TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Inventions or Ideas that people came up with that SUCK!

BelizeIt

For me it's Speed Bumps!

I wish a Slow Death to the individual who came up with this idea.

For those of us who have Low Profile Suspensions on our cars, there isn't a greater annoyance.

When you go over a Speed Bump to fast and hear that dreaded scraping sound! It's like finger nails on a chalkboard!

You'll even see people a Big Ass SUV's going around them if they have the chance!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop signs... they prevent collisions, who needs that?

Speed bumps are there to keeps cars from going fast, and they do that well.

Low profile suspension may look your car look cool, or be good when racing, but for driving on the street it's useless.

I take it you dont live in an area with parking grages, or if you do, you must not park in them.

I was just in San Diego County, in the La Jolla area there are Ferrari dealerships and other sports car dealerships. I don't understand why someone would buy something like that in a area filled with speed bumps, parking garages, and awkward curbs. Where the hell would be able to take one?

Speed bumps are there to keeps cars from going fast, and they do that well.

My grandma has a 1982 Mercedes 300D Turbo Diesel that fears no speed bump, that car rides as high as some trucks, and cruises over speed bumps with ease.........love that thing!

As for crap I hate, the list is endless.......downright STUPID questions from guests has to top the list.

One thing I hate worse than anything (that we can all relate to since we've all seen at least one in a theme park bathroom) are the faucets that have a button, and water will only come out when you are pressing down the button. How in the hell do I wash my hands with these things? You have to wash one hand at a time, or wet one hand at a time, then lather both hands, the drip soap all over the counter as you rinse one hand at a time. Who on earth thought this was a good idea?

-Julie

When the '40 hour work week' was invented, why didn't they just make it a 30 hr week with the same weekly pay? I think somebody seriously slipped-up on that one.

AirBags. the idea of facing something that can blow up in your face bothers me. I wear glasses and have seen what airbags can do to people that wear them in low-speed crashes. My buddy went thru three facial surgeries because his glasses disentigrated by the airbag and had the shards/frame pieces etc pushed into his face.

While excellent for today's lazy world, it actually can be quite an annoyance. It would have to be the Automatic flushing toilet. Because it's motion sensitive, as soon as I lay down the toilet seat liner before...you know... the darn thing flushes it down and I actually have to pull out another one and it's a race against the sensor. I actually have to go out of my way to cover the sensor with TP, just so I don't have to deal with premature flushing.

When you go over a Speed Bump to fast and hear that dreaded scraping sound! It's like finger nails on a chalkboard!

Well, that's sort of the concept behind a speed bump. To deter people from driving too fast.

Ditto to whoever said the sinks where you have to keep holding down the button. I loathe those things.

I've always been pretty wary of airbags as well, since I've seen plenty of cases where the airbag injury is far worse than the accident injury would have been. Don't have them in my car, though, so no worries. I'll just smash my face into the steering wheel.