TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

If people wanna dream of Jersey Devil opening on Memorial Day, let them. My money is on Labor Day.

Serious question. Is there something wrong with the transfer track on Bizarro? Or is the process to transfer a train off just so complicated and unwieldy that they don't even bother? Because I have no other reason as to why they are consistently always running three trains on it, and they always stack all three. Even at Coaster Power Hours last Thursday, none of the trains were even remotely close to full, but if you got a ride, you'd spend another ten minutes in the brake run before getting back to the station. What gives?

We bailed on a Bizarro stair wait on opening day since we realized that we wouldn't be off the ride for 45 minutes. The crew is always atrocious but this year is a special case. Put me in the camp of people who would rather see them run 2 trains than leave people on the brake run for 15 minutes.

• Like 2

I still really hate the trend of SF putting "coaster" in all the newer ride names.  Whoever is on their marketing team that thought that was a good idea..  I dislike you very much and I hope you get diarrhea.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tndank said:

Disinformation

This is not true. Don't spread disinformation. 

While different states do have different levels of intensity in their restrictions, all Six Flags parks at this time have a base level where masks are required for those who are not vaccinated and whenever guests are indoors or in a crowded area. Please consult your local Six Flags before you go and continue to bring a mask so you can follow the guidelines for the park you are visiting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tndank said:

It's exactly what it says. 'Recommended' and 'Required' are very different.  Six Flags used specific words for specific parks with specific rules.

TRUE, but hope you have a strong bladder if you don't bring a mask.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, coneyislandchris said:

Serious question. Is there something wrong with the transfer track on Bizarro? Or is the process to transfer a train off just so complicated and unwieldy that they don't even bother?

It is Six Flags practice to sometimes leave trains on or off because of poorly designed transfer tracks that require a lot of manpower, but that would surprise me on a B&M. 

Well regardless of what the overall corporate stance is, New Jersey is one of the last states that (as of now) still has an indoor mask mandate. The Great Adventure-specific announcement takes this into account; not surprisingly the Texas parks' policies reflect that state's more lenient stance on masks.  While one can certainly disagree with NJ still having this mandate (and as someone who has been supportive of cautious measures up to now, I do disagree with them not evolving with the science), at the end of the day the Six Flags legal and PR teams are just being careful with making sure they're not ticking off any state regulatory authority.

That's not to say they haven't taken Covid seriously, but they've made it known the entire time of the pandemic that by entering the park, you're assuming any and all risks that come with congregating with a bunch of strangers on rides and in queues. They're a business who (like others of its kind) experienced massive losses last year and is ensuring they won't experience any further loss from a potential lawsuit or fines.

Wow. This ride may actually open this year XD 
In fact not only does it seem likely, watch it somehow beat Iron Gwazi! 

Will be nice to return to this dump of a park (unless it's been spruced up in the 6/7 years since Ive gone) I do miss its few superb coasters. And since it has been so long perhaps I wont have all the bad tastes I used to in the day. Will be nice to have a big single rail RMC so nearby! 

21 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

Wow. This ride may actually open this year XD 
In fact not only does it seem likely, watch it somehow beat Iron Gwazi! 

Will be nice to return to this dump of a park (unless it's been spruced up in the 6/7 years since Ive gone) I do miss its few superb coasters. And since it has been so long perhaps I wont have all the bad tastes I used to in the day. Will be nice to have a big single rail RMC so nearby! 

It has not.  Still a shithole that happens to have a good hyper, a great woodie, and a mixed bag strata.  You'll particularly appreciate the "marijuana is prohibited at the park" and "please don't fight" signs every 50 feet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

It has not.  Still a shithole that happens to have a good hyper, a great woodie, and a mixed bag strata.  You'll particularly appreciate the "marijuana is prohibited at the park" and "please don't fight" signs every 50 feet.

Sounds about right, and can't say I'm surprised XD Shame they seem to be sticking to harsher rules than the state, being high may help LMAO But yeah...outside those gems the lineup was never strong enough for me to justify going and I would rather make the longer drive to Hershey BUT it has been a while, and since I'll be back in jersey for a while it may be nice to go again. The new RMC helps ha