TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

Or noodles (Does this one not work anymore?), or lockers

The filters are probably my favorite part of this site, is there anyway to see the whole list? But my god does that ride look insane, it'll be interesting to see what the pacing will be like.

Video from yesterday. Near the end you see a train getting out of the maintenance shed. Good to see that (some) systems are running, there are claims that yesterday the chains where running too. I'm getting more and more exited, I want to see it running.

I'm intrigued by the new train design (and slightly creeped out by the laughing people, but that's probably intentional!). Eurofighters sometimes don't age very well so I'd like to see how these trains ride in a few seasons time.

A small update for you all:

217022_10151672008333185_856127243_n.jpg.ac06c1a082a1ffd11555c98ac4db8326.jpg

Plenty of these boxes have appeared on site and been lowered into the pit.

(Source: TowersTimes Facebook)

575360_10151556351757225_2064960063_n.jpg.6add4b46ef02b14978a5f4a6ac85b79b.jpg

...which appear to be lighting systems, that have been placed throughout The Smiler's ride area, with marketing agency Cake seen on-site.

(Source: Towers Nerd Facebook)

417783_10151672210268185_2039707782_n.jpg.05e98ebcb2c56e7ceb7fc769fd5f192d.jpg

After months of being hidden away by banners, the site of The Smiler will soon be fully visible.

(Source: TowersTimes Facebook)

P1050097.thumb.JPG.4e612a8bd8135280bcfede0c0da25e4b.JPG

This is certainly no Christmas fairy light job...

P1050045.thumb.JPG.045ee8248ac9983317c4fbdc29ecdd83.JPG

It looks like whatever the lights are for will be done sometime between now and Wednesday.

HSL are a lighting company whose work varies from TV productions to concert tours.

For a large update of photographs (including a sneak peak into the first lift hill tunnel and a close up of the lights):

Clicky here.

It will be nice to see some video of this when it starts testing.

I can confirm now (via Towerstimes forum) that there have been test last night and probably it is still running at this hour. They start testing at around 6 PM so after closing time. Also this person stated that the ride testing will take around 2 weeks making the 18th of May (rumored opening date) possible.

You know I see it open the 18th or Wednesday (have no idea why but Wednesday feels right) the 22nd. I could be really optimistic here but he it looks almost done.

Or noodles (Does this one not work anymore?), or fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo

The filters are probably my favorite part of this site, is there anyway to see the whole list? But my god does that ride look insane, it'll be interesting to see what the pacing will be like.

I want the list too!

Let me test one based on what I found online - rings.

^^ I believe the second half is also no problem for the ride.

400645_560540587310457_639322146_n.jpg

315966_560542080643641_1170844831_n.jpg

Alton Towers guide.

Love the look of the camera for the onride picture. We have seen them promoting with Security cams before (like the game scanner) so I love the idea here.

^ Kind of makes me wonder if the on-ride photo can warp the riders faces at the end to look like the promotional picture.

I had that same thought! Wouldnt that be awesome if that could happen?

Well cell phones these days have the technology to pick up facial features such as eyes, mouth, etc. I'm sure the technology is there for them to do something like this.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it as an 'option' to have your face warped into Smile in the picture booth after the ride. With a small charge of course.

Or noodles (Does this one not work anymore?), or fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo

In fairness, Smiler's restraints do look like large noodles.