TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Announcing "Skyline Attractions"

Six Flags did not buy the first SkyWarp. It doesn't make sense and doesn't fit the time line.

In case you haven't noticed, there are a lof of things that "don't make sense" in this business!

I'm not saying I think you're wrong, I just wanted to point out that fun little factoid!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this is what six flags is doing for their ''record breaking/first of it's kind'' attractions.

This theory has been posted before and got pooped on by most. I tend to agree that this was part of the tease by SF. The rumor of SF and Skyline deal seems more credible now. Multiple Skywarps might have been purchases for non superloop parks.

Skyline is announcing the park that bought it at IAAPA in November. Six Flags makes their yearly announcements in September. Six Flags did not buy the first SkyWarp. It doesn't make sense and doesn't fit the time line.

Not necessarily. Skywarps are so cheap they could be a late add on after an initial announcement by SF. With just a 2M cost, SF could announce a park is getting a flat initially and then add on the Skywarp. Btw, by IAAPA every park has announced and thus it will hardly be a secret if 1 park hasn't who the Skywarp is going to. I totally could see the Skywarp as a late add on announcement to SF or any park.

Edited by chammonds96

Six Flags currently has 13 ride parks in North America. 8 have Super Loops. If Six Flags did in fact buy these rides, that leaves 5 parks without a Super Loop which seems to line up well with the number Skyline has sold.

Assuming Six Flags wouldn't add a Skywarp to a park with a Super Loop, I'm guessing La Ronde, Great America, Magic Mountain, Mexico, and Over Texas will be receiving these next year if Six Flags bought them.

Six Flags currently has 13 ride parks in North America. 8 have Super Loops. If Six Flags did in fact buy these rides, that leaves 5 parks without a Super Loop which seems to line up well with the number Skyline has sold.

Assuming Six Flags wouldn't add a Skywarp to a park with a Super Loop, I'm guessing La Ronde, Great America, Magic Mountain, Mexico, and Over Texas will be receiving these next year if Six Flags bought them.

That's what I'm thinking possibly too. This is right up SF's alley. 5 Skywarps would be just 10M total, maybe 3 one year and 2 the next. It looks like a decent ride, surely better than a superloop.

Maybe, I missed the announcement. Why did you read that Skyline sold 5? They sold one at this time.