TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Roller Coaster Type from RMC Rocky Mountain Construction

How can I be chill when RMC clearly designed this in roller coaster tycoon?!?! This is easily the WORST RMC layout to-date and its a worse parking lot coaster than Scream! I mean, who's even going to come out to this place to ride it, it's not even at a Theme Park... I haven't even seen a clever marketing campaign for this thing either. RMC has FAILED big time.

You're kidding right? All they've come up with a is a concept, how could have they failed already? Here's why they've succeeded even with a concept and early ride development. First they are clearly advertising this to small parks that don't have the massive amounts of land to put in a thrill ride. Secondly, with one track, there's less material, and less costs. This is great for parks that don't have huge budgets. This is clearly the first generation, who knows where this will lead. We never thought we'd see a launching wooden coaster, but we have one now. Who's to say this design doesn't eventually evolve into a launch coaster, giving the current small footprint launching coaster manufacturers some competition. This is a win for RMC and a Win for some of the smaller, not as well know amusement parks looking for an economical option to give coaster enthusiasts and General public.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can I be chill when RMC clearly designed this in roller coaster tycoon?!?! This is easily the WORST RMC layout to-date and its a worse parking lot coaster than Scream! I mean, who's even going to come out to this place to ride it, it's not even at a Theme Park... I haven't even seen a clever marketing campaign for this thing either. RMC has FAILED big time.

You're kidding right?

Yes, he is.

You're kidding right? All they've come up with a is a concept, how could have they failed already? Here's why they've succeeded even with a concept and early ride development. First they are clearly advertising this to small parks that don't have the massive amounts of land to put in a thrill ride. Secondly, with one track, there's less material, and less costs. This is great for parks that don't have huge budgets. This is clearly the first generation, who knows where this will lead. We never thought we'd see a launching wooden coaster, but we have one now. Who's to say this design doesn't eventually evolve into a launch coaster, giving the current small footprint launching coaster manufacturers some competition. This is a win for RMC and a Win for some of the smaller, not as well know amusement parks looking for an economical option to give coaster enthusiasts and General public.

Yeah.... I was making fun of the user I quoted. He was telling us to chill when nobody said anything un-chill whatsoever. I'm a huge RMC fan-boy.

• 2 weeks later...

I was searching the Internet for everything I could find on the Raptor and T-Rex coasters and I found a website called The Unoffical Website of Silverwood Theme Park. Holy cow! Silverwood is my second favorite park! I go every couple of years as it's only a seven hour drive from my house! How did I not know this site existed!??? Anyway, someone on there posted last year that T-Rex track had been spotted at Silverwood and in a newer post in April of this year someone else said that RMC was just storing the track at Silverwood but that it was now gone. This person is also positive that Silverwood gets the first Raptor as their sources at say that RMC has even supposedly mapped out the layout within the park. They also said that RMC is going to be focusing on the Raptor as they have massive interest in it. But that said, RMC still had a ton of T-Rex track stored at Silverwood and now it's gone. Where did it go?!! I think it's headed to Buena Park, California! We will see!

Edited by WestCoasterKing

Its intresting to see them use the old ball and joint style connections like B&M did in their early years.

Soooooo what you're saying is we have maybe 8-10 years remaining of quality before they churn out snooze machines, right?

Its intresting to see them use the old ball and joint style connections like B&M did in their early years.

Soooooo what you're saying is we have maybe 8-10 years remaining of quality before they churn out snooze machines, right?

No. I'm just saying that it's interesting to see the parallels between RMC's first indulgence into a ground up steel coaster and a tubularsupport system and B&M's early work.

No. I'm just saying that it's interesting to see the parallels between RMC's first indulgence into a ground up steel coaster and a tubularsupport system and B&M's early work.

---> The Joke.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> You.

---> The Joke.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> You.

Mind you, I knew it was a joke; I just didn't find it funny or warranted.

I agree. Saying all B&Ms are "Boring & Mild" of whatever is such a worn out meme at this point. Especially since coasters like Fury, Mako, and Banshee are all forceful and/or great!

Edited by chickenbowl

...Especially since coasters like Fury, Mako, and Banshee are all forceful and great!

Banshee?? Great??

It's decent, but it's not by any means great.

I can agree with that. I can name like 5 other US B&M Inverts I prefer - I think it's overrated compared to what some people say, but I also don't think that coaster is "forceless" or a "snoozefest"

In my experience the general public doesn't care about forceful vs forceless, airtime vs floater air, linear induction vs hydraulic, etc etc. It means nothing to them. They want fast, tall, loopy, twisty rides. That's it.

No idea if it's country dependent but while they might not know terms regarding forces, airtime, etc. they actually do matter to them. Trust me, the GP thinks a ride is much more fun if it has pops of airtime, forceful turns and fun inversions (of course depends on person). After all, people go on coasters to have fun, not to have bragging rights.

In my experience the general public doesn't care about forceful vs forceless, airtime vs floater air, linear induction vs hydraulic, etc etc. It means nothing to them. They want fast, tall, loopy, twisty rides. That's it.

No idea if it's country dependent but while they might not know terms regarding forces, airtime, etc. they actually do matter to them. Trust me, the GP thinks a ride is much more fun if it has pops of airtime, forceful turns and fun inversions (of course depends on person). After all, people go on coasters to have fun, not to have bragging rights.

Then why is B&M hands down the most popular coaster maker? I thought their rides were dull but ask any GP their favorite ten coasters and most will be B&Ms.

Then why is B&M hands down the most popular coaster maker? I thought their rides were dull but ask any GP their favorite ten coasters and most will be B&Ms.

I did say it might be country dependent/region dependent (because some places do have lots and lots of B&M's covering their big rides selection so of course there's less variety to choose a top 10 out of) but of course parks would rather get a reliable B&M quality product that everyone likes rather than let's say an Intamin coaster that will have stronger reactions but be more unreliable. What my point was that most people while they might like a coaster anyway they still find the same coasters we find more fun, more fun as well, because it's not like when a person becomes an enthusiast suddenly the parts in their brain that regulate all your happy chemicals just suddenly decide "it's harder for you to have fun now"

That was probably a confusing read

I absolutely loved Banshee. It's a fantastic ride with a good variety of elements, a good sense of speed, and just pure loopy fun. It's my #2 invert after Raptor, and yes, I rate it higher than the Batmen. Intensity is cool, but sometimes you want pure, flat-out fun, and Banshee delivers that in spades.

I too love Banshee, and it's my #1 Invert, over the likes of Alpengeiest and Montu! Afterburn, Raptor, and the Batman clones all trail behind those three. I want my Invert to do more than just invert, and be intense. That's why the Batmen, and Raptor rate so "low" to me. That's also why I enjoy Great Bear, and Silver Bullet more than most. Take me somewhere, and do something unique! That's what I want from my B&M Invert!

Now how did we get talking about those in an RMC Raptor thread???