TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Eejanaika Changes Colour

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there a little rough, expensive, and maintenance nightmares, but I am surprised 4d coasters didn't catch on more!
Did you read this before posting it? I'm not trying to be mean, but this is one of the most self-contradictory posts I've ever seen. The ride is expensive to purchase, expensive to maintain, and unenjoyable, yet you're surprised more parks didn't buy one? I'm more surprised that China bought one in 2012 after seeing X/X2 and Eejanaika operate for years.

More on topic, I don't think the paint really looks all that bad. Unremarkable, but not terrible. At least the grey won't fade noticeably.

So if X2 and Dinoconda are generally rated pretty high in the coaster world, why is Eejanaika so bad? Is it just the fact it's at Fuji-Q? Is it the trains? I'm curious about what makes this ride so bad.

I'm fairly certain it's because the coaster uses the bulky, old-style, X-era trains. Apparently X was one of the worst-riding coasters in the history of all mankind - but since they put the new trains on and it became X2, I guess it's become a lot more tolerable.

For me, the biggest problem with Eejanaika was the seat rotation. On X2 and Dinoconda, the rotation is more controlled and enhances the ride. For Eejanaika, the effect was more like rolling downhill in a trash can.

^As said earlier:

Apparently X was one of the worst-riding coasters in the history of all mankind - but since they put the new trains on and it became X2, I guess it's become a lot more tolerable.

Simply, the heavy trains from the X era were crap, and made the rides using them run like crap. From my experience with the original X, it was also pretty much "Rolling Downhill in a Trashcan: the Ride" with the old trains. Thankfully Magic Mountain sobered up and updated X's trains, and it did help make the ride more enjoyable (still pretty brutal, but nowhere near as bad as it used to be). Dinoconda opened with the second gen trains and didn't seem to suffer the same issues X did. Eejanaika is the only one of the three still sporting the old trains, and its god-awful ride experience reflects that.

I might be the only one but I actually think X2 (newer trains) is pretty smooth of a ride! Zero complaints maybe not Tatsu silliness, but considering what it's doing, i can't imagine a ride like that being even smoother.

The 2 times I rode X (once as X and once as X2 just last year) I ended up in the back row in an outside seat and thought it was one of the worst coasters ever but I've heard it's a lot better in other seats. I'd give the ride another shot... I just wish you could choose your seat.