TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Kings Dominion is getting a new coaster for 2010. Supports started arriving today. Take a trip on over to Kings Dominion Fansite to see some pics. If anyone knows what type of coaster this maybe i really want to know and i am sure everyone else does to. If this is B&M track we may have solved the mystery of the B&M yellow track!

Link to pics. http://www.kdfansite.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=53

I am kind of confused now, why does Kings Dominion get another massive B&M(thats what it looks like) after recently getting dominator. How does CF have this much money to be spending on massive hyper coasters.

By the way, CF hates Knotts, giving us two family coaster as opposed to the other major coasters everyone else is getting.

Well technically they didn't have to pay for Dominator as it was just moved from 1 park to the other. The only expense was tearing down, moving, and rebuildng. I am sure that saved a few million bucks, enough to buy a new one. Also, the "new" rides for this year were transplants also, therefore saving another huge chunk of change.....

Oops, just saw the pictures of the supports pulled out of their crates...

Those supports do, indeed, look exactly like ISpeed's. But still, those containers seem to be the same as the ones found at the B&M plant, and who is to say that B&M will not start using square supports? (After all, Intamin made the change...so could B&M.)

Nevertheless, square supports sure look ugly.

It is Not a B&M

If you look at the part of the supports that connect to the track they are circular (more like Intamin) B&M connections are more boxy (square)to the track.

I am thinking (hoping) Intamin Hyper.

JEFF

Jeff take a look at the supports at the base of DB's lift.....the supports we've seen thus far sure look a heck of a lot like them as they would connect to the side of the track rather than the bottom but regardless of the designer this is gonna probably be one helluva great (and big) ride which is just what KD needs.

You know, I've seen different shaped supports show up on all manufacturers.

We'll just have to wait till track finally shows up.

Exactly....I love the guessing game that's played on forums when new parts start arriving...all I can say is it looks like another reason for me to visit KD one day..

Whatever it is, to me it would not make sense to put a DM or even a B&M Hyper, since BGW already have those 2. The only thing they might put from B&M is a Flyer, and I highly doubt that will Happen. So I think a may be another Manufacturer, but who knows?

Oh well, thats the waiting game