TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What do you want to see in your home park in 2015?

^What about floorless trains? It would be more interesting, I think.

To me, floorless trains are actually pretty pointless. They're only effective in the front row, and even then that's assuming you're actually thinking about the prospect of the track being by your feet--but most of the time, I'm too distracted by actually riding the ride to care Really, even on sit-down coasters, your feet barely touch the floor (as seen in that picture above) so the whole concept is kind of a waste of research, development, and hype if you ask me.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Those are custom trains. I'm average sized guy and when I rode kumba, my feet touched the ground with a lot of room. It was very comfortable. They should do this to Green Lantern at SFGAdv

Ooh, I guess youre right lol. Im getting confused with the speed coasters, which I seem to wedge myself into so my feet dangle a bit. Youd think Id know that, IOA is one of my homeparks and the floor is very noticeable on the Hulk.

The point remains though, floorless trains arent really the end-all of coaster vehicle styles.

I for one like the novelty of being able to kick...I mean conveniently extend my legs out toward the row of seats in front of me when I go through a cobra roll (see: Hydra).

Getting back to the topic...

Since, It's rumored that it will be added in the Fiesta Italy area, I would like to see Busch Gardens Williamsburg add either an Intamin Gyro Swing (Giving Busch a much needed major league flat (I don't count Mach tower as a flat)) OR A B&M Flying Coaster. Something like Air/Tatsu with ground elements and terrain hugging should be great and sand-filled track should prevent NIMBY's from complaining.

If not Italy, I wouldn't mind some kind of Interactive Dark Ride where Europe in the Air is?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
With Adventureland (Iowa) getting a Windseeker this year, their first ride investment since 2006, I highly doubt we will get anything next year, though I still hold out hope that a Eurofighter or El Loco will come one day.

Hell yeah! That would be awesome but I think you are probably right. I think 2016 could be a ride but I can only see a kids or family ride to be honest. Crossing fingers for 2017/2018

One or more of the following: Intamin Giga Coaster, Intamin Megalite, Intamin Pre-Fab Woodie, RMC woodie, RMC steel redo of existing wooden coaster, B&M Dive Machine - at any park in LA area or SF Bay Area.