TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Hey everyone, long time lurker here.

I had an interesting experience today at the park. My sister and I arrived at 6:00pm and every ride was a walk-on. Because of this, we went on Superman, which I usually skip. Our train was full of middle school aged kids and after one lap, they started chanting "One More Time!" over and over as the train pulled into the station. My sister and I didn't partake since we knew their chanting wasn't going to do anything since every seat aisle was full. But the attendants checked out restraints again and let us go another lap even though there were a lot of people waiting in the line. I mean it was pretty great for us but I've never seen that happen at any park lol.

Just thought it would be fun to share.

A 4D coaster makes more sense at Gradv from a marketing standpoint than anything else. It's like what do you add in a park that already has a stellar line-up? There's not much the GP who goes to Gradv hasnt already seen. They have one of the biggest, baddest launched coasters in the world. One of the biggest, baddest wooden coasters. An award winning hyper. Almost the entire catalogue of B&M looping coasters, multiple family coasters etc

While yes, an RMC, Premier launcher, Wing Coaster, or Giga are what the enthusiasts want. A 4D will probably give SF more return on investment than the others. A 4D will attract attention, while simultaneously fitting into Six Flags' parsimonious portfolio

I had an interesting experience today at the park. My sister and I arrived at 6:00pm and every ride was a walk-on. Because of this, we went on Superman, which I usually skip. Our train was full of middle school aged kids and after one lap, they started chanting "One More Time!" over and over as the train pulled into the station. My sister and I didn't partake since we knew their chanting wasn't going to do anything since every seat aisle was full. But the attendants checked out restraints again and let us go another lap even though there were a lot of people waiting in the line. I mean it was pretty great for us but I've never seen that happen at any park lol.

Aww man, you guys got lucky. Whenever I get the last train of the night on Kingda Ka (which actually happens a lot lol ) I always start a "one more ride!" chant but the ops never do it . And to think I was deciding whether or not it was worth it to go that to Gadv that day

Aww man, you guys got lucky. Whenever I get the last train of the night on Kingda Ka (which actually happens a lot lol ) I always start a "one more ride!" chant but the ops never do it . And to think I was deciding whether or not it was worth it to go that to Gadv that day

Many NJ schools started school today.....so you picked a great night!

^ Same thoughts on all points. Less than 24 hours to go, I'm kind of excited! Freespin or not, as long as it's a coaster or big addition I'll be happy as it will make the lines for Toro and Nitro shorter (hopefully).

They normally do these announcements early as hell don't they?

Well I certainly won't be getting up early for this but it will be nice to check it out over coffee when I do roll out of bed. This time last year it was more or less confirmed that the Looping Diablo was coming, I love that we really have no sure idea this year!

Lol yeah we like to let people go again randomly during the day sometimes. At Kingda Ka, we play a game called lucky train where if every rider on a train is screaming in excitement after we ask them how was their ride, they get to go again. But at the end of the night, it's actually very hard to let the last train on Ka go again. Basically the two trains in front of the last one have been dispatched empty to allow the last train to park in the station and unload. But in order for us to launch the empty trains over the tower, we need to utilize a launch boost feature or else the trains will roll back. But maintenance is the only personnel in the park allowed to access this feature so unless a maintenance member is already up in the operator booth (which is rare haha) we aren't able to send that last train twice. For the other rides, if you have a cool supervisor working, they'll let you go twice. haha

Last year while waiting for Toro (next to board) it was announced the the train we would've gotten on was the "lucky train" and if they screamed loud enough they would let them go again. And they did those lucky bastards.

One of my favorite times at parks is that last-trains-of the-night-vibe that can happen. I've felt it while riding Toro and Nitro before park closing, and of course Millennium on our night rides when we were there earlier this year. Everyone is hyped up - the ops are hustling to get everyone out of there, and the guests are just like 'BEST EVER CAN WE JUST KEEP RIDING THIS FOREVER AND EVER PLEASE HELL YES DON'T STOP'. It's bittersweet but I love that.

Now that I don't live down the street anymore I don't really stay until closing much, but I remember getting a really cool supervisor who decided to let us, the last train on El Toro, ride twice. It was really fun being part of that crowd.

The Facebook says 7 CDT, however the corporate Twitter account said "Early, Super Early," and Park Journey said it was at 2 PST. I'm going to guestimate that it will be sometime between 4 and 8. Waking up at 3:30 just to make sure

Edited by namurt28

^^^I still remember fondly getting the last train of the night on Millennium Force once! It was definitely an awesome experience, and everybody was SO hyped up! As I recall, we had to get off at the first brake run, and not the unload station, which was something different!

Regarding the announcement tomorrow, is there a place to watch the announcement? Or is it just released to all their sites in video format simultaneously?