TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

This is just, I wont even say what is is because Im sure there are kids here.

You're 13...

Lol, yea I guess it sounded cool. Didn't know that about FDlight of Fear thx guys for letting me know.

^- I slept on it last night, it was a great coaster but I think one of the major problems besides how smooth it was, was the # of guests it could carry. I remember when the park was crowded you could get up to about a 3 hour wait, that didnt move very fast.

This is it, forget Kings Dominion. I guess Ill go to Bisch Gardens and the Virginia Beach Amustment Park. This is just, I wont even say what is is because Im sure there are kids here. Oh Hypersonic did have its rough spots but it was a great coaster. The only Major coasters now are Flight of Fear(which mind you they tried to get rid of last year!), and Volcano(and if they place one fingernail on it I swear). I would say Dominator but who nows, could suck.

I need a moment

I for one never really liked the ride from the beginning.....heck they would've been better off getting the flyer as originally planned before they gave it to SFA because CF would've tried to get it to run at full capacity.

Dominator's going to be an excellent addition to the park,it's long(the longest floorless ever built) & has a decent layout when compared to the short,crappy launchers that paramount kept throwing into the park.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry if this has already been brought up but does anyone know if the ride is being repainted?

This is the current colors for the trains.

The coaster will be repainted, but the loop will have a different shade of Orange then the rest of the coaster.

Here are a few more photos from CC

Transfer track stuff.

Why in the hell are they putting it up and then painting it???

I do see some track pieces painted in the back though.

Good to finally see some real progress at the park (even though it is a month before opening.)

You can see the orange painted on the track in the turn around.

JEFF

IMG_2279_(Large).thumb.JPG.05f3e4f6260cc8513a9cf1af36935215.JPG

credit-coastercrew

Not sure about that orange color for the track.

Dominator is pretty good B&M coaster, I haven't been on a lot of floorless/ sitdown coasters by them but I enjoyed it the times I rode it back in 02.

I'm still bummed that Michigan's Adventure is getting the crappy Thunderhawk. I suppose it was too much to hope for something better.

Why in the hell are they putting it up and then painting it???

I think this is because when they attach the support coloums to the chain or belt that is attached to the crane, it scratches the paint off when it touches the support. This happened with Behemoth, where they had to touch up all the scratched paint on the supports and track, which requires you to paint it all twice. It is cheaper to do it the way they are, I would suppose.

Why it isnt painted.

My guess would be two fold. One they have not had enough time to get it painted, two could be the weather and air temperature. Or maybe they were going to paint before they installed the track but it could be that the installation company could only do the install of track now. Once the ride is assembled it will only take a week or two to paint the ride. They did Kumba and Montu in less then 3 weeks each.

I just wonder why they didnt run the track by the B&M plant and paint them there while on the way south. But B&M may have had other projects of there own to deal with.

MIA is lucky they're getting anything outta this. . . Valleyfair got nothin. . . (Cept the haunt stuff which I'm 100% satisfied with. )

Well all things considered VF did get a nice GCI woodie for 2007 that should help to bring in the crowds for a while,so long as they maintain it well.As for MIA getting Thunderhawk I think it's a good fit for a park that size & the public will flock to it....sure SLC's can give crappy rides but if they're maintained well they can also be smooth & enjoyable.

It looks like they may have to move or scrap the toonpike,if you look at the supports that are already in place for the lift they're coming awfully close to the toonpike backdrop.Also I've heard that Berserker may be in the process of being removed to make way for Dominator which brings me to an interesting thought:now suppose they were to move Berserker over to HSXLC's pad? I think it would fit there rather well & would give that section of the park a much needed thrill ride.Remember Carowinds recently did the same thing last season with their Frenzoid ride by relocating it to a different section of the park & renaming it.