to help relieve pressure from the streets, even if nothing is open in those areas.

Does American Thunder still kick A$$? If "no" then I'm definitely not trekking down like a fool to St. Louis for the Christmas shindig.

Sure does!!!!

That little thing is way more fun than you'd expect for its size.

Yes, yes. That's what she said.

Ok, so I feel like someone should point out that American Thunder won't be open for HIP. According to the thematic map & renderings, the path from Moon Cars too Log Flume won't be open. Remember, there is only about two weeks of true turnaround time from Fright Fest to HIP. Blind Fury has to completely come down and be replaced by some light lighting, in addition to the entire graveyard in the palace garden be removed. The logistics of everything is being planned out meticulously. I'm getting pretty excited just to see the transformation.

It is definitely going to be challenging and exciting. Last year, with anticipation of HIP coming, they changed a bit on how tear down happens. So FF can almost completely be taken down and at least moved to the back road in a bout one week now. Then properly storing it can happen later. Fury took a little longer but there is a new plan for that as well. As for American Thunder it is my understanding that that section is still in question. The rides wont be operating most likely but they were talking about keeping the path open as another way to first aid. Also if this is anything like the first year of Fight Nights, they have discussed opening "closed" areas of the park just to help relieve pressure from the streets, even if nothing is open in those areas.

So you're saying Log Flume won't be open?

wow - just got a back from a trip out to the park - it was super PACKED - I guess the great weather brought EVERYONE out today.

I drove out about 3 pm to renew my pass for next year ( a process I am unsure about) I got to the exit and saw the parking lot was full nearly out to the highway. Drove home unfulfilled in my mission - I live close it so it was no real hardship- I guess I'll try at opening next week.

can anyone advise the correct procedure - do I just take my printed page to the usual entry as with my current pass? does my new paperwork now override my old pass? the instructions are not super clear.

thanks

Kevin

wow - just got a back from a trip out to the park - it was super PACKED - I guess the great weather brought EVERYONE out today.

I drove out about 3 pm to renew my pass for next year ( a process I am unsure about) I got to the exit and saw the parking lot was full nearly out to the highway. Drove home unfulfilled in my mission - I live close it so it was no real hardship- I guess I'll try at opening next week.

can anyone advise the correct procedure - do I just take my printed page to the usual entry as with my current pass? does my new paperwork now override my old pass? the instructions are not super clear.

thanks

Kevin

That's very surprising. September weekends are usually slow, and Sundays the busier of the two days. Guess everyone waited for today with the rain now over. Your new pass overrides your old one as soon as you process the paperwork at the front gate. They will give you new plastic pass there. You can also enter your pass number into the app and use your phone and then you don't even need a physical pass. It should load any parking or dining you have too, but if the line is short at the processing building near Excalibur it's not a bad idea to stop in there and double check that everything that should be on there, is.

I meant to say SATURDAYS the busier not Sundays.

thanks for the info - i presumed it would be relatively slower on Sunday. but it was really pretty crowded - I saw cars in every available lot and they were all looking really full. I'll just go early next Sat.

as far i as I would have had to walk it would have been quite annoying

Kevin

thanks for the info - i presumed it would be relatively slower on Sunday. but it was really pretty crowded - I saw cars in every available lot and they were all looking really full. I'll just go early next Sat.

as far i as I would have had to walk it would have been quite annoying

Kevin

There is an ACE event on Saturday, although not a huge one, so shouldn't affect crowd level significantly. I see that the next 2 Sundays are bring a friend for $20, so shouldn't be as bad as today. Whichever day you come first thing at open will be your best bet. I usually think Sundays are better for that because you beat the church people.

Hey everyone! just want to say I love the Boss at SIx Flags so much! I mean it is totally worth the lifetime chiropractor bills I don't care I ride it all the time! Gotta get my G's! Tootles!

F***ing wife got a hold of my account again!!!! Damnit, Emily!!!

thanks for the info - i presumed it would be relatively slower on Sunday. but it was really pretty crowded...

For the real reason as to why the park was busy, you can check this webpage. You'll see that Sunday, September 11th was the last Season Pass Bring-a-Friend Free days of the 2016 season. I still would suggest everyone checking that page before planning a trip to the park, because even Bring-a-Friend coupons with just discounted admission can greatly increase attendance.

For a very short period (I was listening to the park radio and enjoying the MODOT traffic cams online), the Six Flags traffic was actually backed up onto the highway. For the love of all that is holy, why can't people understand that both lanes of the exit will get you to Six Flags, so use the left lane too....but anyway, the park, under Pete's direction, reduced the traffic significantly by opening the toll plaza, allowing cars to go through without stopping, temporarily. To make sure the Holiday Inn shuttle could get through without waiting 20 minutes they also redirected that into the employee lot, past HR, the train shed, and down a special gate into the parking lot. The riders got some great behind-the-scenes views including a couple cars of the Boomerang train.

Hey everyone! just want to say I love the Boss at SIx Flags so much! I mean it is totally worth the lifetime chiropractor bills I don't care I ride it all the time! Gotta get my G's! Tootles!

Thought something seemed a little off when I read this

thanks for the info - i presumed it would be relatively slower on Sunday. but it was really pretty crowded...

For the real reason as to why the park was busy, you can check this webpage. You'll see that Sunday, September 11th was the last Season Pass Bring-a-Friend Free days of the 2016 season. I still would suggest everyone checking that page before planning a trip to the park, because even Bring-a-Friend coupons with just discounted admission can greatly increase attendance.

For a very short period (I was listening to the park radio and enjoying the MODOT traffic cams online), the Six Flags traffic was actually backed up onto the highway. For the love of all that is holy, why can't people understand that both lanes of the exit will get you to Six Flags, so use the left lane too....but anyway, the park, under Pete's direction, reduced the traffic significantly by opening the toll plaza, allowing cars to go through without stopping, temporarily. To make sure the Holiday Inn shuttle could get through without waiting 20 minutes they also redirected that into the employee lot, past HR, the train shed, and down a special gate into the parking lot. The riders got some great behind-the-scenes views including a couple cars of the Boomerang train.

Thanks Pete.

I was scratching my head when I saw this. Thought it was Prozach sarcasm but it seemed a bit off. Welcome Mrs. Prozach the prankster!