TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I kept watching the ride yesterday as it was moving up thinking it might start testing. Then when I saw it stopped for a few minutes, I went to Justice League and checked back, repeating that a few times but it never did test. Yesterday was one of the better days at the park I had in a while. Crowds were so low, that one of the times I rode Justice League, the line was completely empty and I had my own car which made it easier to not have any competition going for the high value targets. Even with the park so empty, 3 trains were still being run at Kingda Ka, Nitro and Bizarro.

Some of the snack stands are now selling sandwiches and wraps that can be used with the dining pass. That should be helpful on days when the food lines elsewhere are bad.

Not the best photo but another shot from Great Adventure Online, showing off the lighting package. Hopefully we'll get some video soon.

Cybor.jpg.fe5e8697cf0bcd21d1c403cb232440b7.jpg

edit: Also, sign is finished. Photo by C.J. in the Great Adv Connoisseurs group.

cybsign.jpg.2ef648f074d5d7ff9716a0bca0f885ae.jpg

Edited by boldikus

Not the best photo but another shot from Great Adventure Online, showing off the lighting package. Hopefully we'll get some video soon.

wow. . looks like it's gonna be a stunner.

I know that Harley at SFoT is right next to Joker. . but I really wish they had themed that one to Cyborg as well (and simply kept the Harley themed troika they already had).

really loving the Cyborg theming on this guy at SFGAdv!

wow. . looks like it's gonna be a stunner.

I know that Harley at SFoT is right next to Joker. . but I really wish they had themed that one to Cyborg as well (and simply kept the Harley themed troika they already had).

really loving the Cyborg theming on this guy at SFGAdv!

I agree, the mechanical, robotic nature of the ride really seems to fit Cyborg a lot better. Can't wait to see this in person and finally ride it!

Wow, that Cyborg ride looks amazing! I will surely get sick just watching it but what a cool looking flat ride with a stellar lighting package. Could someone remind me where exactly in the park this is being installed?

^ Between/across from Showcase Theater and Justice League.

It's funny how 3-4 years ago so many of us wished for them to do something about this "dead" area of the park and its finally coming together. I find myself less interested in riding this and more interested in what it looks like, and how the area is shaping up. I'm not holding my breath but a giant frisbee back here next year would round it out nicely. There's certainly still a good amount of space for more flats or small coaster.

Oh and also of note: David in the Great Adv Conn group pointed out that the kiddie waterplay structure thing near Kingda Ka has (construction?) fence all around it. The collective assumption over there is its being ripped out. But let's not forget this is the same park that let the Old Country rides rot behind a fence for 10 years. I guess we'll see, its not like its taking up much space.

david.jpg.74b76b20db026d1e54fbd954a6685b11.jpg

The whole Golden Kingdom over-expansion deal has always just been the biggest "WTF, Six Flags" to me. I can't believe how quickly most of the new land got closed off and how they ripped out Ka's massive old queue. Glad to see them doing something with it.

I secretly hope they don't put a Giant Discovery in there, because the odds are it would be themed to DC. Shit, who am I kidding. Anything they add will be themed to DC. I just personally don't want to see DC stuff pop up around the Golden Kingdom (DC in Africa, really?) but odds are against my desires. Plus there's still a lot of space left to fill in the Old Country. I would be shocked if they kept the area as the Golden Kingdom and added apporpraitely themed rides, but one can dream.

I don't know though. Maybe there is still hope considering we got Zum a couple years ago? Who knows.

But I digress. The path is open between the two best rides in the park; a dream of mine that so far has come true.

^ I can't figure out if your comment about the Giant Discovery is in response to what I said but just to clarify if they were to put one in (I'm not holding my breath) I think it should go in Metropolis/Movietown/near JLBFM & Cyborg, since they have more space back there, though for a ride that size it might require some tree removal which would be lame.

Anyways, it was a separate thought from my comment about the kiddie thing in Golden Kingdom. I think most of us would agree if they put a giant frisbee, they would likely theme it to something DC-related and I think most of us would also agree it would be dumb to put it in Golden Kingdom. I'd rather see some family or kiddie flats go back in Golden Kingdom, since there is absolutely nothing for kids to do back there.

I know this is completely off topic, but with cyborg opening in the park soon, what is the fate of Twister? The rides seem to be very similar and cyborg will definitely be the talk of the season since it is the new ride. Would the park tear it down and replace it with a new flat ride?

I hope Great Adventure gets a Giant Discovery next as that would make their flat collection very solid which is one thing I thought it was lacking during my visit in 2011 (granted I was too preoccupied by El Toro, Nitro, and KK to give a sh*t).

I'm not holding my breath but a giant frisbee back here next year would round it out nicely. There's certainly still a good amount of space for more flats or small coaster.
I secretly hope they don't put a Giant Discovery in there
^ I can't figure out if your comment about the Giant Discovery is in response to what I said

Yes, my comment was referring to yours. Sorry, I called it a "Giant Discovery" (its technical name) just because for whatever reason that's what I know it by. But yeah: Giant Discovery, Giant Frisbee, same, same.

Anyways, it was a separate thought from my comment about the kiddie thing in Golden Kingdom. I think most of us would agree if they put a giant frisbee, they would likely theme it to something DC-related and I think most of us would also agree it would be dumb to put it in Golden Kingdom. I'd rather see some family or kiddie flats go back in Golden Kingdom, since there is absolutely nothing for kids to do back there ... but just to clarify if they were to put one in (I'm not holding my breath) I think it should go in Metropolis/Movietown/near JLBFM & Cyborg, since they have more space back there, though for a ride that size it might require some tree removal which would be lame.

Agreed. That's exactly what I was thinking. The Golden Kingdom side of the park needs kiddie flats and the Metropolis/Old Country area still has empty spaces needing filled, plus is already themed to DC. However, I would disagree about the last bit of needing tree removal. My thoughts were that a Giant Discovery would fit perfectly where the old bumper cars building is and by the looks of Google Maps, probably wouldn't need much tree clearing. There's even already a nice ~200ft clearing extending from the pathway to behind the building if they wanted to orient the ride so that it swings perpendicular to the path instead of parallel.

1092700977_bumpersfgav.thumb.png.74482a1fd5283b4cca6cdcd700373806.png

This whole time that we've known about Cyborg I've totally forgotten Twister exists. Count me in as one who suspects it will be leaving soon.

Trash Twister and put a Giant Discovery there.

Do it Great Adventure.

I see you caught on.

But I like your idea ... and there's more than enough space according to Google and Zamperla to put one where Twister stands without even removing the queue ... I've always thought of the boardwalk as the second DC area of the park anyway, and Twister never fit.

Edited by RollerManic

Twister appears to be a Huss Top Spin. I suppose it might get relocated to another park.

SF America says hi!

Michigan's Adventure would probably like to have a word with SF GAdv as well

I know that the Dark Knight coasters are pretty well-themed for indoor wild mouse coasters but man, that show building looks more out-of-place than Verbolten's.

^^ Most of that space where the Autobahn used to sit is already taken up by Cyborg's pad. One of Flyin' Phil's photos from his recent flight shows it pretty well (photo from flyinphilsphotos.com/):

Oh wow, Cyborg is not located at all where I thought it was lol! I thought it was next to JL, where the old Music Express used to be.