TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "GP" of Theme Parks Facebook Thread!

On CGA's Facebook:

I didn't like that my brother in law spent over 300 dollars for entering your Park yesterday and didn't get to stay for the Halloween Haunt...you need to clarify that the Halloween is an extra cost

Oh, I'm sorry you FAILED TO READ the Haunt advertisements that note that Haunt's a separate ticketed event. Perhaps they should have done some research before making their plans, right?...oh, what a concept!

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the light of Dorney Park's freak snowstorm, their season ended early. In the long run, DP posted the following:

If you have unused tickets that were purchased on or after Monday, 10/24 for intended use this weekend please visit http://contact.dorneypark.com/ and submit your purchase information including order number and ticket numbers. Refund requests will be reviewed and responded to as a priority when the applicable staff return to the Park.

Of course, this couldn't happen without complaints such as this:

We purchased tickets last weekend before there was even any talk of snow. Are you telling me we can't get our money back?
refund requests reviewwd? How about u just just say refunds will b issued? No need to think about or 'review' it. Just issue the refund or at least a credit towards next year. Your PR people should of looked into this statement for posting it.
Never heard of a "no-snow check", but I will submit my request. I have been coming to Dorney Park for several years, and will not be back if this doesn't get resolved.

Then I have to step in of course saying:

I've never seen a park even consider issuing refunds due to inclement weather, so I would have to say that this is a generous consideration on the park's behalf. Most places wouldn't even bat an eye at this issue since tickets clearly state that there's no refunds due to poor weather conditions.

Only to get this:

Considering it hasn't snowed in my area in the month of Oct. since the year I was born (1979), I didn't see this one coming...just something to think about. Plus there was no mention of snow when I purchased my tickets. Yes, I did check the weather first, thank you.

and by the same person, this:

rain check noun 1.a ticket for future use given to spectators at an outdoor event, as a baseball game or concert, that has been postponed or interrupted by rain.

(no mention of snow here)

I guess they don't understand the term 'inclement weather' do they? They should be grateful that the park is even considering such acts.

^The funny thing is they never said there wasn't going to be any refunds. People just assumed that because it said review that most would be denied. The internet makes it to easy to make an ass of yourself and remain anonymous!

• 2 weeks later...

On a picture of the new Superman: Ultimate Flight coming to SFDK in 2012- (I made it more readable BTW)

It is interesting because its (Superman) the first of its own but i saw the virtual video of it and it looks like an exact replica of a ride six flags used to have called Zonga but the new ride looks really weird and oddly shaped i think i wont be riding it...

It's official, Superman will really be Zonga only completely different!

Edit- I found another picture only this is at Cedarpoint of some rehab there doing on dragster-

is the dragster being taken outtt?

Yeah, cedar point also taking out the 120 mph, 400+ ft coaster! What is the world coming to?!

I would like to state that I think this ride is a big mistake. The fine line between thrill ride and public safety has been pole vaulted over with this ride. This ride is just TOO crazy. It is a disaster waiting to happen. I think Kings Dominion will deeply regret ever having this ride put in their park.

From a photo Kings Dominion put on their Facebook about Windseeker.

I would like to state that I think this ride is a big mistake. The fine line between thrill ride and public safety has been pole vaulted over with this ride. This ride is just TOO crazy. It is a disaster waiting to happen. I think Kings Dominion will deeply regret ever having this ride put in their park.

From a photo Kings Dominion put on their Facebook about Windseeker.

Since the Windseeker and the flying water dummy is a rumor that spreads as fast as Dinosaurs Alive, I'm expecting it to eventually reach KD's and Carowinds' fan pages. I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by asimowalk

From TPR's Scorpion POV:

@themeparkreviewTPR This is coming from a person that has ridden this ride once and seen people ride it, like, 30 times, but it's really not a good ride. You have no shoulder supports even though it flips, it breaks down every five seconds, and it's not that fun. And it's really short. I'd recommend going on one of the other rides, because those are awesome. This one is not.

Seriously? Lap bar for one loop is a problem?

From TPR's Scorpion POV:

@themeparkreviewTPR This is coming from a person that has ridden this ride once and seen people ride it, like, 30 times, but it's really not a good ride. You have no shoulder supports even though it flips, it breaks down every five seconds, and it's not that fun. And it's really short. I'd recommend going on one of the other rides, because those are awesome. This one is not.

Seriously? Lap bar for one loop is a problem?

Oh please, PLEASE have Robb see that. His reaction will be priceless for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

From Valleyfair's Facebook:

Hi: my name is Kristina i now i am the type of person that likes to go to valley fair if i get the gold member card if i had money left over before the next year come and i renew it will that money get transfer to the other card or how dose that work scent i am thinking about getting me a gold member card from you guys at valley fair thanks