TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Announcing "Skyline Attractions"

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, not sure why people are saying it's not a roller coaster.

Isn't it basically a powered coaster?

It has a belt (for lack of a better word) that goes around the entire track, is connected to the ride vehicle and it all moves at the same time. Pipe Scream is more of a coaster than this thing. At least that's an independent ride vehicle moving along a track. That being I said I love watching people get pissed off about it.

Isn't it basically a powered coaster?... It's definitely more of a coster than a super loop.

Maybe if it weren't tire driven it would more than likely be considered a coaster, especially if the LSM option were used as mentioned in the press release. In my opinion, the Larson Fireball, the Zamperla Disko, and other similar rides are not roller coasters. Another thing I would like to point out is the two "trains" are coupled together and don't move freely from one another so, in my opinion that makes it more of a flat ride. So, I would consider the Skywarp to be a flat ride until they install the LSM on it and only operate it with one train opposed to two coupled "trains". The Skywarp definitely looks amazing though!

In my opinion, the Larson Fireball, the Zamperla Disko, and other similar rides are not roller coasters. Another thing I would like to point out is the two "trains" are coupled together and don't move freely from one another so, in my opinion that makes it more of a flat ride.

Let's play Devil's Advocate! What about U-shaped shuttle coasters like Intamin half pipes, impulse coasters and that weird coaster in China? What if they for whatever reason were powered by tires like the Skywarp?

I think you could likely argue that the Skywarp at the very least could possibly be maybe considered as somewhat of a powered coaster.

In my opinion, the Larson Fireball, the Zamperla Disko, and other similar rides are not roller coasters. Another thing I would like to point out is the two "trains" are coupled together and don't move freely from one another so, in my opinion that makes it more of a flat ride.

Let's play Devil's Advocate! What about U-shaped shuttle coasters like Intamin half pipes, impulse coasters and that weird coaster in China? What if they for whatever reason were powered by tires like the Skywarp?

I think you could likely argue that the Skywarp at the very least could possibly be maybe considered as somewhat of a powered coaster.

Well, if all those coasters you mentioned were tire propelled, then I wouldn't consider them to be coasters unless the tires propelled the trains to a certain point and gravity takes over for the rest of the duration. Yes, I could see the Skywarp as a powered coaster but, the two coupled trains make it seem like more of a flat ride. Just getting a little on the ridiculous side here but, someone could then argue that Bayern Kurves, Musik Expresses, and some kiddie rides are coasters just because they have wheels! So, unless there's physical brakes on the track, it operates with trains uncoupled, and it operates mostly by gravity; I won't be considering any flat ride a coaster.

Who cares if its considered a coaster or not...

Any who... I think this would fit great in a park like Six Flags America where it doesn't get crowded and the general public eat up everything, gotta push my home park hehe Also, I think this would be a good fit or Knoebels., Waldameer, or Delgrossos.

Isn't it basically a powered coaster?

It has a belt (for lack of a better word) that goes around the entire track, is connected to the ride vehicle and it all moves at the same time. Pipe Scream is more of a coaster than this thing. At least that's an independent ride vehicle moving along a track. That being I said I love watching people get pissed off about it.

Doesn't the belt only go 1/2 way around the track (connects two trains), unlike the superloop where the belt goes all the way around the circuit?

Actually yeah you may be right. The scale model is like that but probably because it has to function as a scale model. I stand corrected.

The ride renderings video posted on TPR twitter also shows the same thing, the belt being just between the ride vehicles and not a complete loop like an Larson Loop.

RCDB still lists non-credit items. I think at best it will be called a powered coaster, and will be on RCDB.

The track looks a lot like Raptor track. Although Raptor track is designed for vehicles only one passanger wide, where passengers will straddle the track, this concept is still, nonetheless, too similiar.

T-Rex track is designed for trains 3-passangers wide. Maybe Skyline did develop their own track and is avoiding copyright and permit issues by designing it to be between the sizes of T-Rex and Raptor track?

VIDEO REMOVED - Videos from this channel are not allowed on TPR.

Edited by robbalvey

• 7 months later...

http://screamscape.com/html/industry_news.htm#Skyline

Skyline Attractions - (7/7/17) Probably in answer to the rumor we posted last week about Skyline Attractions, the company has confirmed this week that they have indeed signed a deal for the “first of many” Skywarp attractions, which will make a public debut in Summer 2018. “The train begins rocking back and forth, building up to full speed before completing several thrilling forward and reverse rotations through the twin Immelmann inversions.”

Unfortunately they could not yet reveal which park or even the company to whom will get the honor of opening the very first Skywarp.

Here's the press blast for the first sold Skywarp ride:

http://www.skylineattractions.com/?p=press&i=20170706-skyline-attractions-sells-first-skywarp

1014470288_SkylineAttractionsSkywarp01.thumb.jpg.7f43e000dbddecf0da705f749304df00.jpg

1 July 2017

Orlando, FL, USA - Skyline Attractions has altered the landscape of thrill rides with its latest scream maker- Skywarp. As part of the company's third anniversary, Skyline is excited to announce the sale of their first of many Skywarps, which will make its public debut in the summer of 2018. This exciting experience offers 32 passengers a unique journey as they board the competing ride vehicles. The train begins rocking back and forth, building up to full speed before completing several thrilling forward and reverse rotations through the twin Immelmann inversions.

The unique concept was first shown to the world at the 2016 IAAPA Attractions Expo in Orlando, Florida. This annual event is the world's largest showcase of rides and Skywarp was one of the most unique concepts displayed. This innovative attraction combines the speed, inversions, and capacity of a big coaster with a fraction of the necessary investment needed. The clever design of Skywarp allows it to deliver the thrills a modern rider expects, with the reliability, ease of maintenance, and ultra-compact footprint that fits in nearly any park.

"Skywarp has everything that operators of all sizes desire: Big impact, big thrills, big visibility, and big capacity with a small footprint and a small price," said Evan Souliere, founding partner of Skyline Attractions.

The small 120 foot by 30 foot footprint allows for the placement of the attraction in nearly any location, and topping out at 62 feet in height it can even fit in many indoor locations.

"The flexibility of Skywarp, combined with the excitement it delivers to guests, makes it a great addition to any park. We are thrilled to be placing the first of what we believe will be many Skywarp attractions," commented Chris Gray, Vice President at Skyline Attractions. "Stop by and see us at booth 5808 at the 2017 IAAPA Attractions Expo as we unveil where the first Skywarp will be taking guests on a wild ride," he continued.

Ride Entertainment is the sales partner for Skyline Attractions.

They're listing the stats as the following:

Height: 62 feet (19 meters)

Footprint: 120 feet X 30 feet (37m X 9m)

Track Length: 360 feet (110 m)

Instant Capacity: 32

Hourly Capacity: 800 pph

Looking forward to it, guys and gals at Skyline.

Maybe this is what six flags is doing for their ''record breaking/first of it's kind'' attractions.

This theory has been posted before and got pooped on by most. I tend to agree that this was part of the tease by SF. The rumor of SF and Skyline deal seems more credible now. Multiple Skywarps might have been purchases for non superloop parks.

Maybe this is what six flags is doing for their ''record breaking/first of it's kind'' attractions.

This theory has been posted before and got pooped on by most. I tend to agree that this was part of the tease by SF. The rumor of SF and Skyline deal seems more credible now. Multiple Skywarps might have been purchases for non superloop parks.

Skyline is announcing the park that bought it at IAAPA in November. Six Flags makes their yearly announcements in September. Six Flags did not buy the first SkyWarp. It doesn't make sense and doesn't fit the time line.