• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New for La Ronde in 2023...

google maps has updated the images, you can see that the coaster has arrived and is in the parking lot.

I've been on both Harley Quinn and Tidal Twister at Sea World.  Harley was a tad better than I expected, but it still definitely wasn't great (I did have an end seat).  Once was more than enough, and

Posted Images

^as much as I'd like to have a free spin so close to me (I'm a sucker for 4D coasters, including Green Lantern ), the park really does need family rides. They have some big holes in their lineup and while adding thrill rides is great, putting a small coaster or ride to bridge the gap between Cobra and Boomerang. It would really help the people who are trying to work up to bigger rides.

Like a wild mouse?

Hello, everyone! I'm new to the site, and this is my first post. I'm posting here in specific because Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is my home park.

I was formerly a ride operator for Medusa a couple years back, before Roar became Joker. I decided to join the site because currently, I've only ridden coasters at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and California's Great America. I was wondering if I could get some good help on how to increase my coaster count and hobby as a coaster enthusiast?

Here is some information you should know about me...

Coaster Count - 16 (I know, it's pathetic)

Top 5 Coasters

1. Joker

2. Gold Striker

3. Medusa

4. Flight Deck

5. Superman - Ultimate Flight

Best way to increase your coaster count? Take a trip to SoCal. Magic Mountain alone would double your count. Then you have Knott's and Disney and Universal.

^Seems likely. Three thrill rides in three years, though? That's not usual for SFDK. They certainly don't need any more kiddie rides, but they could use some "middle of the road" family rides.

Back at the Joker media day last year someone from the park implied to me that there was a good chance something would happen in the spot where the Go-Karts are to complete the "Justice Leaguing" of that corner of the park.

I think I'd prefer a Justice League dark ride to a new big coaster, though. Well, no, that's not true, I'd love a free spin (or similar), but I think they could really use a dark ride of some kind.

^Seems likely. Three thrill rides in three years, though? That's not usual for SFDK. They certainly don't need any more kiddie rides, but they could use some "middle of the road" family rides.

Back at the Joker media day last year someone from the park implied to me that there was a good chance something would happen in the spot where the Go-Karts are to complete the "Justice Leaguing" of that corner of the park.

I think I'd prefer a Justice League dark ride to a new big coaster, though. Well, no, that's not true, I'd love a free spin (or similar), but I think they could really use a dark ride of some kind.

I would probably prefer the Justice League dark ride opposed to another free spin. Free spin coasters are fun but I've ridden two of the Justice League rides and they really are a blast to ride. Plus I think that a dark ride would make that corner of the park a little more diverse, you would have two family rides (Penguin and the Justice League dark ride), one thrilling flat (Wonder Woman), and two thrilling coasters (Joker and Superman). Overall I'm glad they are removing the Go-Karts. I hate when parks have upcharge attractions, at Celebration City (before it closed) their Go-Karts and the Mini Golf was free with admission.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see the park add both the FreeSpin and dark ride. It needs a dark ride badly. And they really need to upgrade the screen on the 5D theater. The seats are fine, but the screen and projector are such poor quality. And Monkey Madness, while fun, looks like it was made in 1998.

How long have the elephants officially been gone for? I was at the park today and noticed they weren't there. It got me thinking, they could build a nice family woodie over there, maybe even cross over the walkway and extend into where VooDoo is (since that is down more often than not anyway.

If memory serves me correctly, it was earlier last year that they left. So it's definitely been over a year. I don't think they would get a wooden coaster back there because of the noises to the animals, and possibly the noises to the neighbors across the lake. The height restriction is also more strict back there, but I'm not sure how strict. As of now it's a fairly decent unused portion of land. Come to think of it, that would potentially be a great spot for a family coaster.

If memory serves me correctly, it was earlier last year that they left. So it's definitely been over a year. I don't think they would get a wooden coaster back there because of the noises to the animals, and possibly the noises to the neighbors across the lake. The height restriction is also more strict back there, but I'm not sure how strict. As of now it's a fairly decent unused portion of land. Come to think of it, that would potentially be a great spot for a family coaster.

What about a less intense Hyper GTX? Due to its low height and lack of inversions (At least on Lightning Run), it seems like it would be a good ride both kids and adults would enjoy, and its height restriction is only 48 inches.

What about a less intense Hyper GTX? Due to its low height and lack of inversions (At least on Lightning Run), it seems like it would be a good ride both kids and adults would enjoy, and its height restriction is only 48 inches.

That could possibly work, but I was thinking even smaller, something like FireChaser but not as long. They could probably theme it pretty well if they wanted to.

That could possibly work, but I was thinking even smaller, something like FireChaser but not as long. They could probably theme it pretty well if they wanted to.

That would also be a great addition. I just want something to be built there if they don't plan on bringing back the elephants. Hopefully, park management doesn't intend to just let the area sit unused for years like they once did with the 3D theater.

Or an RMC Raptor

Or an RMC Raptor

Joker Jr?

I'm going to be disappointed if current six flags pass holders don't get in free like they did before.

I wouldn't be shocked if they leave the status quo for the 2017 season since they've already sold a ton of passes at a different price point and then change it for 2018.

I'm going to be disappointed if current six flags pass holders don't get in free like they did before.

I received the news in my season pass holder update. There was a link to the Water World website. When I looked under tickets and passes, it just listed the three levels of season passes specifically for the water park. There was nothing about Six Flags season pass holders. So, as far as I can tell, Six Flags season pass holders won't be able to use their passes (gold level or otherwise) to get into the water park. I could be wrong, but I think us season pass holders are out of luck.

I received the news in my season pass holder update. There was a link to the Water World website. When I looked under tickets and passes, it just listed the three levels of season passes specifically for the water park. There was nothing about Six Flags season pass holders. So, as far as I can tell, Six Flags season pass holders won't be able to use their passes (gold level or otherwise) to get into the water park. I could be wrong, but I think us season pass holders are out of luck.

That's a bummer. I excitedly ran here to figure out so. I haven't been to Waterworld since they removed SF as we simply couldn't afford to pay the tickets at the time. It was a very lovely water park during those visits with an awesome lazy river.

They have stated that there will be extra special deals for current Six Flags pass holders or something like that. Said they will be releasing the info soon. Definitely gave the impression that it won't be free

If they did make it free this year it would seem that the park would be expected to issue refunds to people that own season and/ or dining passes to both parks. They could always just make it free and tell you that you are out of luck if you bought both, but that would not be very classy. I would expect an upgrade fee option this year, and possibly the typical combo pass pricing structure they have at other parks for next year.

If they did make it free this year it would seem that the park would be expected to issue refunds to people that own season and/ or dining passes to both parks. They could always just make it free and tell you that you are out of luck if you bought both, but that would not be very classy. I would expect an upgrade fee option this year, and possibly the typical combo pass pricing structure they have at other parks for next year.

At least with my experience, SFDK has been very accommodating with changes. I remember buying a season pass on the last day of their season pass promotion, only to get an email for a cheaper deal a few hours later. They were very nice about letting me use the new deal instead of the old one I had just purchased. I just had to call them.