TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

I believe for the majority of People the Pre-shows will be worth it as they will see it once or twice a year. But I think local fans could get bored with this ride pretty fast thanks to the Pre-Shows. I hope these shows don't get on my own nerves fast as the ride looks good for more rides per day then just one, not that I will end up like Villa Volta (parks madhouse) that I avoid for having 2 Pre-shows that come out of my nose. What will help is the english part could get some variation by following that once in a while and ignore the Dutch talking.

construction update 20-06-2015

I thought the theming on Baron was amazing until I saw a rogue apostrophe in the word Pizzas

It's correctly written in Dutch. In Dutch we write it as Pizza's intead of Pizzas. It might be confusing because of the word shakes but in Dutch we don't have an own translation for milkshakes and shakes.

With only one week before opening it's time for the last details. However, they still do some changes.

The trains got their last details.

recruitment poster.

Poster at the food corner.

Single riders explanation.

In Dutch, English, German and French.

Safety info.

Selfie sticks are not allowed.

New sign at the exit.

Lockersdepot

New detail on top of the lifthill.

They have decided to change the fencing in front of the entrance.

Before:

Source: Eftelist 04-06-15

Today:

The lower fences give a better view of the entrance.

Source: plaetjesmakers.nl

And an Efteling Village Bosrijk expansion update.

New Map, I've marked the expansion in blue.

New houses for up to 12 or 24 people

And the new villages.

Source: vijfzintuigen.nl/forum

Music outside the attraction: (Drums etc at 2:00) and at 6:20 the wheels are synchronised with the train. (And stopping/reversing)

And the music from the making off:

Also for the funfacts:

This is the Baron of Bassie and Adriaan, wich is the voice actor of the Baron in Baron 1898.

(Dont know how to embed this one )

Oh my! This is gorgeous! I would love it if those levers at the front of the station actually served a purpose (such as opening the gates or being the secondary dispatch button). Efteling have been so obsessive over the details on this ride that I wouldn't put it past them

^ You bet it is:

Oh amazing! You've made me happy but also feel quite silly in just four words Thanks for reposting those, sorry I missed them on previous pages I genuinely had no idea Efteling had done this, but did wonder just by where the lever was positioned in the train.

I can't wait to be dispatched and yell "Wrong lever, Kronk".

It seems that Efteling wasn't happy with the color of that lever, though. They repainted it:

Pic from Beeld Werkt)

I like how they still bother and don't act like "Meh, whatever. Will do better next time".

I don't think this thing will crack anyone's top 10 but it looks like a lot of fun and should be a great addition to the park.

Exactly, the park has upped the thrill factor the past few years with Baron 1898 and Joris en Draak, yet still retains its character and brings in the huge crowds.

The level of detail here is extraordinaire. Everything from the trains, to that cool dispatch lever, to the landscaping around it. The only thing that the ride lacks is a splashdown element, but all of the other theming makes up for it.

It also seems like B&M is trying some new technical features. Instead of a double chain system for the holding brake, it uses the same chain as the lift. This may make the ride cheaper as only one motor is needed. Also, the brakes are not the traditional permanent magnets that B&M uses. Now they have used the retractable metal fins that Intamin uses on accelerator coasters. So the magnets are on the trains instead of the track.