TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Roller Coaster Type from RMC Rocky Mountain Construction

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know considering all of the MTV cribs, most Expensiviest, World's Most Extreme Backyard style tv shows (I mad the last one up but it could be real for all I know), and (some of) mankind's never ending mission to gain exposure and likes and followers I'm kind of surprised a legitimate "backyard" coaster hasn't been built yet.....

Almost would have been more believable for some Power Ball Mega Millions winner to have done it in 2009 than the owner of the world's leading coaster companies in 2018.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: when I win the Powerball I'm buying a tiny house on a giant plot of land and putting a megalite in the yard. Y'all may or may not be invited over.

The cost to build and the cost/infrastructure to run it... I have no background in how much this costs or what you've got to do to make it work but good luck! It'll be a feat to build it and keep it in shape and keep it locked out from unwanted guests. Or am I just overthinking everything that will have to go into this?

I hope he's planning on fencing it in to keep creepfest enthusiasts unexpectedly popping around for what will be one of the most elusive credits ever.

You (and others) said it much better than I was planning to. Sad, but understandable, that this is the main point of discussion.

'Course, the best part of the article was about how he might eventually sell it (even though it's just a basic Raptor--the more RMCs in parks, the better).

I want to say he's extremely lucky (his grandkids sure are), but of course, it's way more than luck that led to this--vision, talent, and hard work. I would one-hundred-freaking-percent do something like this if I could.

The cost to build and the cost/infrastructure to run it... I have no background in how much this costs or what you've got to do to make it work but good luck! It'll be a feat to build it and keep it in shape and keep it locked out from unwanted guests. Or am I just overthinking everything that will have to go into this?

I'm sure Fred is well aware of everything that is going into this ride. His grandchildren are certainly lucky kids!

Looks like John Ivers's Blue Flash has been dethroned as the best backyard coaster.

There's aspiring to having money to build nice amenities like a home theater or a huge pool... And then there's this! My envy has taken on a new shade!

This is what I thought too.

Forget the backyard remodel with the pool, hottub, and outdoor kitchen. I want this instead!!

If I only had the space.

Honestly, it sounds like a standard Raptor layout (1,800 feet long, 52 mph, 90-deg drop), so I don't think creepy enthusiasts will be missing too much.

Even if it's the "standard" clone, it's hilarious that the likely best coaster in the region is in somebody's backyard.

My completely uninformed guess is in a year or two this will be moved down the road to Silverwood. Tremors, Timber Terror and Aftershock are great but Silverwood would benefit from this addition ...

And the ease of making this the world's best backyard coaster suggests they are cheap enough to install in lots of parks.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: when I win the Powerball I'm buying a tiny house on a giant plot of land and putting a megalite in the yard. Y'all may or may not be invited over.

Cult members are surely welcome, right?

I think this coaster is an awesome idea and I love that his grandkids will love it. Meanwhile, I've got season passes to enjoy his work and I'll be happy with that.

Cult members are surely welcome, right?

I'm considering it.

I've had this dream myself, but then I realized, why not team up with a theme park (and get front-line access/admission/parking for life for you and your family) and tell them "If you put in 25 million, I'll put in 40" and build the biggest baddest coaster ever made that people get to actually ride. Like an 9000 foot 350 foot tall Launching Intamin Hyper or something.

^There's no reason to include it.

But it would be so awesome to see it overtake Steel Force on your poll!

I've had this dream myself, but then I realized, why not team up with a theme park (and get front-line access/admission/parking for life for you and your family) and tell them "If you put in 25 million, I'll put in 40" and build the biggest baddest coaster ever made that people get to actually ride. Like an 9000 foot 350 foot tall Launching Intamin Hyper or something.

I've day dreamed on what I would do with a $500 million dollar lotto ticket. Instead of just one attraction, I would have the goal of investing in a park enough to where I would be able to share the decision making. One of the smaller parks would be great, where your money could really make a difference. What's 100 million, if you have 400 more? Buying into a park like Adventureland in Iowa would be an amazing experience to watch it grow responsibly over time from your substantial investment.

This guy building a coaster in his yard is really neat, but you have to wonder just how long it would take you to get tired of riding it. I think it would be less time than people think.

In my powerball fantasies I do the same. Why deal with contracts, insurance, maintenance, ruining your land, etc? Just invest in a smaller park and let them handle it!

Fred is different though. He can build this at cost, already has all of the equipment, and he's in the middle of nowhere. For him this is probably no different than an 'average' family putting in a pool.