TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Hey guys I will be making my first trip to SFGAdv on a thursday in mid June and was looking for some tips. I will probably go on Cyborg first (I'm assuming that it will be open) then I see JL is right next to it and then Nitro so I will probably hit those 3 first. After that which rides should I go on early that are usually the busiest so I can get them done (Also which seat on the ride is best) Which rides in the parks have the longest wait times in order? Also I want to do the Safari as well any advice would be great thanks!

Normally spinning rides like this don't affect me at all, but watching that video alone made me so dizzy and disoriented. I think the feeling was exacerbated by the fish-eye lens the park used to film it (though I'm fairly positive the park made that choice on purpose for that very reason), but I'm sure this ride will still test the limit of how much spinning I can tolerate. Won't stop me from giving this a ride once I make it back to the park!!

Right on time. I'm finally getting up there tomorrow. I need to be flogged for not taking the 2h 45min trip in all of these years. Well, I came for HITP once, but as you all know, quite a bit is closed. Looking forward to getting the rest of the credits.

Going to reride all of the HITP coasters, except GL and DK. Everything else will be my first time. Can't wait to see GAdv's JL. I messed up last time, and didn't ride back seat in Skull Mountain. Will redeem myself tomorrow.

I would like one recommendation. What are your opinions on the best place/s to eat (dining pass)? I'll eat anything that is edible, except cole slaw. Writing this has reminded me to put my cup in the car NOW. I forget it alot when I go right around the corner to SFA.

Warning: If El Toro is closed, I'm going to burn the place down.

After seeing that video, I'm more excited for Cyborg Spin. It makes me think of Westworld..."Have you ever seen anything so full of splendor?"

It looks intense and it is sure to give some weird sensations, and while Great Adventure lacks two of my favorite flats (S&S Screamin Swings and Giant Frisbees), Cyborg Spin looks like it could be up there. I do not envy those of you who get sick on rides. Also, I'm glad some of you know your limits...unlike the kid who barfed on my feet in the bathroom near Body Wars at Epcot when I was 6.

Hey guys I will be making my first trip to SFGAdv on a thursday in mid June and was looking for some tips. I will probably go on Cyborg first (I'm assuming that it will be open) then I see JL is right next to it and then Nitro so I will probably hit those 3 first. After that which rides should I go on early that are usually the busiest so I can get them done (Also which seat on the ride is best) Which rides in the parks have the longest wait times in order? Also I want to do the Safari as well any advice would be great thanks!

i've only been once, but when i went kingda ka was the place to go right off the bat. first ride was walk-on, second ride there was a 10min wait, third ride 20 min wait, and then it broke down. when it got going again it was a 20 min wait, broke down a second time.

el toro ran half empty trains for an hour and a half, and afterwards i'm sure there wasn't much wait. and nitro was a station wait everytime we went on it. superman had a longer wait. kingda ka and zumanjaro drop were the only rides with appreciable wait times.

Stupid question...

It's been about 5-6 years since I have been to sfga, but do they still have the ribbon fries? It's basically a potato put on a spiral slicer. They then deep fry it.

If they do, where can one acquire It? And is it on the dinning plan?

Thanks....

Was at the park today, and I was surprised to see the path between El Toro and Kingda Ka open (the actual one, not the one through the animal exhibit). Has it been like this all year? It’s the first time I’ve ever seen it open. The path between Justice league and Cyborg that leads to the main fountain area was also open today, which I have seen open before, but very sporadically.

Can anyone actually tell me where this mythical path is? For the longest time I've assumed it was the animal walk through, but my buddy told me it's not. I don't see anywhere else it could be, with most of Plaza Del Carnival being surrounded by rides and buildings on all side parallel to Golden Kingdom. Google is turning up nothing.

Can anyone actually tell me where this mythical path is? For the longest time I've assumed it was the animal walk through, but my buddy told me it's not. I don't see anywhere else it could be, with most of Plaza Del Carnival being surrounded by rides and buildings on all side parallel to Golden Kingdom. Google is turning up nothing.

greatadvpath.thumb.jpg.530721833163b797b05e3a92fdda304d.jpg

Its basically directly to the right of the shop (Coasters & Candy) that leads you into Safari Discoveries.

greatshit.jpg.0950289f271039be2b6a5c1a81d44998.jpg

Here is where it lets you out by Ka:

greatshit3.jpg.f874993dd902b6215dbb93a10a32cf86.jpg

The path is usually used for a Fright Fest trail (Bloodshed I believe).

My two least favorite parts about the Six Flags chain:

1) Blocking off perfectly good paths

2) Removing trees and replacing with concrete

Cedar fair does the same thing. Not sure why parks find the need to remove all natural shade from the parks.

My two least favorite parts about the Six Flags chain:

1) Blocking off perfectly good paths

2) Removing trees and replacing with concrete

Cedar fair does the same thing. Not sure why parks find the need to remove all natural shade from the parks.

Not sure if this is true but it could be a maintenance thing. Its easier to sweep concrete then take care of grass and plants.