TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Happiness Pie" Thread

DATman

• 3 weeks later...

My wife!!!!

On June 17 at 5:15am my wife had a massive seizure, MRI and Catscans revealed a 60-65mm growth in her frontal lobe. Upon closer inspections of the MRI, 2 additional growths were found; a 6mm on her parietal lobe and a 4mm on the boundary of her parietal and frontal lobes but on different planes. She had endured an 11.5 hour surgery on Friday June 22 and has recovered from that with NO cognitive deficiencies. Pathology has been received back and we are happy to hear it was a benign meningioma more than likely due to her past childhood history of leukemia. Now it's a waiting game to see if the other 2 growths grow or not, but treatment is yet to be determine due to the childhood leukemia's treatment of radiation. She may be passed her threshold of cranial radiation, so it may not be an option.

Even though a lot of things went wrong, things lined up just right for everthing to come out with her having no complitcations. Heck, i wasn't even going t be home since I was out with my 6 year old coastering in CT and was about to head to MA, but decided against it last minute and got home that night around 10:30. truly blessed to still have her here with us. Surgeon said he walked a fine line with a major artery above the tumor and a vein below it.

already was on cloud 9 about our tickets to the 11/2 Simple Minds show (an evening with Simple Minds. . two full sets, with break between). . .

but just this morning, got my ticket (before it sold out) for the 10/25 PiL "PiL is Rotten, 40th anniversary tour"

so I'm in Nostalgia Alternative music heaven today.

:lover: My wife!!!!

On June 17 at 5:15am my wife had a massive seizure, MRI and Catscans revealed a 60-65mm growth in her frontal lobe. Upon closer inspections of the MRI, 2 additional growths were found; a 6mm on her parietal lobe and a 4mm on the boundary of her parietal and frontal lobes but on different planes. She had endured an 11.5 hour surgery on Friday June 22 and has recovered from that with NO cognitive deficiencies. Pathology has been received back and we are happy to hear it was a benign meningioma more than likely due to her past childhood history of leukemia. Now it's a waiting game to see if the other 2 growths grow or not, but treatment is yet to be determine due to the childhood leukemia's treatment of radiation. She may be passed her threshold of cranial radiation, so it may not be an option.

Even though a lot of things went wrong, things lined up just right for everthing to come out with her having no complitcations. Heck, i wasn't even going t be home since I was out with my 6 year old coastering in CT and was about to head to MA, but decided against it last minute and got home that night around 10:30. truly blessed to still have her here with us. Surgeon said he walked a fine line with a major artery above the tumor and a vein below it.

We were following your closely while in Japan and I'm just so happy for the good news! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

It's really cool to know, that our Pride Week, ends around the early part of August, then

segues into our Queer Film Festival... which then dovetails our annual PNE!

It's a perfect end of the summer, here in Vancouver!

• 2 weeks later...

Happy and a bit freeked out.

I just put a room on reserve, Knott's Berry Farm Hotel, for our visit..... in September 2019!

Yeah, yeah early too early.

The next big step is getting the train down and back, which is what we planned to do.

And once that's done, it's just a bit more planning and "what tickets to buy", etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I the Broadway actress, Laura Benanti.

Gorgeous singing voice (revivals of Nine and She Loves Me), extremely FUNNY,

and now she has the President's Wife to put her mark on it (See: Stephen Colbert).

I would kill to see her perform live...anywhere! Doing/singing anything! I really do love this actor.

LauraBenantiStudio54-2013.jpg.86748f56554b8a6ccdd850f863f26b8c.jpg

Great LIVE cd recording!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:55 pm...in the Rant Thread:

Our cat caught a baby mouse, I got it away from her, but the only thing I/we

can do right now, is keep it safe from Stella, and let it pass away in peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *

EDIT!!! Mousie's still alive!!! I got some soy milk powder to whip up a bit of

nourishment for it, and hope it gets better from today, on. Then, hopefully,

when it's strong enough etc. we'll release it far away from Stella's....nose/eyes.

^As much as I love cats, they are absolutely brutal when it comes to playing with/torturing small animals. I remember one of my parents cats catching a live mouse, she carried it out to the middle of the lawn so that there would be no bushes nearby the mouse could hide in, and then she played with it by repeatedly throwing it a good 5-7 feet in the air multiple times. That mouse was in for one hell of a ride before the cat finally decided to kill it off.

^ I agree. And it's time now, as Stella somehow managed to open the closed door of the room we had the little guy in,

and get it and take it outside and....... I dread what happened after that. But it's gone and there's nothing we could do about it.

Since this is Happiness Pie, we only hope mousie got to a better place in it's little short life.

In the last few weeks, our cat Stella has started to respond to the word "TUNA",

if I call it out, to get her inside for a treat.

And she knows exactly what it means too, LOL! Whatta cat.

• 2 weeks later...

YAY!

I finally reached my Challenge Goal of 65 rides on Coaster at Playland, today!

Originally, and after I turned 65 at the end of March, I thought about marathoning

Coaster for 65 times in one day...HAH! Not likely, I found out...

For one thing, Coaster was still down for maintenance when the Season started,

back in May. And it didn't get up and running until the end of June. So I had to

re-think this little Challenge of mine. So, I decided just to try and ride Coaster

65 times before the 2018 Season ended.

Which was today. I had 6 rides left, two of which I could get at whichever Fright Night

I attended, in October. But that was sort of "Past The Season." So today was the day

to get'em all done, and include the Fright Night rides (probably 2), eventually.

Not to worry today! As wet as it was, a lot of people showed up, knowing it was

Closing Day, so no problem in re-filling the train each round. Hardly a wait to get

12 minimum in the coaster seats (their rules), compared to the weekend before.

Anyway, the Challenge was SUCCESSFUL, and I get to add a couple more in October.

YAY!

IMG_8221.JPG.0d0ee0921904804f3c52a600c30f55a6.JPG

The red train was running, today. My fave colour of the three trains, too! (o:

• 4 weeks later...