TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How did you end up here???

How did you get here?  

544 members have voted

1. 1. How did you get here?

• Google is my best friend! (post what you searched for!)
    • Found you from another site (which site?)
    • Was told by a friend (are they STILL your friend?) =)
    • I don't remember. I wandered aimlessly around the internet and landed here!
    • Other (tell your story and it BETTER be good!)

I foud you guys when I was scrching with google "COaster Gallery". Back when I didn't have a sense of humor, I hated yoursite. But when I finally got a sense of humor, I liked you site. I finally registered on may 7th and this is the only site I'm a member at.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember it like it was yesterday! I was on an Austrailian walkabout somewhere in the outback. An Aboriginal Shaman asked me if I wanted to experience a spirit walk. Having never tried any hallucinogens before, I said sure. He then puored me a cup of tea and began his ritual. As he was babbleing some stupid mumbo jumbo about Sweedish Lesbians, I was over taken by the presence of a cherub. The cherub took my hand and lead me throught the cosmos. He showed me the moon and stars. All the planets lined up in a row. I was overcome with love and appreciation of our world and cosmos. It told me that I must do something to help save the planet. I must give back what I have taken from it. The cherub then laid me down on the comfort of the warm clay soil and bid me farewell. I awoke several hours later feeling dejected and confused. I spent the rest of my walkabout pondering the vision I had earlier in my trip. For two weeks I labored on this vision. Nothing! I could make nothing of it. Feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders I returned to southern California.

Two weeks later I went to Winter Coaster Solace and heard a couple of guys talking about Theme Park Review. So I checked it out.

I believe i found TPR on... RCPro. I'm not sure, but i think it's that. That was for the "Tatsu Construction Tour" video. And after seeing that, I decided to stay here. And now, I'm a TPR and RCPro member, and I like both sites (Yes, it is possible!).

From Coasterforce! I am glad I found this site, the videos and trip reports are awesome!

I am used to being on a forum with mainly English people. So its great to come here and hear different opinions from US members!

I put google. I was bored so I was looking for roller coaster videos. So I found this site and saw something at the bottom of the BGW that had videos of the roller coasters. But it said I had to be a member to watch them so I ended up here. I have to say this board is better then the Ultimaterollercoaster forums becaus the people there were jerks and the forums were boring with no color or a place to show pics or videos. This place makes me happy because it keeps me entertained and everyone here is friendly. Best Forums ever!

I was searching for Paramount Canada's Wonderland on google. I found the PTR for it and was hooked by the sense of humor. I looked at other trip reports and watched some of the videos, was further hooked by the humor of the Parque Espana video. I'm not sure what finally made me register on the boards, but boy am I glad I did!

The two things that stood out to me about this site at first was 1. sense of humor and 2. Elissa is A CHICK!! OMG! A female coaster enthusiast? Maybe I'm NOT as much of a freak as I thought I was!

From the glowing reviews on RRC of course!

Seriously, I've known Robb forever and Elissa almost as long and finally am making time to post here. As with most of the things and people I love in my life, I gotta stop worrying about having time, I have to make time.

Todd

I know I don't post much, and I'm not 100% sure when I found this site. However I do remember Robb (and Elissa) from RRC. Also going back several years, I do recall that there would occasionally be informal chats setup on AIM, I joined several of those as well.