TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to derail this thread any further, but a huge part of the problem is there not anything actually tough about them. They exist, and some businesses (like Knotts when they were open for all their fo

Theme Park Review was invited to experience the Knott's Taste of Boysenberry Festival on Saturday, March 6, in what is a welcomed return to SoCal theme park food and drink events! The tasting car

Toughest mask mandates in the country for months and months. When will masks start working? 

Posted Images

You need to get a confirmation e-mail.

A physical description or personality?

I am going to guess personality, since Robb also asked for a photo (which takes care of the physical description part).

^ Don't be obnoxious! It happens and sometimes things are just out of their control. Next time we won't invite you.

Edited by robbalvey

^^ Yay! Even though it's only single train for now, I'm just happy it's running again and I'll be able to ride it for the first time at WCB. Kudos to Knott's for all the hard work to get it back up as quickly as possible!

When I went to Knott's back in April, it was running 1 train. With how quick the ride was length-wise, the single train didn't really bother me. Not saying that Xcelerator crew was slow or anything but I kind of feel like I'd be spending just as much time waiting in the brakes (in 2-train op) as I would be waiting for the next cycle (in single train op).

When I went to Knott's back in April, it was running 1 train. With how quick the ride was length-wise, the single train didn't really bother me. Not saying that Xcelerator crew was slow or anything but I kind of feel like I'd be spending just as much time waiting in the brakes (in 2-train op) as I would be waiting for the next cycle (in single train op).

I have noticed that too. The ride is short and the train is in the brake run while the other train is pulling into the station. It does save a little time with a second train but not much. A fast crew with one train proabably beats a slow crew with two!

So Knott's did something fairly brilliant for Haunt:

Not only do "Fright Lane" ticket holders get front of the line, but now they also get a "skeleton key" that will "unlock additional rooms and interactive scares in select mazes."

Simply brilliant. It suckers in fans who would otherwise come on a Thursday to avoid crowds to buy the pass (like me!), while also giving more value to the pass at a relatively low cost (I can't imagine an extra maze room costing more than a few grand).

Not only do "Fright Lane" ticket holders get front of the line, but now they also get a "skeleton key" that will "unlock additional rooms and interactive scares in select mazes."

Simply brilliant. It suckers in fans who would otherwise come on a Thursday to avoid crowds to buy the pass (like me!), while also giving more value to the pass at a relatively low cost (I can't imagine an extra maze room costing more than a few grand).

SOLD! I'LL TAKE TWO!

That is simply amazing. I can't believe nobody has thought of that sooner. I like haunts, so that would be something I would be compelled to purchase for sure!

That is simply amazing. I can't believe nobody has thought of that sooner. I like haunts, so that would be something I would be compelled to purchase for sure!

I will probably do it myself, and as long as the bonus rooms/scares are well done---they'll have me hooked for next year too!

Wow! Great to see parks thinking outside the box and doing something unique and different with a Halloween event. I remember when Universal Orlando used to be the leader of this kind of thing. "Used to be..."

Wow! Great to see parks thinking outside the box and doing something unique and different with a Halloween event. I remember when Universal Orlando used to be the leader of this kind of thing. "Used to be..."

Hey Robb,

Is TPR doing a Haunt event this year at Knott's? MiceChat is doing one, and before I pay $110 for thier event, I just wanted to check to see if TPR is doing one.

Thanks.

That is a great idea! Glad to see Knott's taking it up a notch. They've been doing a great job these past few years.