TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

My 76 gasoline card has a $1000 balance on it and got de-authorized, meaning that I can't use it.

Gas is expensive out here in California, but not that expensive. Methinks there are some questionable charges on there...

Eric

Drinking beer is pretty minor on the list of what some (not all) construction workers use on (or before) the job. It really is no suprise that I go out the jobsite and see stuff done wrong. What scares me is the person responsible for overseeing their work doesn't notice. It drives me bonkers becuase I'm not supposed to be out there inspecting stuff, but when stuff goes wrong, we'll be blamed.

I wish the teenage years could be perfect for everyone. I mean, right now my life is freakin awesome! But then, I know people who just are down and hate life. It makes me depressed and I want to help them, but I don't know anything about hating life because I never have.

---Brent

I haven't either. No matter what difficulties are going on in my life, the big picture is always great. I am very blessed and fortunate to have what I have, so life can never really be bad. Here's another thing......You and I have the joy of the Lord, but a whole lot of other people don't. Because of our beliefs, we can look at problems and troubles differently than others. While they are hating life, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. If you want to help them, but don't know how, just pray for them.

----Antonio

And I'm just ripping my hair out over what to tell my parents to get me for Christmas!

So it's either the iPod Nano 3rd Gen Video 8GB (Black, of course) for $189.00...

Or these items for about $200...

I just bought parts to a $1000 gaming PC, so my parents are limiting Santa's budget this year...

Then there's the $750 band trip in May, which lands us the day before I'm supposed to go to Confirmation...so yeah. Spend-happy this year.

^ Then you should beat 'em with a "Chav-Stick!"

Today's rant: People who take their anger about someone/thing else out on you. Just now, in fact, my wife is getting ready for a party and is in panic mode. So, after wrapping a gift, she brought the tape dispenser back into the office (where I am) and slammed it down, saying, "So you don't get all mad wondering where this went..."

I knew where it was all the time. WTF was that for?!?

Eric

I'm really tempted to sort of stand up to my physics lecture prof tomorrow. The class has been ridiculous. Aside from having a total of 4 profs for one class, the tests have been out of hand. For example, I had the material leading up to the first test down pat. I breezed through the challenging homework problems and breezed through all of the test prep problems. But then the test featured problems we had never even been given before. As in, there weren't any problems in the test prep/hw that remotely resembled these. The class average for that test was 49%!!! 49 freaking percent!! Thankfully they gave us an extra credit page to do to try and get some points back, though they had the tenacity to blame the poor scores on us!

The second test wasn't so bad, but the third that we just got back during the last class period was just like the first. Class average? 53%. They haven't said anything about extra credit or a curve. What professor (or department for that matter) is content with a class average of 53% on their tests? Half the problem lies in the fact that the lectures cover the elementary basics when this is a college course. The amount of material they teach would barely suffice in a high school physics class.

I just want to politely ask in class what they are going to do about the last test (e.c., curve, etc.) and if he says nothing, then just asking why they are content with having failing class averages on their tests. Seriously, this class (and university) is a joke and embarrassment to collegiate education.

Ok, I work at a grocery store called Stew Leonards. Look it up if you like...

www.stewleonards.com...anywho, customers SUCK. Since our policy is The Customer is ALWAYS right, we have obey by it. It sucks and I HATE customers. This lay wanted a wreath and basically made up her price cause she is a pooper. So i argued with her and I won....since I was right. But she said "isn't the customer always right?" I'm like yeah no sorry. Ok end of Rant.

I'm not really angry about this, but:

Algebra 2 is so hard. First of all, I've never had a knack for algebra. I find everything confusing. Especially factoring. And my teacher seems to thrive on giving us the most confusing problems on factoring possible. No matter how much I try, I can never get it. Hopefully I'll eventually be able to understand it.

So explain to me this.. I cant stay in my room and watch tv or be on my comp when my sister wants to go to bed.. but if it were the opposite she wouldn’t give a crap. Im sick and tired of being pushed around by her. She says that I’m inconsiderate because I want to watch tv or be on my comp when she wants to go to bed.. but she leaves her phone on all night and it damn well rings in the middle of the night and she picks up and has a conversation.. so now who’s the rude one.. I cant take it anymore I am really going to snap fully one day and its going to be soon!!

