TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Ugh, the Secretions/Ashtray/Simpl3Jack/Carbonites show I was supposed to go to tonight got cancelled.

See, the original venue it was supposed to be at, the Fire Escape bar & grill, stopped having live music this week. So the show moved to a rather infamous venue called Casa de Chaos, which is in a secret location so that the police don't find it and try to shut it down again, since it's in a residential area, and apparently, some bad stuff has gone down there.

But someone blurted the address of the venue on the Facebook page for the event, and boom. No more punk show.

Yeah I don't really get why there are two news feeds now. :/

New rant: I just discovered that Blackpool renamed Roller Coaster "Nickelodeon Streak". WTF?!?!?!?!??!?! That's worse than Flight Deck. LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would've preferred "Streak-o-lodeon"?

No, screw *YOU* Forza 3, I did that race, you just decided to freeze during a freaking load screen. I spent TWO HOURS on that race, and for NOTHING you're telling me now?! Just...go die.

All I can do is cry for you lol. That is terrible. I can barely do an endurance race to begin with. Forza 4 better not freeze like FM3 did lol.

Yesterday while doing my daily run a bird flew into the side of my head. Today while running a walnut fell off a tree and hit me on the head. I either need to start wearing a helmet when I run or find a less dangerous form of exercise like base jumping or jumping out of a plane and snowboarding down a mountain.

This rant is directed to 2/9th's of the membership at my gym. When working out at the at the gym, do you really need to carry around an entire gallon sized jug of water? Can you really consume and entire gallon of water in your 45min-1.5 hour long workout? Wouldn't a normal sized bottle do the trick just fine or would that not draw enough attention to yourself?

Also you shouldn't be allowed to wear shirts without sleeves unless you have arms that are too big to fit in regular sized shirts.

Also didn't your mother/kindergarten teacher/boss ever tell you that it is disrespectful to wear a hat inside a building? The gym is no different, it is inside just like a school, or a church, or an office. Would you wear a hat in church? Then don't wear a hat at the gym.

Also, tattoo's in America are getting out of control.

end rant.

I'm fairly certain I'm going to be dead or majorly harmed very soon. While nothing attacked my head today while running (which I did not do since I'm working a double shift at the hospital) one of those plastic ceiling light covers randomly cracked and came crashing down on me while on the job! I'm sure it would have tried to cause more damage, but then I'd end up with workman's comp so my luck wouldn't allow that. Perhaps I should just stay in bed tomorrow, or watch those Final Destination movies and see exactly how I can get Death to leave me alone for a while.

I'm trying to write my freaking Humanities paper, and usually nights in my neighborhood are generally quiet. Of course everyone picks the night I write my paper to be as loud as they can. I've got neighbors hammering something, an ice cream truck that won't leave or shut off its music, a dog barking, a guy telling the dog to shut up, multiple drunk people screaming nonsense, police sirens going back and forth, people driving by slowly blaring rap music, neighbors creating beats on their porches and attempting to rap, people honking their horns multiple times in front of the same housing and yelling to get their friend's attention, a child crying, my roommate cheering on his football team in the other room, and a helicopter flying obnoxiously low above my apartment periodically. What's weird is that I tend to get all of these noises at night, but NEVER AT THE SAME TIME! Time to pop in the headphones and listen to the sweet sound of nothing.

Today, I found a severed leg. It looked EXACTLY as if it belonged to my dog. So I went over to where he was supposed to be, and checked to make sure he still had all four (he does). Then I disposed of the mysterious leg.

That was a highly unappetizing experience...

This close.

My girlfriend in Michigan was THIS close to being raped today.

I really don't know how I feel.. I'm shocked, horrified, confused, absolutely pissed, afraid, and most of all, thankful that it didn't go all the way, and that she is alright. It all hasn't set in yet, it feels like this isn't real.. But it is.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in an apartment with 8 other students who go to my school. We occupy three levels of the building with me being a part of the bottom floor. There is a little hallway that connects my doorway to the staircase doorway to outside, and it's in these hallways that the bike riders tend to keep their bikes (there is usually a total of four bikes). This was fine for a while, but then one of my loud mouth neighbors kept on complaining every time he walked through that hallway. Every evening, I would hear a, "I'm so f****** sick of these g****** bikes!!!" I figured he could have asked me politely, but I moved my bike outside and out of the way anyway. Today, however, when I got home from school, I guess one of my other neighbors liked the idea of keeping bikes outside and parked his in the spot I usually put mine. With nowhere else to put it, I left mine in the hallway again, doing my best to leave as much hallway space as possible. Just a few minutes ago, I was studying when I heard a loud crash. It was immediately followed by, "I F****** HATE THESE G****** BIKES!!!" It obliterated my concentration. I really want to yell back, "I F****** hate your g****** screaming!" but that would be hypocritical of me. So now I'm keeping my bike in my room, having to roll it through three doors just to shut my neighbor up...

The people on NoLimits-Exchange.

I'll make a recreation of a coaster and they'll say "I don't like the colors! It's such a boring coaster!" Well, it's a recreation. It's not my design. Then I'll upload a coaster inspired by another, so NOT a recreation, and they'll say things like "You got this turn wrong, the colors wrong, that hill wrong, etc." SERIOUSLY?!?! I just said it's NOT a recreation.

On page 524 of the Rant thread, I complained about my neighbors screaming over having to squeeze between two bikes just to get inside. As a result, I locked up my bike outside on the iron rail. Well, I visited my parents for the weekend, and when I came back, my bike is gone. The other bike kept outside had its chain torn off. I hope you're happy neighbor! My bike that my father once proudly rode is gone but at least you get to walk through the hallway without your hip lightly touching a handle bar!