TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Don't know if anyone here shared it or not but this Saturday is Fun Spot's 19th birthday so they're running a pretty sweet special. $19 for single day passes and $19 for skycoaster tickets. The best part is that the special is available online and tickets don't expire until June 1st of 2018. $40 for an all day wristband and a skycoaster ticket is an awesome deal if anyone plans to check out Mineblower while in town anytime in the next year.

If you're buying online make sure you check out the details in the link below, the deal is only available from 12:01 am til 2 pm, so don't miss it.

Fun Spot 19th Birthday Special

19thBirthdayHeader-min.jpg

I didn't realize you could buy it online to use for a later time. Good to know. I've already set several reminder alarms so I don't forget. I have some family coming down to go to SeaWorld in September and they wanted to do Fun Spot so I let them know too. Win Win!

All these amazing pictures of Mine Blower just piss me off all the more that Mt. Olympus' Hades yearly maintenance budget is $10 and a bologna sandwich.

I have yet to experience Holiday World's Voyage, but I'm sure that some would say something similar. #Waiting4Timberliners #HWVoyage

All these amazing pictures of Mine Blower just piss me off all the more that Mt. Olympus' Hades yearly maintenance budget is $10 and a bologna sandwich.

I have yet to experience Holiday World's Voyage, but I'm sure that some would say something similar. #Waiting4Timberliners #HWVoyage

Don't worry, MB will suck in a few years too. Seems like all the Gravity coasters don't hold up.

Don't worry, MB will suck in a few years too. Seems like all the Gravity coasters don't hold up.

Um, yeah, other than Hades (because Mt. Olympus), I don't see a single coaster on this list that isn't great (going by reputation for the ones I haven't ridden personally).

Um, yeah, other than Hades (because Mt. Olympus), I don't see a single coaster on this list that isn't great (going by reputation for the ones I haven't ridden personally).

I've heard that Voyage is getting pretty bad.

^Fresh off Holiwood Nights last weekend, Voyage was running pretty darn good to me!

I really geeked out when I saw that "suspension bridge" support structure for the zero-g roll on Mine Blower. Seriously this coaster looks amazing.

I've heard that Voyage is getting pretty bad.

I rode Voyage just last week, and it's as awesome as always. Holiday World takes great care of their wooden coasters, and they hold up quite well. But don't take my word for it; go and ride for yourself!

At this point when bad engineering don't happen too often, the smoothness of wooden coasters almost always depends on maintenance. While GCI coasters stay smooth for a bit longer than Gravity Group coasters because of their track fabrication process, it all comes down to maintenance after a few years.