TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

S&S Sansei Discussion Thread

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is excellent news...

It is great to see that S&S is going to stick around and keep making its brand of wacky rides. I wish all of the people there the best and hope that maybe just maybe they might give us a few sneak peaks of some new rides in the future

(Please give us some previews early... We are impatient... )

WOOHOO I still get to keep Space Shot

Had the company actually gone under it's not like their existing rides would all just be scrapped or something. So you would have kept your space shot regardless.

But great news none the less. Talk about a 180?

It's finally good to get the news straight from the horse's mouth.

Despite the magnitude of the change, it seems like a lot of people have made way too big a deal of this, to make a point or to get attention.

Thanks for clearing everything up Kathy, and best wishes to S&S for the future.

I was wondering whats going to happen to all the rides that rely on S&S for parts I am just a little confused about all this can any one who knows about the company explain it to me?

What was confusing about the press release? Or did you even read that?

--Robb "It was fairly clear to me." Alvey

So the way I read it, it's that Stan never owned the company before but now purchased it? I thought the opposite was supposed to happen, well, when I listened to the others And by major projects, is that like new concepts cause I (yes yes yes here it comes) thought it was the parks that reveal the projects? Unless it's like "we're building a ride at some park coming soon" like for the Japanese 4D. I'll just wait I hope when I'm old enough to travel (and have the money) that I can ride an S&S roller coaster.

Yes i did read the release robb im just a little slow on understanding it I dont see how they can change owners when they just built the 2nd 4d coaster did the ceo goof up somewhere?

^The company just changed owners. That does not affect the rides they have previously built at all. Most of the pople who worked on the new 4D will remain in the company (if there is any downsizing at all).

Sure ain't going to be me.^^

Im happy that nothing really is going to happen to S&S because I just previously got back from Cedar Point on Wednesday and I rode Skyhawk which was fun and Power Tower which I think is a blast. Its nice to see a company switch things up with their use of Compressed Air and the thought that goes behind their rides or should I say Stan Checketts.

I think an important part of credibilty lies in realizing you have made a mistake, and then admitting it. It has come to my attention that my "inside source", the main source of a lot of my info recently on S&S, has turned out to not be trustworthy. There is enough untruth in the information that I feel compelled to assume that all of the info from that person was in fact untrue.

While news of S&S's restructure has been whispered a lot recently, the majority of the filler information I posted was in fact false. I am guilty of taking on the inside information and posting it as my own, for which I am sorry. My source, a contact in a chat room that seemed to convincingly fill in a lot of gaps in the S&S news for me, was not an S&S employee, and seems to have fed me some false information that I was stupid enough to assume had credibility. I take full responsibilty as the conduit for the information, and feel the only ethical thing to do at this point is to admit my mistake and publically apoligize to S&S and the community.

The biggest mistake I made was to connect some dots and assume that Kather Archer was the source of my information. Kathy in fact had no knowledge of most of the information in the posts and had nothing to do with it. I regret ever using her name and apologize to her for any damage that reference has caused her. I have talked with Kathy and personally apologized for any damage I have done. Any connection to Kathy was an assumption on my part, and in fact was never personally confirmed by me. Since most of my sources information has turned out to be false, it is very clear that they also had no real contacts within S&S.

I hope that by clearing my conscious on this issue I can help clear up any inaccuracies I helped perpetuate against S&S and Kathy. There is a real danger on passing on second hand information, and I understand that danger very clearly now. Again, I want to express my sincere apology to S&S and to Kathy for any misrepresentation I have perpetuated.

• 2 weeks later...

http://hjnews.townnews.com/articles/2006/09/07/news/news02.txt

S & S Power Inc. unveils new fun park

When Stan Checketts dreams, big things usually follow.

“Everybody has things that make them happy,” the swami of the thrill ride circuit said Wednesday, standing in front of his latest concoction. “What makes me happy is to thrill people.”

Checketts, CEO of S & S Power, Inc., unveiled his newly minted Celebration Centre to the public before quickly joining an eager crowd who hopped aboard his high-powered extreme rides which tower over south Logan’s landscape.

“I’m sure it will take years to build up to what it needs to be,” said Checketts. “This is kind of unusual for a park of this magnitude to be in a town this small.”

Unusual, maybe, especially when you consider the rural surroundings the facility juts out from along the highway approach to Logan. But for those who turned out to kick the tires and test the limits of Checketts’ imagination, the amusement park was just plain old cool.

“We need this so badly,” said Tiffani Rudd, membership director of the Cache Chamber of Commerce. “We’re so excited that this facility is here.”

For a man who has spent more than a decade perfecting ways to make people scream, Checketts is confident his new complex will offer them in spades.

“As I see people laugh and have a great time, that’s what satisfies me,” said Checketts.

The site is anchored by the 367-foot-tall Sonic Boom, the tallest drop ride in the world with no brakes.

Riders ascend to the top of the tower gently before hitting a button that sends them screeching back to Earth at speeds of 90 m.p.h.

Wednesday’s ribbon cutting came more than three years after Checketts first won approval by the Logan Municipal Council to move forward with the project.

“Three years and a lot of hard work,” said Javier Romero, the Celebration Centre’s general manager. “It’s an undertaking, and the road is difficult.”

In addition to the four outdoor thrill rides, the park also boasts a miniature golf course, two go-cart tracks, a climbing wall, an indoor playground, children’s rides, a video arcade and a cafeteria.

The plan is to make the 40-acre site a gathering place for families and other groups from Cache Valley and

beyond.

“The big thing we’re after here is the fact that this is a place to celebrate,” said Checketts. “My plans are to keep a nice atmosphere for people to come relax and enjoy.”

The latter was on display for most of the afternoon Wednesday.

“Whoa,” said a queasy Logan Mayor Randy Watts after riding the Screamin’ Swing. “If I had to go on that ride over there, the mayor’s shirt would be a different color,” he said pointing to the Sonic Boom.

Jason Lloyd, a Utah State University student, said the center combines the lure of big-thrill rides found at traditional amusement parks with the convenience of a smaller fun park.

“It’s awesome. It’s all the best rides at a bigger park put into one,” he said.

Julie Hollist, executive director of the Cache Valley Visitors’ Bureau, said the Celebration Centre could also have significant economic benefits for the region.

“This is going to put us on the map as a destination for people with no sense of fear,” she said. “Stan Checketts is a man of action, and if he has the vision to create it, he’s done his homework.”

Hollist and park spokeswoman Josie Beth Archibald say the rabid fan base that Checketts has developed in the thrill ride world should carry over to his newest creation.

“We’ve seen a lot of success already,” Archibald said. Already, people have called and asked if they can base jump from the top of some of the rides.

Future plans call for the addition of bumper boats, paint ball, a camping and RV park and the original Bungee Tower that launched Checketts’ career.

“The Celebration Centre will be here and growing long after I’m gone,” said Checketts.

I don't think that there is a lot to do in a park, and I thimk it will be hard for it to survive. They need more major rides and mabe a Powder Keg type ride, but maybe those will come in the future. It looks nice, but like I said earlier, there is just not that much to do.