TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

As much as the GP & Knott's fanboys will complain about these additions, I do believe these attractions will add to the atmosphere that the Boardwalk area conveys. Yes, it's not a massive 300 ft. coaster that half of us are torn about wanting, however it's an addition nonetheless that embodies the theming (at least I hope it'll embody that theming....) that so many of us are wanting to see implemented into the park.

A family coaster makes more sense for Knott's than some behemoth giga coaster.

I agree that Knott's is a family theme park, but there really hasn't been a thrilling addition since Silver Bullet almost 10 years ago. I thought that Pony Express and Sierra Sidewinder really completed the "family" aspect of coasters at Knott's. I'm not complaining as I think the re-do of the boardwalk is a clear improvement, but I don't think Knott's was quite in need of a family coaster, you know?

Hopefully they will get rid of Boomerang in the next few years and get something a littler larger.

This addition will bring much needed life to the listless back corner of the park. I think it is a sound choice, although it won't bring my teen son and I back to Knott's more than once. That would take a true scream machine.

These days we're in and out of the park in two hours, which is plenty of time for a quick loop through Zuma, Bullet, and Xcellerator.

Everyone is right. With Knott's and their over flow of Disneyland guests. More family rides does make sense. I did notice that in Knott's Scary farm. They had mazes and a ton of room just past ghost rider. They can fit a Giga coaster in there if they do like Ghost rider and build over the walk way to the stores and build into the hotels parking lot. If anyone else can think of any other place to fit a giga coaster please post about it.

How many years has the Scrambler been gone? It was moved to under Windjammer when Perilous Plunge was built, right? And then moved over by the rapids when Xcelerator was built? And then was it removed for Pony Express and this is the first time it's re-surfaced since then?

And now it's kind of back to where it was originally?

(Not exact same location, obviously, but same area...)

Edited by robbalvey