TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Park Index and Firefox - Please read!

Hey FIREFOX USERS!

As you know we are doing some testing with the new version of the park index. There is one issue that I need to get some feedback for our developer on. It's specifically with Firefox browsers.

Please click on this link:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/

I need to know how long it takes for the entire page to load, like all the way to down the letter Z, and does it seem to load slower than you would expect, or about right?

Also, if it is loading slow for you in Firefox, can you test it in another browser and tell me if it loads faster?

That's it! Thank you!

--Robb

---------------

EDIT

This is all helpful, but I need to know how long it takes for the entire page to load, like all the way to down the letter Z, and does it seem to load slower than you would expect, or about right?

I think some of you might have just clicked the link, and seen it appear on the screen, and thought it loaded quickly, but did you scroll down to the bottom to see how long it took to load up to the letter Z parks?

If you didn't do this, could you please go edit your post to reflect how long it took for the ENTIRE page?

Thank you!

--Robb

---------------

EDIT

PLEASE! FIREFOX USERS ONLY!!!!

If it is loading slow for you in Firefox, please try another browser and tell me if it loads quicker. I ***ONLY*** need other browser information as a comparison if you're using Firefox and it loads slow for you.

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My primary browser is Firefox, so that's the one I tested first. The page seemed to be loading line by line. It took about 40 seconds for the status bar to finally read "Done". I load the page in Chrome in about 18 seconds, all as one page and just needs to load the ratings images. I got about the same 18 seconds result with Internet Explorer 8. My internet is generally pretty slow, but there shouldn't be that big of a gap depending on which browser I use.

Took around 20 seconds to load in Firefox, with an 20 mb/s connection. When loaded a second time, everything pops up pretty fast. Except for the Disney Add at the right side of the screen. That one takes, again, around 20 seconds to load for me

Other browsers:

Chrome: 5 seconds, add 8 seconds

Opera: 7 seconds with add (no difference between add and the rest)

IE 9 (beta): 6 seconds with add

Safari: 5 Seconds, add 9 seconds

Very bad news here for Firefox - 2 minutes 50 seconds to load right down to the Zs, updating line-by-line.

However, on Internet Explorer on the same machine, the page loads all in one go in 23 seconds.

On my iPod touch (using the same internet connection), the page loads all in one go in 25 seconds.

I promise I'm on broadband, not on a dial-up modem!

With firefox, it loaded slightly slower than the rest of TPR pages. But maybe 3-5 seconds slower. I'm on my mom's computer which is windows 7, with firefox 3.6.13 as my browser.

I loaded it in IE 8.0 and there was maybe a second difference between the two, but if you weren't looking out for load speeds, one would say they loaded at the same time.

The only difference I notice is that the text on the ad in IE is centered correctly, while in Firefox the text is down just a little bit off the white box.

Loading park pages, clicking both the same park in IE and Firefox, they loaded at the same time.

Using the most recent firefox and it loaded instantly(no sooner I tabbed over the page was done loading. Btw the new park index is amazing and looks great.

Using Firefox was actually quicker for me than IE8 and Opera. Using IE8 it took forever and the page was offset.

Edited by CoasterWeasel

This is all helpful, but I need to know how long it takes for the entire page to load, like all the way to down the letter Z, and does it seem to load slower than you would expect, or about right?

I think some of you might have just clicked the link, and seen it appear on the screen, and thought it loaded quickly, but did you scroll down to the bottom to see how long it took to load up to the letter Z parks?

If you didn't do this, could you please go edit your post to reflect how long it took for the ENTIRE page?

Thank you!

--Robb