TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Off-Season Survival Thread

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I for one am happy we are finally getting some snow... We've barely gotten any and it's almost December

This is going to be my first off season being a "true" enthusiast, so I'll have to find ways to cope.

Just downloading new NoLimits tracks might help. I also recently found a cool indoor rock climbing place in my town, me and my friends have gone a few times, and that is a pretty good adrenaline rush, possibly enough to keep me going crazy!

Off Season? Whats that?

NO OFF SEASON IN FLORIDA!!!!

Sorry to all you northeners!

Heres today's weather

FLORIDA WEATHER FOR NOV 28

74°F

Current: Cloudy

Wind: E at 13 mph

Humidity: 64%

Obnoxious posts like this are in clear violation of the site's TOS.

Organizing financing for next year's trip (NorthEast.)

Finishing all of the home projects that did not get done during to heat / travel this summer

Hang out with my friends / family / roomates (4 TPR people live in my house.)

Perhaps make the 4 hour drive to Orlando for some rides if the withdrawal gets too great.

Well, the first month of the off-season went by fairly quickly but we've still got 4 more months to go through. Good thing for holidays and new video game releases coming up. As opposed to last year's off season start which ended with summer-like weather, this year has been pretty cold after the first week of November. Seeing nights in the mid to high 30s in the bay area are starting to become a common thing lately.

• 1 month later...

Month 2 done and out of the way. Just a couple more months to go. This time of the year is what I refer to as the long stretch. January and February really don't have much going on holiday-wise so they feel like the 'dead' months. Ok, my birthday's in February so that's 1 thing that stands out in the dead of winter. Can't wait for Jan 18th for LittleBigPlanet 2, will help make the rest of these months go by fast.

I guess the offseason started for me on January 1st, with all parks in the area are dark until the third weekend in March.

In reality, I haven't been to a park since September.

I'm usually very occupied in the offseason. Between school, home projects, club projects, and a back-catalog of video games and sleep, it doesn't really hang over me. I'm excited to dream of a new park to go to in the Northeast or Southwest.

• 3 weeks later...

I went skiing two seasons ago, and found it just as much fun as going to a theme park. I haven't been yet this year since it's about double the cost of going to a theme park since my buddy isn't around to lend me his skis anymore!

Hopefully I can get out to Perfect North Slopes, about 30-40 minutes away from Cincy in Indiana. I'd die to be able to go out to Park City or something REAL like what Robb and Elissa did. But no, we only have SLOPES here, haha.

Sledding is also fun since the golf course by my house has a hole that's pretty much a giant valley. It looks like one of those White Water West Mega Wedgies.