TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Whats Your Favorite Disney Hotel And Why?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't stayed at that many Disney hotels, but I did spend a few days at the Animal Kingdom Lodge--beautiful building and grounds and great restaurants. The Boardwalk is very nice, too (and you can walk to Epcot).

I worked front desk and concierge at the Yacht & Beach Club as a CP in 2009, so I'm more than a little biased, but I do feel that all things considered it is the best all-around resort at WDW. Only drawback is the lack of monorail access (plenty of our guests just assumed the monorail stopped here when they made their reservations and they made a very strong point about coming to the desk to yell at us once they realized it didn't), but being a few minutes walking distance from Epcot makes up for it. I remember several times when one of my managers would offer me an early-out on slow days and I'd simply walk out the back door of the lobby and spend the rest of my day playing "Drunk Mission Space" at Epcot!

Yacht Club was always the easier of the two to work at. More business travelers and fewer familes with kids. Beach Club also had the DVC villas which gave us a few hundred more guests to deal with on that side. Yacht would get painfully slow though when there wasn't a convention or something. I stopped back in this past summer and one of my old bosses mentioned they're planning to close the resort in phases some time in 2012/13 to remodel the public areas and add proper quick service dining. The rooms were redone in 09 so I wouldn't expect major changes there. Hopefully its done in the same tasteful, upscale manner as the rennovations to Grand Floridian's lobby.

• 3 weeks later...

As I've only been to good ol' DLR, I'd say Grand Californian, closely followed by the refurbished DLH, then Paradise Pier.

If you include Good Neighbor hotels, I'll include the Candy Cane Inn. Right behind Cars Land, with a nice view of the geothermal power station

It's pretty hard for me to pick a favorite but if i had to pick a resort to stay at on property tomorrow it would probably be the Boardwalk, with Wilderness Lodge being a close second. You can't beat the location at the Boardwalk, and the jellyrolls is AWESOME at night.

I really love Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge but they are both a little bit more inaccessible.

I got engaged at the Poly so it holds it is a pretty special property to me as well.

• 7 months later...

All hail the mighty thread bump!

My favorite of the Disney hotels would be the Grand Californian. Maybe I'm just a sucker for craftsman/art deco architecture, but that place was fantastic.

DLH is also nice post-renovation and the monorail slides rock!

I also liked Paradise Pier; you just can't go wrong with a Disney hotel.

All hail the mighty thread bump!

My favorite of the Disney hotels would be the Grand Californian. Maybe I'm just a sucker for craftsman/art deco architecture, but that place was fantastic.

DLH is also nice post-renovation and the monorail slides rock!

I also liked Paradise Pier; you just can't go wrong with a Disney hotel.

The Grand Californian is very nice but the rooms are small. I stayed there with three kids when they first opened. There was no room to move around in the room. There idea of the room sleeping 5 was the 5th person slept in a sleeping bag on the floor.

• 2 months later...

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. Can't beat the location, service, and the room would definitely qualify as a deluxe room if it was at WDW (super spacious, modern amenities, elegant decor).

I think the best of the Disney hotels I've stayed out is Animal Kingdom lodge. The rooms are great, and the restaurants are excellent. The "savannah" is also very nice.

Disney's Hollywood Hotel in Hong Kong is excellent, too (love the Art Deco decor).

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Let's see. So far I've stayed at the following:

1982 - Polynesian (WDW)

2008 - Hotel Santa Fe (DLP)

2012 - Hollywood Hotel (HKDL)

2015 - Sequoia Lodge (DLP)

A small number to be sure, but still, I would rate them all in the following order:

1 Sequoia Lodge

2 Polynesian

3 Hollywood Hotel

4 Hotel Santa Fe

Staying at The Sequoia was a bucket list item for me, and after all these years, it didn't disappoint.

Nice comfy room, efficient elevators, spacious bar/lounge area, happy and helpful cast members.

IMG_9337.JPG.5ebfbc7d3618857486d4b66a0b840fb3.JPG

After David and I spent a non-parks day in the Village, shopping, eating, relaxing. And then... downpour.

One of the nicer reasons to get out of the rain, on the Sequoia Lodge decks, just off the main lobby.

(Sept.22-2015)

IMG_9338.JPG.3449173988e05c1b7dadab6db8ea0a66.JPG

The rest of the decks. I love the Sequoia Lodge. (o:

Edited by Nrthwnd

Speaking about hotels. Anyone have any experience with any of the three onsite Tokyo hotels? I am considering booking them instead of Hilton Tokyo Bay during that leg of my trip (and take a more basic hotel in Osaka, Kyoto and Hong Kong). So is it worth spending more on one of those hotels and cutting back on other hotels...

* this was not worth a brand new thread - so that is why I am asking it here *

Of the ones I've stayed at on WDW property:

1. Old Key West (my family's home resort. DVC since 1994! OLIVIA'S!)

2. Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna view on the concierge floor makes for a great stay)

3. Boardwalk (great atmosphere, walking distance to Epcot, the presence of Big River Grille)

4. Beach Club (best pool on property and walk to Epcot)

5. Wilderness Lodge (I loved the feeling of isolation you get)

6. Saratoga Springs (walking distance to Disney Springs, delicious food at The Turf Club)

7. All Star Whatever/Pop Century (these hotels all blurred together for me. Only stayed at them one night each on various trips)

Honourable mention to Paradise Pier out in Anaheim. Just a modest room, but I loved the roof-top pool and the pizza from PCH Grill was delicious.

• 2 years later...

The ones I've stayed at:

1. Disney's Hollywood Hotel - HKDR (because I live for Art Deco)

2. Arts of Animation - WDW (because it’s not All Stars)

3. Toy Story Hotel - SHDR (Very nice, but somehow felt a bit off)

4. The All Star crap - WDW (because it’s All Star)

Otherwise:

1. Hotel Miracosta (My ultimate goal is to stay there and not cry)

2. Animal Kingdom Lodge (because I can’t afford it)

3. Grand Californian (because I really can’t afford it)

4. Disney Explorers Lodge (because it’s kind of like Animal Kingdom Lodge)

Edited by gerstlaueringvar

Shades of Green, only one I've stayed at and it's amazing. (It's on the land of WDW so does it count?) It has amazing food, fun events in the hotel, an arcade, gaming systems, and the rooms are pretty nice.

Technically Shades Of Green WAS a Disney built & operated hotel that was called something like the "Disney Golf Inn" IIRC but was given over to a civilian-run group that operates hotels for the American military(they also run the Hale Koa in Honolulu).

On a side note,I've never stayed a Disney hotel YET(fingers crossed big time) but The Contemporary is on my "bucket list".

1. Hotel Miracosta (My ultimate goal is to stay there and not cry)

- Stayed there since I first posted in this thread. It's ridiculous. I have never been so happy to be woken up at 6am by them practicing an upcoming summer show in the lagoon at DisneySea!

2. Animal Kingdom Lodge (because I can’t afford it)

- Obviously amazing, but ever since we stayed at the Leofoo Resort in Taiwan I'm spoiled. It's a crazy ripoff of Animal Kingdom lodge where you're even closer to the animals. The only negative was the food offerings. I remember KT and I being quite hungry after dinner!

3. Grand Californian (because I really can’t afford it)

- Nice, but I just can't get behind the Disneyland Resort Hotels as they're in the middle of Anaheim and not really 'resort-ish'.

4. Disney Explorers Lodge (because it’s kind of like Animal Kingdom Lodge)

- KT is dying to stay here as she's now a fan of the 'SEA' storyline in Disney folklore.

Edited by SharkTums