Ok, I work at a grocery store called Stew Leonards. Look it up if you like...

www.stewleonards.com...anywho, customers SUCK. Since our policy is The Customer is ALWAYS right, we have obey by it. It sucks and I HATE customers. This lay wanted a wreath and basically made up her price cause she is a pooper. So i argued with her and I won....since I was right. But she said "isn't the customer always right?" I'm like yeah no sorry. Ok end of Rant.

My rants about my p/t job are opposite. Of course my store caters to the richer side of town, but my only complaints about my job is call ins from employees and people who have two sacks and/or take thier cart all the way to the end of the lot and leave them there. Other than that, I love my job. Especially a few select customers I know by name. There is atleast 3 millionaires that shop at my job. One is the Chairman of the board of the Indy Motor Speedway. Another is a real estate developer and another is a person with oil wells. Then there is the normal customers also. We also have the same policy of Customers always right. Oh and a few tip well.

Looks like your job is a chain store, mine is a local store. www.baeslers.com

College applications are too long and too many B.S. essays. But on the plus note, I finally got all 4 of mine out the door. Hooray! On a bad note, the number 2 kid in my class is applying to 22 different schools ($2000 in application fees) just because he isn't sure he is going to get into a good college...now come on, that is just rediculous.

--David

This is a stupid one, but it bugs me nonetheless. It's when people refer to their cell phones as their "cell." How 'bout calling it your...PHONE?

Eric

This reminds me of many years ago when cell phones were really not very common, but a few people had them. I was in some chatroom, and eveytime someone on there got a call, she never said 'phone brb', she said 'I have a call on my cell phone, brb'. It just really got to me.

I hate store assistants in a bad mood. I'm not saying they have to be cheerful or anything, but this guy I had the displeasure of dealing with just looked at me like I was a piece of shit. Basically I bought a door frame pack from the hardware store, and 3 bits of the wood were no good. So I took them back to get 3 decent bits. The guy said I should've brought the whole pack bask, which is ok, but I didnt want to get another pack only to find 3 more bad bits. I didn't see the difference. Basically the store was going to end up with one opened, returned pack, and I was going to end up with one good pack. Maybe I should have taken the whole thing back but it pissed me off that he was so unhelpful and made such a fuss, gave a disgusting look, then did it anyway.

Health and Safety. What annoys me is that they're taking it to idiotic extremes such as tearing down all the trees at a local park because one person fell of one of them! Hell, you couldn't even breath without catching a virus. We have been going along fine without for thousands of years without H&S, let nature do its job!

Rant over.

This afternoon, one of my co-workers and I were sitting at the round table in our office checking some electrical wiring drawings. Making sure everything was correct required us to verbally call out connections to verify that what the drawings said was actually what was supposed to happen.

The PITA we work with came back from lunch, went to her cubicle (adjacent to where we were working), and turned on her music loud enough to nearly drown out our voices. James asked her if she would please turn it down and her response was, "Why don't you guys go work somewhere else?"

We're in somewhat of a transition, and my normal co-workers and I are all in agreement that when we move to the new facility, one of us---female and a real b**ch---won't be coming with us. This transition can't occur soon enough.

Eric

^Is she getting fired or just moved to a different department?

I would think working would trump loud music; most places require you to wear earphones as not to disturb others. Personally her radio would somehow get "broken" after she left for the day. Or somehow the electric cord got cut.

Anyway, I haven't had my car since yesterday morning. I took it in for repairs and they took their time to get parts. When they finally got them, they didn't fit and it was too late for me to call a rental place to get a car. So I was stranded at work and I live 22 miles from there. I was hot! I had to get a ride back to miami from my roommate. Anyway, they're gonna pay for a taxi for me to get back up to fort lauderdale to get my car and they're taking some of the labor off my car because i had to cancel plans for that night and i had to hear my roommate grumble about getting me... of course i read him for that since if he needed help i would do it without hesitation... that's what friends are for right?

Terry

I had a deal with my mate that I would ask out a girl if he did, and he did so I have to do it. I DONT WANT A FREAKING GF! grrr...

But he said he wouldnt give me any choices, so I have to do it. She is really good looking too so if she says no I am literally screwed.

I am so nervous! and annoyed!

Wish me luck people.