Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New for La Ronde in 2023...

google maps has updated the images, you can see that the coaster has arrived and is in the parking lot.

I've been on both Harley Quinn and Tidal Twister at Sea World.  Harley was a tad better than I expected, but it still definitely wasn't great (I did have an end seat).  Once was more than enough, and

Posted Images

I'm glad it looks like its finally gone up. I saw the first couple pictures the other day but not the most recent one. If someone visits the park, I'd love to see more. Is is noticable from the freeway?

^^WOW!!! Thanks for the update!!!

BTW, it looks as if there aren't as many LED lights on WW as there are on Riddler at SFOT. Having said that, I can't wait to see this thing at nighttime! The Wonder Woman emblems look incredible!!

That is a narrow space for a big ride.

It will be interesting to walk the path (to / from the parking lot) looking up at the swinging frisbee.

Looking forward to finding out if it will be better than Maxair / Delirium.

Just received this from Six Flags today. Looks like $15 gets you a Waterworld season pass...but only if you already have a season pass.

I checked out the web pages for the Water world mixed season pass and 15 dollar upgrades nither come with parking for Water World though a season parking pass at water world is 50 bucks. Wonder if it'll all be the same price for 2018.

That is a narrow space for a big ride.

It will be interesting to walk the path (to / from the parking lot) looking up at the swinging frisbee.

Looking forward to finding out if it will be better than Maxair / Delirium.

Having ridden both maXair at CP and Riddler Revenge at SFOT, I can say that the Zamperla models are more comfy. The seats and restraints are less cumbersome. The Zamperla Giant Discovery models rotate both directions while swinging whereas the Huss models only rotate one direction, albeit faster. My firm opinion is that the Zamperla models are a better overall experience. But that's just me.

That's a very nice location for a giant frisbee ride. Should provide some great views of the surrounding rollercoasters!

I haven't been on the HUSS version so I cannot compare it, but the Zamperla Giant Discovery at Tusenfryd was a lot of fun!

SFDK's skyline is absolutely stacked. The weird part, is when you're in the park it doesnt feel as cramped as it looks from the parking lot etc;

I think it helps that most of the rides are packed in the front of the park, but the rest of the park is nice and open. It means it's really easy to get away from the cramped areas. Of course, if they put in a new ride to replace to Go-Karts, that corner is sure going to be busy...

SFDK's skyline is absolutely stacked. The weird part, is when you're in the park it doesnt feel as cramped as it looks from the parking lot etc;

I was just thinking more or less the same thing. From the parking lot (and I assume the freeway) it looks crowded with rides. They sure have done well with packing things in there, and I totally believe they could get more if they wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

Was at the park this past Friday. WW is looking great! Though it may look massive and cramped in this location it fits perfectly. One of the supports are situated in the pathway used to walk from the parking lot to the entrance and WW will definitely swing over it. The should be awesome for both riders and guests walking towards the entrance.

Walking up to the front gate. They picked the perfect spot for Wonder Woman. It will be my first ride of the day.IMG_6147.thumb.JPG.a3b6c1aa66283ffbfb076acd268657f5.JPG

What I'm seeing first glance while standing in line is that this Discovery only rotates in one direction vs rotating clockwise and counterclockwise like its other brothers and sisters already in operation.

Walking up to the front gate. They picked the perfect spot for Wonder Woman. It will be my first ride of the day.[attachment=0]IMG_6147.JPG[/attachment]

What I'm seeing first glance while standing in line is that this Discovery only rotates in one direction vs rotating clockwise and counterclockwise like its other brothers and sisters already in operation.

This is definitely an interesting setup. Just proves even more that limited space really isn't an issue.

Stood in line for about five minutes before promptly leaving after the thing swung what seemed like three feet above my head.

They really shoe horned that ride in there