TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

The shoot the chutes ride, while still there, would cost up to and possibly over $1 million to move/rebuild(concrete is expensive) OzCat from what I'm told most likely won't go anywhere, and the tower, well...it's a shorty.

I am really quite surprised that they might be moving the ride to Elitch, but then again I'm not. Elitch needs something new but it's been such a money pit at Magic. What was it, almost 2 years that it was down before they could get it up again? It might have only been a little over a year, regardless it was a long time. CNL seems to historically be on the cheap side with new attractions so I don't expect to see anything major out of them.

I'm not an engineer, but it seems that using the chain to lower the ride back into the station causes a ton of wear and tear, some sort of magnetic system like the one Intamin uses could have possibly been a option.

I finally rode two Skyloops in China, and was pleasantly surprised--they were a lot of fun (if a bit freaky). Still, the whole Magic Springs power-outage incident was in the back of my mind while I was riding.

Looks like I may have to go to Magic Springs this Saturday after the Texas Giant film shoot to get my X-coaster credit. I may have to skip the Titan film shoot on Sunday morning.

That was a fun little road trip on Saturday and we didn't even miss the Titan shoot.

5.5 hours each way? That's a day trip for a couple of Texans, no problem!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like X Coaster has another year at Magic Springs!

(2/27/13) Magic Springs has announced the new attraction coming to the water park will be called “Splash Island”, a large water sprayground structure with the obligatory giant-bucket that rains chaos down on everyone every 10 minutes. Splash Island will be 4-stories tall and feature 10 colorful waterslides to try out, along with hundrededs of other water effects and features.

In another development, it was noticed that when the all new Magic Springs website launched the other day that X-Coaster was re-listed as a park attraction once again. One of our readers contacted the park about the status of X-Coaster and was told, “The decision to remove X has been delayed, so it will be a part of our attractions package in 2013!”

http://www.screamscape.com/html/magic_springs.htm

http://www.magicsprings.com/thrill-rides-xcoaster.php

^I find it so amusing that they're not moving it yet because they couldn't figure out how to take it apart. But it will be a fun bonus for those of us going to Magic Springs this year!

I agree. I am kind of happy that they plan on keeping it around for at least another year and be able to get the credit.

^I find it so amusing that they're not moving it yet because they couldn't figure out how to take it apart. But it will be a fun bonus for those of us going to Magic Springs this year!

I'm guessing they just didn't find a buyer yet...and didn't like the price they would get for scrap.

I'm guessing they just didn't find a buyer yet...and didn't like the price they would get for scrap.

Although Elitch Gardens is managed by Herschend the owners also own Magic Springs which is not managed by Herschend.

They could not take it apart because parts of it were welded and not bolted. I don't think the newer owners knew that and we'll see what they do after this year.

• 6 months later...

Not only did Magic Springs play fantastic hosts during our recent tour, but we were also allowed to come in and film on quite a few of their coasters.

The Arkansas Twister ended up being one of only three remaining adult-sized woodies in the USA I hadn't been on yet, and it was kind of fun getting to film the coaster to share with some of my new Florida neighbors who grew up with the ride at Boardwalk & Baseball/Circus World.

Check it out here:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Arkansas Twister was a bit...weird. It was rough in the places it should be smooth and smooth in the places it should be rough. It would be smooth at the bottom of the drops, but then get all shaky when you would go over the hill. That said, it was pretty fun and I'm sad I only got the one ride in on it.

Also, the ride op there was insane. Or on drugs. Or both.

I have some fond memories of that ride as The Hurricane. The ride had a tunnel at the bottom of the drop when it was at B&B which added a nice touch to the experience. I hope someday I get a chance to visit my old friend from a bygone time. Great memories and great rides at a lost treasure of a park Boardwalk and Baseball. Glad this gem of a coaster lives on even though its former home doesn't.

^^Out of curiosity, what are the other two?

I think the only two "adult sized" woodies I've never made it to in the US is the one at Camden and the one in Seattle. No other real reason than I just haven't had any interest in getting to them, and figure one day, if I'm in the area, we'll ride...