TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What park should have an Intamin Mega-Lite?

I think in California Knott's and/or CGA would be good candidates for building a Mega Lite. Both these parks have the budget to afford one of these, the capacity wouldn't be too much of a issue for CGA, and for Knott's it probably wouldn't have worse capacity than Pony Express or Coast Rider. A Mega Lite would probably be a capacity nightmare for SFMM, but then again that didn't stop them from building Green Lantern.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but considering the height restrictions at SF:DK, I think this could be a nice addition. I remember before S:UF was announced, there was some speculation a Mega-Lite would be added. Not sure exactly where they could fit this, but there's definitely room at the park.

Would make perfect sense for any park with a 200 ft height restriction.

Edited by larrygator

SDC and WOF would be great parks for a Mega Lite. I would also say HW, but I think when they build their first steel Coaster it will be something more of a marquee, and most likely have inversions, so in other words it will most likely be a B & M.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Kentucky Kingdom?!?

It's been mentioned specifically by a few people.

Also, any park located near an airport and subject to height restrictions would also make a logical candidate. Cough! Ed Hart Cough!

Edited by larrygator

Even though it probably won't happen, it would be really cool to see one of the WDW resort parks build a mega-lite.

Hah, the ultimate mine train, perhaps?

I would love to see Disney build a more thrilling coaster again. But if/when they do, it wont be an Intamin Mega-Lite.

On a side note, WDW could use an Aquatrax. Theme it to The Little Mermaid or Nemo. That could work. One can only hope

• 6 months later...

I was thinking Six Flags America. Imagine an Intamin Mega-Lite "dueling" with Superman: Ride of Steel. Give the Mega-Lite good supervillain theming (Six Flags' strong suit lol) and couple it with a S:RoS refurb. Might be too much of an investment for the park but I can dream!

The great escape. They need a stand out steel coaster that draws in the park visitors. Right now they're lacking in terms of stand out coasters, with the exception of comet. I realize they want to be a family park, but this would make the thrill seekers in the family happy! It probably won't happen, but it's be a perfect fit.