TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Black Friday

SharkTums

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went to an outlet mall about 40 miles from where I live because they gave away lift tickets to Loveland. I could care less about the sales, I just wanted the damn tickets!

And for Cyber Monday, I ordered myself an electric guitar from Guitar Center.

Well, wasn't too excited for black friday because it looked like it was going to be very busy this year.

My goal was to get the PS3 bundle, and some games on Black Friday.

I woke up on Thanksgiving, knowing i had to work from 1230-830, and not looking forward to going to walmart afterwards. I looked online at Gamestop, and they had the PS3 bundle online for 199.97 with 8 buck shipping. So I saved myself the headache and bought it. NO Lines or pepper spray. Unfortunately, the games I wanted I would have to go out for. Went to a Gamestop for B2G1 games at midnight at our local gamestop, only to find they are not open, went into walmart and walked out because it was so crowded, went to another gamestop that didn't open until 5, went home and went to bed. In the morning I had to work at 930 so I decided to hit up the local gamestop that was closed until 5am last night, and got all my games no questions asked.

Black Friday can suck it!

I always get up mid morning on black Friday and put on a big pot of chili to cook. My brother and his family come over for leftover turkey sandwiches and then we go to the local Christmas tree farm to cut a tree. We come back home decorate the tree, I make some cornbread, we eat chili and drink eggnog. Great low stress day.

• 11 months later...

Work, then head home and play Wii U. I have a feeling its going to be crazy especially with the new Wii U console being this years hottest item. I'm glad I snagged one without the crowds and the wait in a long line.

I know history doesn't repeat itself but I would not be surprised if my local Walmart has problems again (last year, a shooting happened as someone was too lazy to go in the store and purchase the item themselves.

I've been seeing quite a few good things on Amazon. Having a Prime account saves a ton on shipping as well. I've almost got all of my shopping done!

www.amazon.com/Black-Friday/b/ref=nav_swm_BF_2012-general?ie=UTF8&node=384082011&pf_rd_p=1420473702&pf_rd_s=nav-sitewide-msg&pf_rd_t=4201&pf_rd_i=navbar-4201&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=06JMT35K2RMSHK39MQ9C

Update:

Percy Jackson- Blu Ray

Harry Potter & Deathly Hallows 2- Blu Ray

Big Bang Theory 1,3,5

How I Met Your Mother- Season 6

Despicable Me

Hunger Games- Blu Ray

Bad Teacher

Madagascar 3- Blu Ray

Blu Ray Player

100 iTunes Card

Various Candy

Various Clothes

Blankets

Edited by Rollercoaster Rider

I'm spending my Black Friday at home, buying parts for a new computer. If anyone cares, here's my planned gaming rig:

Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V mATX (bought!)

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB (free with mobo!)

Video card: HIS IceQ Radeon HD 7870 2GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite White

Power: Corsair Builder CX600 600W (bought!)

I'm planning on biting the bullet on the case, GPU, and a copy of Windows 7 tonight, then checking for a better deal on the processor tomorrow. Altogether, with the OS, the build adds up to about $650, which isn't too bad at all for a gaming PC.

Time for a Black Friday rant, and how it seems to affect Thanksgiving...

To me it seems like Turkey Day is slowly going to be getting the boot out the door. Why? Some stores are deciding to do early morning sales on Thanksgiving, and doing evening 'door busters' prior to Black Friday. So much for just being home and/or with family on Thanksgiving, so much for reflecting on what you're thankful for...instead we reflect on what we want and let greed settle in.

rant>

BTW, I admit, I did have to run to the store to pick up some sodas and needed to grab an extra wiimote (so we can get some New Super Mario Bros U action at home going) and there were people all lined up for this evening's sales. I didn't spend more than 15 minutes in the store.

I just bought some makeup from Clinique. The only Black Friday-specific benefit appeared to be a free bonus consisting of three items, but I also was able to enjoy free shipping, a free sample item, and hopefully some Southwest points.

I'm not a "fan" of Black Friday (or Small Business Saturday, or Cyber Monday), but more and more I don't care to bother with trying to avoid it. Speaking up against it might very well influence exactly no one (though you never know), and observing Buy Nothing Day (do people still do that?) certainly isn't going to have any meaningful effects.

I just bought myself Season 5 of The Big Bang Theory. Got a set that came with DVD, Blu-Ray, and Ultra Violet (Whatever the hell that is, haha!). It was originally $39.99, and I got it for $8.99 from Best Buy.

The best part, I ordered it online and did store pick-up. I was literally there for like 5 minutes max! Cha-Ching!

Just wanted give a hat tip to fellow TPR member Chadster for taking a pretty epic video of black friday that has gone viral and is being covered by local and national media..

Victoria's Secret Gone Wild.

Here's a link to some of the media coverage . http://www.fox23.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=3843880

All this for a free tote bag and buy one get one half price bras.