TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like that additional support on the "speed bump" wasn't such a good idea.

Dutch enthusiasts are reporting you now get a rather violent sideways jolt when going over the hill.

Some even spent the rest of the day with a headache. And it doesn't look very healthy for the trains either...

Another video, and in slow-motion:

Yikes. Was there any actual need for it? Also why did they have to make it diagonal? Besides we have a zacspin in my homepark and it has only a couple of supports for the whole massive structure and it sways like crazy, more than that airtime hill did and it's completely fine, has been since 2008 or so (after 2007 they added a couple extra supports though)

That's what I was afraid of, if it's designed to sway then after you modify it, the coaster isn't working the way it's designed to be like. I think another vertical support at the top of the small hill would work better than the added lateral support. But that means remaking that track section and one additional foundation. Well I guess the additional support right now is just a temporary solution.

Rode this two days ago and loved the ride. Mostly because the restraints are so comfortable.

I didn't feel the ride was too rough, and didn't notice a wiggle on this great airhill, however, I never checked here before so I had no idea the support was added and wasn't feeling for anything weird when on-ride.

^I definitely noticed some jerky movement when I rode it some weeks back, but I didn't find it uncomfortable or painful in any way. I only rode it once though due to long line, so I could probably give a more accurate opinion about if I had gotten a couple of more rides on it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Right, there is a chance that I could be going to Walibi Holland during summer. I guess it will be mega busy as it is August, so I will need the fast lane thing. I am confused by it and was wondering if anyone could spare the time to give me an in depth set of steps as to how you use it.

Thanks in advance!

Also, another question, on El Condor, is there ANYWHERE on the train that is comfortable to sit (except on the bench off ride!)

I have no idea how the flash pass works since I haven't used it myself.

I do know though that there is not a single comfortable seat on El Condor.

Also, another question, on El Condor, is there ANYWHERE on the train that is comfortable to sit (except on the bench off ride!)

I have no idea how the flash pass works since I haven't used it myself.

I do know though that there is not a single comfortable seat on El Condor.

Thanks for trying to be helpful ... I guess?

At the end of last season I rode it 2 times, once front seat, once back seat. While the back seat was absolute torture, I found the front seat was actually somewhat enjoyable. It's still not smooth, but it's definitely better than the back. So I'd say go for front seat.

Are you visiting the park soon?

At the end of last season I rode it 2 times, once front seat, once back seat. While the back seat was absolute torture, I found the front seat was actually somewhat enjoyable. It's still not smooth, but it's definitely better than the back. So I'd say go for front seat.

Are you visiting the park soon?

It depends on if I can persuade my mum. If it is easy and quick to get to the park then I have a higher chance of going. What is the best way to get to the park?

I don't know what's the best way to get to the park since I alway go by car (It's just an hour and 20 minutes driving for me).

I think it also depends on where you're traveling from. Public transport shouldn't be that bad either. You can take a train between Amersfoort/Utrecht and Zwolle that stops at Harderwijk. From there goes a bus that stops at Walibi Holland.

Right, there is a chance that I could be going to Walibi Holland during summer. I guess it will be mega busy as it is August, so I will need the fast lane thing. I am confused by it and was wondering if anyone could spare the time to give me an in depth set of steps as to how you use it.

Thanks in advance!

I have never used fastlane at walibi Holland. But from what i understand, it's basically disneys fastpass system but instead of using physicall tickets you use an app on your smartphone. The bronze package will give you no shorter wait, but silver and gold will decrease your waiting time up to 90%.

Walibi is only realy buisy during Halloween, so I don't think you even need the fastlane.

Oh and they sell aspirin at the front store on the mainstreet incase you decide to ride condor.

^Yeah, that's what I did, took the train to Harderwijk and the bus to the park from there. Very easy!

That's the way I went last September, when we were staying in Amsterdam. I caught an 0800 train to a transfer spot, then

off the second train, to a bus that goes directly to the front gate (cost me I remember $8-10 Euros return for the bus, you can

pay the driver and not have to buy a ticket ahead of time). I got there just as the park was early opening at 1000. I did have an

advance ticket for the park, so that helped me get through the front gate easy.

Thanks in advance!

It's an odd system. You need a mobile phone, but it isn't an app. The website is: https://www.walibifastlane.nl/

We were originally going to buy the silver pass, but ended up only needing to skip the line for 3 rides, so we just bought them individually. My debit card wasn't working on the website, so we actually went to Guest Services and paid them there, then they approved our purchase on the site, and we were able to use my phone for 7 of us in the party. It works pretty well once you have things set up.

^Yeah, that's what I did, took the train to Harderwijk and the bus to the park from there. Very easy!

As a rollercoaster enthusiast like me, yes, that is very easy, especially for a big park, however, I am definitely going to have to be extra nice to my mum for a hope in hell of going. I failed at going to Port Adventura. Meh, its worth a try.