TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "I just did this in a Theme Park" Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've made ridiculously silly faces on various rides before (I didn't do it, but I saw some kid flash the camera). I've ridden the Solar Flare at Galaxyland ten times in about an hour and a half. Hm ... in Disney World I've ridden Expedition Everest over and over again for about three hours straight--that was in the extra magic hours. I don't know how many times I rode it, though. Next time I go to Calaway Park I plan to ride the Vortex, and only the Vortex, the whole day.

A couple visits ago to CGA, I got the joys of being a teenager with the annoying dribble the ball and lose control of it after winning my knobby ball from the claw machine. Atleast the knobby ball was quieter and I did it in an area where there wasn't a lot of foot traffic.

• 5 months later...

I was in line for bizarro and I was next to this woman screaming at her kids and she was being really scary and rude and then suddenly she slapped one so my friend and I said very loudly "Excuse me but everyone just saw that. You are pathetic." and everyone started clapping, and the woman turned red and was quiet for the rest of the line.

Felt proud of myself

Rode the Miner Mike at Celebration Station in Tampa.

Me: "I'd like one ride ticket please"

Girl at Ticket Counter: "For the Go-Carts?"

Me: "Uhhh, not.exactly"

Girl at Ticket Counter: "Ah, for the coaster, no problem, 2.50 please"

I am so thankful that I got that credit as a kid. I know some people in my class that work there, and it would be pretty embarrassing to have to make a credit run on that.

Haven't been to Celebration Station in years though! Is it still run down?

Last September 11th my friend and I went to Elitch Gardens. We were in line for the Tower of Doom and she said rather loudly "Wouldn't it be ironic if the Tower of Doom caught fire?"(It's painted with fire at the base) and she got a bunch of strange looks and comments insinuating that she was a terrorist. Then we took a picture with her terrorist face:

rsz_dscn1254.jpg

Hehe, looks similar to this in a way:

At SFDK, Fright Fest 2010 was so cold and rainy, I was wearing three shirts and a jacket, and I had to purchase a forth just to keep warm!

That same, day, I decided to take a ride on Kong at night. Well, there was one train running, which led to an hour wait. To add to that, I rode in the back. So, to recap, I waited an hour to ride in the backseat of an SLC when it was probably around 40 degrees. I thought I would be beaten senseless, but I actually enjoyed the ride! It may have been due to the fact that my ears were so numb I couldn't feel anything. However, the main reason is probably that it is hard not to enjoy a ride after you have waited in the slowest moving line in the world.

Now, I can barely stand riding it in the front on a normal day!

Also, for Fright Fest 2011, I almost waited in Medusa's 2 1/2 hour line (line was all the way back to Sky Screamer's entrance). But, I decided to buy a Flashpass instead.

This summer I was in a situation at Darien Lake I will never forget. I was about to enter the station for Motocoaster when the girl in front of me tripped and fell head first into railing in the station. She rolled over and had a huge cut across her forehead and began severely bleeding. The crew couldn't touch her because of fear of blood born pathogens but I offered my towel out of by backpack and her friend pressed it to her forehead. It then took medical probably five minutes to get to her, but it felt like longer. I was just surprised that they didn't have gloves or proper medical equipment at the station in case of emergency.

The best thing I've done at a theme park is paid about the equivalent of $20 US for a "VIP" wristband at Six Flags Mexico. By doing so I got to walk past everyone in the full queue for Superman (about a 2 hour wait) and go right into the station. We got a ton of weird stares from everyone in line as well as some comments that I couldn't understand. Did the same for most of the other coasters as well.

During my time on the College program, I spent a lot of time in the parks, but one day I tried to hit a roller coaster in every park. I started at Universal....

HRRR and Mummy-UO

Hulk-IoA

Manta and Kraken-SW

BTMR-MK

Expedition Everest-DAK (At this point it started to rain/lightning and I was the last train out)

Rock N' Roller coaster-DHS

I did not make it anywhere after this (to celebration or to Epcot) But I had a great time, unfortunately I had no riding buddies for this wonderful excursion, but it was a blast.

Some Highlights of this season

-we rode Voyage 5 times in a row from the front seat in the rain... maybe that isnt a high point...

-Rode Batman the Ride, at Six Flags St Louis, 35 times in a row on a slow day.

-Went to Kings Island, Started the day riding the Beast, ended the day riding Millennium Force. Im not getting my rides mixed up.

One time I sang "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" during the whole ride on Medusa at SFDK. My brother and I have made it a tradition to try to sing that song during different rides like the Kamikaze at the fair, the Zipper at the fair, various flat rides at parks, and a few coasters.

It all started years ago when they let a boat of us on Whitewater Falls at SFDK go around several times in a row as long as we were singing that song. There was a line for a bit too but they kept their word until the line started getting too long for them to wait any longer.

Back in August me and some friends decided to be idiots and ride Mean Streak in the back car. Our ride-photo showed expressions of pain akin to those probably only seen previously by intensive care ward doctors. Needless to say, most of the train got a good laugh out of the picture when they saw it.

Similarly fun that week was our four ride end of the night marathon on Millenium Force that ended on the last train of the night and letting us off on the brakes.

Rode the Miner Mike at Celebration Station in Tampa.

Me: "I'd like one ride ticket please"

Girl at Ticket Counter: "For the Go-Carts?"

Me: "Uhhh, not.exactly"

Girl at Ticket Counter: "Ah, for the coaster, no problem, 2.50 please"

I am so thankful that I got that credit as a kid. I know some people in my class that work there, and it would be pretty embarrassing to have to make a credit run on that.

Haven't been to Celebration Station in years though! Is it still run down?

Very much so. No way I'd eat there.

In 2005, I rode the Beast (PKI) six times in a row (I loved that coaster, for some reason), then chugged a full 24 oz bottle of water in line for Italian Job. I threw up afterwards.

The year after, my cousin and I rode Congo Falls (also PKI) over 15 times in a row, without getting out of the boat.

When I went to Six Flags New England with my school a few weekends ago, I decided to go on the Tea Cups with my friend. While we were waiting for the ride, he commented that it looked kind of boring (the people on the ride weren't spinning the center hub). I jokingly said that I bet I could make him puke. He instantly said he challenged me. During the ride, I got the cup spinning super fast (the cups spin extremely well at SFNE ). Once we got off, he couldn't walk straight and went straight to a trash bucket.

I won

I went to Fiesta Texas with a church group one summer and we got there around lunch time. So once we enter the park we headed towards Pete's Eats so we can eat and then ride Scream after, and once we entered the restaurant I puked all over in the middle of the restaurant .

• 2 weeks later...

After riding, Anaconda, Shockwave, Ricochet, and Hurler in a row at Kings Dominion, I felt sicker than a Cancer patient. I wanted to go to the bathroom (to vomit) but my sister wanted to go inside the RockShop, across from Hurler. I was about to sit down to keep myself from vomiting, but then I puked. All over the floor! I was so embarrassed, everyone was looking at me like, "WTF!?". Yeah, that experience ruined my day at KD.

Was at Thorpe Park many years ago when I was probably 14 yrs-ish on a school trip, did such an epic run of coaster after coaster, forgot to eat and got sunstroke as it was of the very few days we got sun that year... ended up throwing up all over myself infront of the girl I fancied at the time, this being said I did get to buy a cool Thorpe Park shirt for £20 though and got a sympathy hug on the coach home...

I did go on Splash Battle at Alton Towers in early march one year... just because it was the only ride with no queue...

I also whent on the Grand National 20 times in a row at BPB.

Me and a friend started dancing to the music playing while waiting for G-Force at Drayton manor and everyone started joining in at the end!