TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I know this would probably never happen but.....

Looking at the plot of land and it's proximity to Jaguar, if they got rid of Jaguar and kept the temple, this could be a site for a nice dark ride. The temple could be the themed entrance and the show building could extend out to where Jaguar's second lift and helix are located if the got rid of that train as well.

I'm just thinking that there's got to be better use for that land than the massive station for a family coaster that has a height requirement of 48 inches. This is coming from a guy who actually enjoys the scenic ride of Jaguar.

I'm thinking this too, though Jaguar doesn't really take up much real estate anyways and still gets a long line in the summer, so I don't see it leaving soon.

They would need to take out the temple if they were going to try and make that work. Think about the position of the enterance to the temple relative to where windseeker is. The show building would be in front of the enterance itself. Lol The whole area would have to be reworked, and while its possible, I forsee it being unlikely.

I know this would probably never happen but.....

Looking at the plot of land and it's proximity to Jaguar, if they got rid of Jaguar and kept the temple, this could be a site for a nice dark ride. The temple could be the themed entrance and the show building could extend out to where Jaguar's second lift and helix are located if the got rid of that train as well.

I'm just thinking that there's got to be better use for that land than the massive station for a family coaster that has a height requirement of 48 inches. This is coming from a guy who actually enjoys the scenic ride of Jaguar.

I said this a couple months back on this form (before the rumor of them removing Windseeker) and with the exact same reason with the height requirement plus all their other family rides are way more fun. They remove Jaguar, possibly relocate the merry go round and the Mexican food place to the right of the merry go round and you have room for a top of the line thrill ride. If they get a dark ride they already have a building for that (Kingdom of the Dinosaur). If they want something like a small Euro or El Loco I think just removing Windseeker, using the path and some of the water is enough room, but anything bigger they remove Jaguar as well thats a lot of room to work with.

^That video was pretty neat! I had actually never seen any behind the scenes auditions for Haunt and some of those actors (especially the females) were pretty convincing!

A discussion about Wind Seeker's removal yesterday while at CGA...the nerdy discussions we have waiting in line for Gold Striker... We thought it would be neat to see a Gerstlauer Sky Roller or Sky Fly. But we are suckers for rider-controlled flat rides anyway.

If they get a dark ride they already have a building for that (Kingdom of the Dinosaur).

As has been mentioned in here numerous times...that building no longer exists as it was for KoD. It was gutted to make more for Johnny Rockets ventilation/HVAC systems.

The Haunt audition process is somewhat laughable...they only started doing auditions to copy HHN. Can't really say if it has improved things, as there are lots of people who can do good auditions and not be able to hang during Haunt. There are also people like myself who are seasoned Haunt veterans who would bomb the audition but kick ass out in the park. If they were concerned about quality, they should go back to having it be a requirement that you spend at least 5 years in a maze before being eligible for streets.

They would need to take out the temple if they were going to try and make that work. Think about the position of the enterance to the temple relative to where windseeker is. The show building would be in front of the enterance itself. Lol The whole area would have to be reworked, and while its possible, I forsee it being unlikely.

I should've clarified, I meant Jaguar's helix at the very end of the ride not the one after the first drop. That would leave the plaza open and the show building completely to the right of the entrance if they used the same entrance as Jaguar. Sorry for the confusion!

If they get a dark ride they already have a building for that (Kingdom of the Dinosaur).

As has been mentioned in here numerous times...that building no longer exists as it was for KoD. It was gutted to make more for Johnny Rockets ventilation/HVAC systems.

I thought they only used some of the building not all of it, so if they indeed used the entire building than never mind.

My managers still can't train me at Monte because they don't know where I'm going yet for Haunt. My Shift Lead started yesterday and when she asked for permission to continue they denied. Because of this, I unfortunately won't be able to operate Monte for you guys at WCB. I will however still be working that day from 9-315 at La Rev, so I'm up for a TPR take over if you guys want . So far I only know one of the operators for ERT, but she's awesome so you guys will be in good hands.

My managers still can't train me at Monte because they don't know where I'm going yet for Haunt. My Shift Lead started yesterday and when she asked for permission to continue they denied. Because of this, I unfortunately won't be able to operate Monte for you guys at WCB. I will however still be working that day from 9-315 at La Rev, so I'm up for a TPR take over if you guys want . So far I only know one of the operators for ERT, but she's awesome so you guys will be in good hands.

If there's a TPR takeover at La Revolucion, I'll be there. Though, the ride usually has a long line, so it discourages me from riding. I might do a courtesy ride on it since you can't make WCB ERT.

I thought they only used some of the building not all of it, so if they indeed used the entire building than never mind.

That is correct, but if they were to use the remaining portions for a dark ride...it wouldn't leave much.

I'll come by and ride and say hi

If there's a TPR takeover at La Revolucion, I'll be there. Though, the ride usually has a long line, so it discourages me from riding. I might do a courtesy ride on it since you can't make WCB ERT.

Haha thanks That'd be awesome. I was really hoping I'd get to operate for ERT, it's one of the main reasons I gave up doing Haunt as a monster when they told me I was getting trained a month ago. But for whatever reason, no one seems to know what's going on. I've talked to all my managers and upper management and they've told me Monte, Ghost Town, and all sorts of other stuff. Now it seems like they're sending me somewhere for Haunt, but they don't know where...even though Haunt is in like 3 weeks lol. Anyways, at least the people who will be doing it know that you guys are coming and know what were all about so it should be a good time.

Out of curiosity, with all the talk of a rumored Hyper, or Giga that could come to Knotts in the future, where would it go? I've not been to knotts since 2005 but it seems like there is very little room to put something of that scale in the park. I remember the park already seeming quite full/land locked. Again, just curious..

I think the real question is this: Is a Hyper or a Giga appropriate for Knott's?

The enthusiast in me says "hell yes!"

The realist in me says it probably won't happen for another 3 or 4 years IF it happens at all. I'm OK with this however, as the park is still very well rounded in its attraction offerings.

I think the real question is this: Is a Hyper or a Giga appropriate for Knott's?

No! A giga would be too much for Knott's (in my opinion).

My dream would be for Knott's to build a Verbolten-style ride with a cool story, launch and showroom with a vertical drop.

They could easily theme it to Ghost Town, but if it were up to me I would create the story around a Native American legend like Mystery Lodge or put it in the corner of the park and theme it to Bigfoot!

I think the root of our desire is we all just want something with a lot of strong powerful airtime. Though I wouldn't argue a verbolten style ride. Might even be more appropriate given the parks demographics.