TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Put it behind anaconda.

You mean where the African safari used to be? By FOF?

I dunno, I really like Dominator's location. I feel like it really adds to the parks skyline where now you pull up to the parking lot and see that massive coaster, its really neat. Before there was the Eiffel Tower and Volcano, not really anything else.

I think the location is great especially for those who live close by. If I want to head up to the park after work and just ride Dominator it's very convenient to find an empty parking spot close to the front gate and stroll right to the ride without having to walk very far.

Put it behind anaconda.

You mean where the African safari used to be? By FOF?

I dunno, I really like Dominator's location. I feel like it really adds to the parks skyline where now you pull up to the parking lot and see that massive coaster, its really neat. Before there was the Eiffel Tower and Volcano, not really anything else.

I agree there. Iremember seeing that for the first time last summer when we went in the parking lot. Very cool to see.

I'm crazy... or not old enough to have terrible back pain from woodies, but I miss going backwards on Rebel Yell.

Do they still do two movies at the FX Action theatre? I remember they used to have Spongebob and another one. Sometimes it was Nascar, it was Dracula once. Do they still do that? I haven't seen it the past few times.

I'm crazy... or not old enough to have terrible back pain from woodies, but I miss going backwards on Rebel Yell.

Do they still do two movies at the FX Action theatre? I remember they used to have Spongebob and another one. Sometimes it was Nascar, it was Dracula once. Do they still do that? I haven't seen it the past few times.

I'm glad they dropped rebel yell's backward operation as it didn't really add much(other than pain) to the ride experience.AFAIK KD only runs one show in the FX theatre right now & that is the spongebob 3D show,which was quite fun when I saw it last season.

Hi all! I spent a great deal of time reading this topic looking for anything that could help on my perspective trip to VA next year. I recently found my cousin whom I haven't seen in about twenty years. He just happens to live in Glen Allen. So now, I must visit Busch and KD. Hey, I have got to take advantage of the opportunity, right? So now, I am very interested in any tips or places to stay (suites preferred, having a kitchen etc.) I truly hope they plan a hyper for 2010! (Just sayin', lol) Is there any specific time between May and September that would be the best to go? I would like to also take advantage of the water park(s) while I am there too. Any ideas? In the meantime, I am off to look for KD PTRs! Thanks in advance for any tips/info.

^I'd recommend visiting in May, before the season really kicks off. Weekdays in the summer should be OK (the water parks should be open seven days a week starting in June), but avoid Saturdays.

I'd get a room in Williamsburg and rent a car. The drive to KD is just a little over an hour, and there's more non-park stuff to do in the 'Burg. There are plenty of hotels here that should meet your needs (not so near KD).

You can buy tickets for both Bucsh Gardens and Water Country USA, but KD's Water Works is part of your park admission.

Cool, thanks. I pretty much figured for the weekdays vs. weekends. I am hoping for June so it is warmer. We will be driving, so the distance is no problem. My cousin is about an hour away from BGE. I am just so excited to finally be visiting an area that is new to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't want to start a new thread just for a couple pictures of the two new rides. Both were being worked on by maintenance all day today, was any one of them working yesterday?

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/jeremiahs2315/eldoradoloc.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/jeremiahs2315/americana.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/jeremiahs2315/americanasign.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/jeremiahs2315/americanloc.jpg

Sorry for my crappy camera and also that Photo Bucket would not re-size the last four.

I had a pretty good day at the park, didn't stay there long since I had only planned to get my platinum pass processed. I rode Hurler and saw that Hypersonic is still on the ground to the left.

^Americana wasn't running today (they're still putting canopies on the gondolas). I did get a few turns on El Dorado, but it got stuck, they lowered us down, and dragged trash cans in front of the exit and entrance (at about 3:00 pm).

Still a few bugs to be worked out, it seems.

El Dorado was running rather well yesterday & while it's a nice addition to the park it could be better if the ride cycle were slightly longer IMO.I heard from an op on hurler(which was running suprisingly smooth BTW) last night that with any luck Americana should be open by this coming weekend.