TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Remember, Voyage was part of a whole land expansion. I think they said Thanksgiving land was in the 10-11million range. Now if they consider that grouping their largest ride expense, then we might actually see a ride in the 9-10million range. Hmmmmmmmm! What does a ____________ cost? Cause that's what I'm thinking.

Remember, Voyage was part of a whole land expansion. I think they said Thanksgiving land was in the 10-11million range. Now if they consider that grouping their largest ride expense, then we might actually see a ride in the 9-10million range. Hmmmmmmmm! What does a ____________ cost? Cause that's what I'm thinking.

I'll finish it for you Guy...

What does a Megalite cost? 10-12 million from what I remember seeing. Anyone confirm?

I agree that the term "2nd largest project" could mean several things, not just money. ...height, length and/or the overall size of a new land come to mind.

Also, put me down for another HW fan hoping for an Intamin. Then again, I say that for every new project every year that's being rumored in the US.

This is what was in the HW newsletter yesterday...

What's the New Project for 2010?

Ah, the question on everyone's mind these days: What's new for 2010?Yes, we will have a new thing for next year. Want to play along with our guessing game? Follow us on Twitter, our Facebook Fan Page, and the HoliBlog. Our big announcement will be Thursday, August 13, at 11 am CDT. If you're here as a guest that day, you're welcome to join us in the Holiday Theater (sorry, HoliDazzles fans, we'll have one less show that day). Park president Will Koch will proudly unveil his latest plan for making everyone smile. He's been working on this for several years and has been talking about it even longer. In fact...it's the second largest ride project in the park's history!

So, that is implying that the 2010 attraction will be the second largest ride (in cost) in the park's history.

Intamin isn't known for building cheap coasters, but as Elissa pointed out, Tornado at Bakken is a great coaster that would still fit in the price range.

If this is indeed a coaster from Intamin, what about a zacspin? Insane cost about seven million, so if depending on what Holiday World means by second largest ride, whether it be size, cost of Voyage or the entire cost of the Thanksgiving section, a sizable zacspin could be built. Sure it's unlikely, but if this is an Intamin, it is possible.