TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

S&S Launched Coaster Rising in Beijing

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still impressed that S&S has been able to diversify the company as much as they have without turning out complete crap for coasters and thrill rides... similar to the diversity in Intamin's products but with fewer failures in my opinion. And this thing looks more than decent

It looks VERY short.

TPR Best of China Trip 2012!

That will be another Trip where you can count me in! Oh my, seems I won´t never come to america, while doing the rest of the world of coasters but I can´t resist

I'm still impressed that S&S has been able to diversify the company as much as they have without turning out complete crap for coasters and thrill rides... similar to the diversity in Intamin's products but with fewer failures in my opinion. And this thing looks more than decent

Actually S&S has had a ton of failures and delays (Ring Racer anyone?) its just that they build fewer rides. If they had built just as many rides as Intamin, chances are they'd have just as many problems.

• 3 weeks later...

^

From the first post.

Apparently the Shenzhen version will have a different layout too.

Similar, yes, a clone, I don't think so. I'm thinking this is like the Busch Gardens parks with SheiKra and Griffon and before that, Montu and Alpengeist. Each get a "sister" coaster of the same general type with a slightly different, but similar, layout.

My personal experience alone, Powder Keg IS good. When we went on it during the Middle America trip, everyone who got off of it said, "S&S REALLY needs to build more of these."

Hopefully, these are the long-awaited answer to Powder Keg.

D.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's funny how there are certain things about this ride that remind me of B&M and certain things about it that remind me of Intamin...hmmm

It seems like they're the only two companies who really got it right, and all the others are out of options. I do like the looks of this coaster a lot, though! I hope these new S&S coasters turn our really smooth and exciting!