TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What was your first coaster with inversions?

^wow big coaster for your first coaster with inversions.

My first was also at Busch Gardens Tampa, but I am 99% sure it was the now gone Python. I remember being absolutely terrified. Then ended up loving it and making my father go in again and again and again.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demon at California's Great America. It was before Paramount owned it, I'm thinking sometime around 1990 (give or take a year or so). I was somewhere between 8 and 10. While the ride has some nostalgic value for me, I'm hoping they remove it in the near future (along with Grizzly maybe) to put something dynamic in.

Dragon Mountain at Marineland was my first coaster with inversions. Took a nasty beating at my young age and shorter stature. I didn't like coasters for a good amount of time until I rode at the time, Superman: Ride of Steel, at Darien Lake. I still didn't like loopers though. Finally a few years later I developed a good relationship with Arrows and Vekomas as I grew up a little more, and rode a little more defensively. Riding some B&Ms also helped me like inversions more.

• 6 months later...

Demon at SFGAm was my first coaster with inversions. I was maybe 5 or 6 at the time (just over the 42 inch mark). I was terrified by the airtime on the first drop. I thought all big roller coasters were like that (which is true to some extent). It wasn't until about 5 years later that I rode Batman for the first time and started liking taller roller coasters again.