TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

I don't know if they would actually shoot that much water directly towards the riders so I suppose that it could really be a type of compressed air. It looks more like water, though.

So it looks like The Smilers viral marketing campaign has finally started..... this video has appeared on youtube. It is an interview with 'Miles Cedars' the author of 'Smile Always' give it a watch...

also the two 'students' in the video have twitter accounts

and

Some people are questioning if it is official, however, IMO the timing is right and it seems to well put toogether to be fan made. Great start to a viral marketing campaign by the towers.

Thanks to Towers Street for posting the above information on Facebook.

AT seems to have great marketing! Very impressed

I have to agree. I know in the past they a few kind of stupid marketing ploys with Swarm and Thirteen, but I am actually very impressed this time around!

Tickler testing. The brush on the right seems to have a lot op problems getting up to speed. It surely doesn't look as powerful as the concept.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151373745606050&set=vb.168150643216122&type=3&permPage=1

Hypnotiser testing. This is a bummer. I expected more disc's to be spinning only 2 are.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151373754066050&set=vb.168150643216122&type=3&permPage=1

Great video. If you look at it there are some point that its an official video, like the laughing with the "in the hall of the mountain king" tune, The amount of Hynotiser looking illusions around the house, and the fact that it are tapes they take with them. These are things that a fan-made video won't have (Small details) because you don't think about it that much. And I love the end.

I've gotta say that I'm REALLY impressed with the themeing. I agree fully with the people who say that this ride is more doing what th13teen was advertised as.

Actually, come to think of it, the whole concept behind the ride, & the logo, have always kinda given the creeps.... I don't know why. It just does.

We have been made aware of this video and have noticed quite a few people have asked about it – watch it and let us know if you have any thoughts or information to share…

Quote comes from Alton Towers Facebook page. It seems like the footage is a fake one, yet I must say It is really well done. Deepest respect for the ones who made this.

Something happening on site. The first train of the Smiler is lifted on the track.

944616_476916715712111_1056419165_n.jpg

Train in the air:

551316_476919365711846_2096914780_n.jpg

Towersstreet facebook.

Can't wait for the test run of this ride any more.

We have been made aware of this video and have noticed quite a few people have asked about it – watch it and let us know if you have any thoughts or information to share…

Quote comes from Alton Towers Facebook page. It seems like the footage is a fake one, yet I must say It is really well done. Deepest respect for the ones who made this. :wtf.

It has now been uploaded to Alton Towers' YouTube channel.

^^ Actually think this makes it more likely to be official. They've generously dismissed fan made stuff.

Pretty cunning to release it and allow people to find it and those people ask Alton Towers about it. Then Alton have an excuse!

They can say and have, "look at this video someone has found, what do you think?"

^I thought the same thing at first. But I remembered that Thorpe park sometimes placed strange stuff on there facebook, So I thought that Alton Towers could do the same. Looking back the it's official theory seems to have the upper-hand now.

Anyways news:

Train 1 is now completely on the rails:

943393_557958280902021_912838121_n.jpg

Also they finally fixing the served support over the toilets.

248093_557968000901049_1398219429_n.jpg

Alton Towers guide Facebook.