TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Super Nintendo World unveiled!

Yes, the song playing in the video is Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger and the video was from their Alive 2007 tour. I LOVE Daft Punk!

Sadly it's not the Alive version. You can see the Discovery artwork pop-up and the name of the song isn't correct for it to be the Alive version. (Obsessed fan).

Those lights look rediculousss. Like Blackpool on speed. And why the hell does it take a minute to get up that lifthill..

Yes, the song playing in the video is Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger and the video was from their Alive 2007 tour. I LOVE Daft Punk!

Sadly it's not the Alive version. You can see the Discovery artwork pop-up and the name of the song isn't correct for it to be the Alive version. (Obsessed fan).

Those lights look rediculousss. Like Blackpool on speed. And why the hell does it take a minute to get up that lifthill..

I never said that it was the Alive version, only the video was from their Alive tour.

The lights, while kinda tacky, are actually pretty cool IMO. Just judging by the amount of bystanders watching this ride, I really hope that it will be successful after all of the delays.

Also, I really hope the lift is still in the "testing" mode. It really did barely make it through the double take and into the block brakes. I wonder when they'll start testing audio?

Looks like they are back to testing the lift at a slower speed to me. I'll be happy to see and read reviews when all is said and done and its open to the public.

And I think those lights are a little much, but it is one way to draw even more attention to the coaster. It's now a traveling rave that crosses the park!

One of my friends reckons that it'll open tomorrow to celebrate July 4th. I'm going up to Universal/Islands on the 7th (and possibly the 8th as well; our plan is Blizzard Beach, but if it's raining, we'll probably go back to Universal), so I'm hoping that he's true.

I'm also hoping that the lift hill speeds up if they really plan to dispatch trains every 29 seconds or whatever they said.

...And believe it or not, some people actually do prefer HOS over HHN. And to look at it from a local standpoint, HOS is cheaper, and has overall less crowds. HHN is known around Tampa and Orlando for always being packed on peak nights and is expensive.

Not to sound like an "expert" as I'm going by memory here..but I have vivid memories of HHN (as in the 3rd & 4th year of its inception) being less crowded & a genuinely "spooky" atmosphere....

sorry, but part of the atmosphere of walking around a Halloween event at a theme park is that dark, "all alone" feeling. Something that can STILL be felt at HOS on off peak nights/early October & early during Lowry Park Zoo's Zoo Boo event (highly recommended if you've never been)...even on an off-peak night at HHN, your walking from section to section with MARAUDS of people &, other then cool sets, the scare zones lose their charm in such HUGE crowds.

Still, HHN gets props on sets for their houses!!! I still have fond memories of Dead Silence from a few years back! Truly felt like I walked onto the set of the movie!

One of my friends reckons that it'll open tomorrow to celebrate July 4th.

Theres no way thats happening. Universal said themselves they arent opening it up until it completly finished. I'm just stand-bying until I get official word of anykind of opening .

One of my friends reckons that it'll open tomorrow to celebrate July 4th. I'm going up to Universal/Islands on the 7th (and possibly the 8th as well; our plan is Blizzard Beach, but if it's raining, we'll probably go back to Universal), so I'm hoping that he's true.

I'm also hoping that the lift hill speeds up if they really plan to dispatch trains every 29 seconds or whatever they said.

How can the ride open tomorrow? ...The rings aren't even up yet.

I wasn't aware that the rings weren't up, and I'm sure that the ride can operate without the rings without losing the full HRRR experience. With that being said, they do look pretty cool, as I believe I've mentioned previously.

My post was more wishful thinking than anything else, I suppose. I have a friend going Universal tomorrow, so I'll have her tell me what's going on and maybe take some pictures.

^ Or they would have to kill her, and replace her with a less-expensive audio-animatronic...

(shout out to The Mouse!)

Looking forward to it's eventual creation.

i really don`t think that they will put the rings on the lift like in the artworks, because its will make the evacuation much harder or maybe impossible... or do know more about the evacuation procedure!? I think they need an elevator that is very close to the trains or track for evacuation.