TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Happiness Pie" Thread

DATman

^ Add to that, the house is all paid for, so we only have taxes (bleah) to deal with, and we're still on good medical and dental plans,

so although the traveling will be down (way down) from what it used to be (every year to every few years now), it's still good.

HA! So my deduction is (part of) your increase! You're welcome!

Happy Belated Birthday, Bill!

my Bday was yesterday (as you know), and the gift from my Hubby is now my favorite stupid thing I own:

the KISS: Time to Rock wall clock from the Bradford Exchange.

it not only lights up on the hour

it not only plays the entire 1st verse (and refrain) of "Rock and Roll All Night" on the hour.

but Gene's tongue comes out and stays out for the whole song-- on the hour.

it's awesomely stupid, and I love it (and I'm sure he paid way too much for it, as it's an official band merch).

IMG_3703.thumb.JPG.bbf74fcf9f3259017e9cae05dad3204d.JPG

IMG_3705.thumb.JPG.8f07923f5273d09b104fe77525f15134.JPG

IMG_3706.thumb.JPG.c744ba237b6780f670d033b98d7f45f2.JPG

^ Add to that, the house is all paid for, so we only have taxes (bleah) to deal with, and we're still on good medical and dental plans,

so although the traveling will be down (way down) from what it used to be (every year to every few years now), it's still good.

HA! So my deduction is (part of) your increase! You're welcome!

Oh I guess I had read that all wrong, was thinking you were getting a raise. Oh well, I guess if you were expecting less and you got more than you were expecting, that's a raise of sorts.

Happy belated birthdays to Bert and Bill and congrats to you Andy on your promotion!

Michael surprised me and bought me tickets to see Bruce Hornsby at Artpark and tickets to see Beck at the Albright Knox art museum in Buffalo this summer...isn't he awesome?

^ I love it when the huz gives me something out of the blue, no "special date" attached to it.

We usually give each other $$$$ dinners out. Safer to pick, and it's a win-win for the both of us, heh.

And yes, Michael is VERY AWESOME to give that to you. Something(s) to definitely look forward to this summer!

PLW29.JPG.d41bb4b91bb3bf512874ec9bff86b745.JPG

...and I tried a new scratch ticket... and won $10 on my first one! (a $3 ticket)

• 2 weeks later...

David and Liz worked on her fence side (of our three in back) to reinforce all the slats, some of which have rotted at the base,

and slowly separated from the fence frame, itself. Looks great. Now all we have to do is convince our other neighbour,

that his one section is practically falling apart all over it! But I am sure he already can see that, lol. Hopefully, him and David

can work on that side and then the backyard is pretty much reinforced again!

IMG_6351.JPG.8de51867bfb018fae07dcf9fb07c5812.JPG

Liz' fence side, with the bottom rot causing all heck. We've fixed it for now, hopefully for all eternity, heh. (o;

I got the offer letter for a new job in the mail! --

20% raise AND only 35 hours of work a week since we get paid 1hr lunches every day! -- also: Monday-Fri business hours so I can continue to make weekend coaster trips with my fiancee! Yay yay yay

I got the offer letter for a new job in the mail! --

20% raise AND only 35 hours of work a week since we get paid 1hr lunches every day! -- also: Monday-Fri business hours so I can continue to make weekend coaster trips with my fiancee! Yay yay yay

Sweet! Sounds like a great gig.

^ Have a great vacation!

I won a little instant money yesterday. Not a lot, but still better than nothing.

And then there was the nightly draw, so I'll have to check on that, soon.

PLW31.JPG.8d4b84abaf439749b5b9ed3764344a11.JPG

Each "hand" gave me something! (o:

• 2 weeks later...

I had my $20 seat upgraded for FREE at the Poison with Cheap Trick and Popevil concert I went tonight. Plus, it was looking like a bad storm was going to cancel the show but ended up giving us a nice breeze to rock out!

3AF5FA4C-724A-418D-A4A3-38CC7528D1A2.thumb.jpeg.7e75e8a5e54389a6a0b34e46f45f1972.jpeg

I planned on keeping my 2015 Subaru WRX-STI for 5-6 years. That was before it had an unheard of suspension and steering issue which I battled with for the last year and a half. I loved Subaru and we purchased three new, since 2013. I planned on being a customer for life until this issue happened. I swore off the brand forever.... then, they offered me $4,000 toward a new car before negotiations. Looks like I'm going to be back in my all time favorite car in the world. She'll also be the first one that we're driving off the lot completely paid for!!!

It's a car built for that track, which can also be driven daily. I have a fetish for driving cars like a grandpa that are made for driving extremely fast. I'm like the old guy who buys a Corvette and drives 5mph under the speed limit.

iSTqvUV.jpg

lA1B2mJ.jpg

^ Very nice. Hope you enjoy it like your past cars. Except that last one, lol.

I'm about to go for my monthly French dinner at a marvelous around-the-corner spot,

that needs reservations at least a month in advance (which is big for this city), with

a changing menu of 3 starters, 3 main courses, and 3 desserts. I usually go for the

Starter + Main, skip dessert (and the creme brulee, omg) and have an Absinthe Cocktail.

Yummy for dessert, lol. http://absinthebistro.wixsite.com/absinthe

(btw, I'll be having the Braised Pork Rillette, followed by the Duck Confit,

my very first main course there, on our first visit to the restaurant!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey! Just heard on the radio, although it was originally announced that "the green stuff" would be legal by Canada Day (this July 1),

The Prime Minister just announced that Wednesday, October 17th will be The Day of Legalization. This is apparently, to

allow the Provinces to get their act together about sales, no-nos, etc.

Hey. A few months' delay is a-okay by me.

HappyCanadaDay01.jpg.8aa5643da9e9873336e8d782f0a579a4.jpg