TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "GP" of Theme Parks Facebook Thread!

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one comes from Canada's Wonderland's facebook, by the same guy who's comments I posted earlier.

k and superman escape from krypton was built in 1997 and is 415ft and I saw commercials for kingda ka and it said 428ft and Green latern ride at six flags Great adventure is a old coaster originaly called chang at the now closed six flags kentucky kingdom and Titian at six flags over texas is a giga coaster bulit in 2001 and nirto a giga at six flags great adventure was built in 2001 at a hight of 301ft and golith at six flags magic mountain was the first to reach 300ft built in 2000 mulliem force is a giga coaster also like golith at six flags magic mountain took that record in 2000 and yes Colin La rongde does have 2 inverted coasters 1 is by B&M and the other by Vokoma

After reading that quote about 5 times now, it still boggles my mind...

From Six Flags Great Americas Facebook.

To be honest you guys should Keep Iron Wolf and lose The X Factor ride. People love old rides better. It would be like taking down American Eagle or Batman The Ride. I bet the X Factor ride is going to be stupid. You guys wii thank me and will want to put back Iron Wolf. Just like Shockwave. Now it is Deja Vu and Vertical Velocity. You guys should also put back Shockwave and lose Deja Vu and Vertical Velocity. That is what I think that Six Flags Great Ameroca should do and lose the new rides. You guys will have more crowds of people for bringing back the old rides trust me on this. The new rides are not worth it and I really don't care for the new ones. Original is better then new.

First off, I'm very much looking forward to Simon Cowell calling me a talent-less idiot on X Factor, and second, I get that he wants old rides to come back, and posts like those aren't necessarily stupid as they're just opinions, but to say all the rides should leave and bring back old, unpopular ones is a bit extreme.

To be honest you guys should Keep Iron Wolf and lose The X Factor ride. People love old rides better. It would be like taking down American Eagle or Batman The Ride. I bet the X Factor ride is going to be stupid. You guys wii thank me and will want to put back Iron Wolf. Just like Shockwave. Now it is Deja Vu and Vertical Velocity. You guys should also put back Shockwave and lose Deja Vu and Vertical Velocity. That is what I think that Six Flags Great Ameroca should do and lose the new rides. You guys will have more crowds of people for bringing back the old rides trust me on this. The new rides are not worth it and I really don't care for the new ones. Original is better then new.

^FTW

^FTW

The X Factor, eh? I had no idea Six Flags is starting to once again buy the rights to produce new attractions themed to pop culture icons.

From Six Flags Great Americas Facebook.

First off, I'm very much looking forward to Simon Cowell calling me a talent-less idiot on X Factor, and second, I get that he wants old rides to come back, and posts like those aren't necessarily stupid as they're just opinions, but to say all the rides should leave and bring back old, unpopular ones is a bit extreme.

Yes we WII thank him.

It seems like some of these people just do this to be annoying/ "funny". Kind of like if you play Xbox live and someone is singing into the headset or talking in a high-pitched, squeaky voice. I'm sure it's hard for some of the parks to decide if the person is being serious and just doesn't know much about the park or if they are messing around. I think that's why a lot of these comments haven't been taken down and why people continue to do this. It's too bad that there isn't some sort of filter to automatically delete comments with excessive misspellings.

Like usual, there's more posts of Six Flags Magic Mountain's Facebook page asking why they will be removing Deja Vu. However, when they are answered, some are still clueless. Just check out this conversation:

Some "GP" asks:

Why are you shutting down Deja Vu ?? and what will be put in its place ??

Two theme park junkies reply:

It's going to Six Flags New England and being renamed Goliath.
Nothing is replacing it next year

The same "GP" responds with:

So theres gonna be 2 rides named Goliath ??

*double facepalm*

• 2 weeks later...

The Orange Country Registers posts a fantastic video that talks about how Disney built the mountain range for Carsland, check that and a fantastic article out too!

Article-(http://www.ocregister.com/articles/mountain-322993-cars-disney.html)

Video-(http://www.ocregister.com/articles/mountain-322993-cars-disney.html?videos)

But of course some GP idiot has to ruin it by posting a comment (apparently commenting on the OC registers website is done through FB) that says-

This not smart. First off you have the "Cars" ride in the other park. CA Adventure needs attraction that kids want to see. Bring some princesses over with more rides like the Ariel ride AND put the Marvel comic characters (that you just purchased) and rides in there.

I couldn't pass this one up to reply to ignorance like that.

Steve Morford,

Seriously? What Cars ride is in the other park? If you think this autopia where kids drive their own car, you would be completely WRONG! This is a 12 acre ride where 6 guests will hop inside a full size "CAR" and travel through Radiator Springs (inside a show-building) then the cars will split of onto to one of two tracks and "Race" around the exterior of the mountain.(The ride system is the same as this ride in Florida-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0m1ZvCYkT0) Cars merchandise alone has made over 1 billion dollars in sales, so I think people (especially the kids) want to see it. Carsland will also feature two other rides that guests can enjoy and a full scale recreation of the town "Radiator Springs" that guest will be able to explore. Disney is spending upwards of $500 million dollars on this project alone and they've been running the worlds most visited theme parks for over 59 years, I'm sure they know what they are doing.

Edited by The SETGO Guys