TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

The link to the webcam seems to be dead now.

They most likely didn't want anyone to find it yet so I'm not surprised. The link wasn't from the website, it was directly from pixelcaster. Once they announce the ride they'll embed the pixelcaster stream on the website.

The fact is though, someone went through the trouble of mounting the webcam on top of Windseeker. The camera wasn't up there previously, so it looks like once RMC hurler is announced, they'll embed that on the website so we can watch the progress.

What are your guy's thoughts!?

At worst, harmless; I don't see any way it will hurt operations or anyone's experiences. At best, it could be a nice little distraction during some of the longer queues. I'm all for giving it a try.

Maybe so, but I don't think they ever shared that one either so having the camera on top of Windseeker is a relatively new development.

Last year the camera was on top of Drop Tower and pointed down at Delirium. It was likely moved to Windseeker this offseason and Hurler is almost definitely the reason why.

The camera wasn't up there previously, so it looks like once RMC hurler is announced, they'll embed that on the website so we can watch the progress.

I think the camera change *IS* the announcement for now. Just like being able to see something is happening from a distance is the current announcement for Mean Streak (they even made sure to have a couple pieces of RMC track laying around for that one). I'm reminded of when they modified I305, while that was never really announced at all (they preferred the GP oblivious), they knew the enthusiasts wanted to know and I don't know if that had anything to do why the top of 2nd hill was gone in less than a week after closing for the year, there certainly wasn't much left that needed to be said. Actions speak louder than words.

Also, I think anytime the cam gets mentioned here it crashes.

I thought of posting that the other day but I'm pretty sure they broke park rules by shooting it.

Kings Dominion Drone Policy

All drones (Unmanned Aerial Systems) are prohibited at (in) Cedar Fair parks, including Kings Dominion, and any unauthorized drone(s) observed over Kings Dominion will be reported to the FAA and local law enforcement, regardless of its point of origin or operation. Drones may pose a potential safety risk and may violate Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.

I think it Refers to When The park is open

Where the hell did this giant leap come from? The rules seem pretty cut and dry and there is no indication that this guy had permission.

I think if they had meant only when it's open, they would have said so. Breaking park rules to get a photo of a roller coaster under construction is borderline pathological. Have a beer, read a book, play some video games, wait for spring. It's easy.

Thank you.

I think it Refers to When The park is open

No.

I find nothing wrong with (a closed park).

The possibility of the operator losing control of the drone and it flying into something and causing damage/starting a fire/injuring someone working in the park? Nothing wrong with that?

I think if they had meant only when it's open, they would have said so. Breaking park rules to get a photo of a roller coaster under construction is borderline pathological. Have a beer, read a book, play some video games, wait for spring. It's easy.

Seriously.

I find nothing wrong with (a closed park).

WTF???? So their rules don't apply if you "find nothing wrong" with breaking them?

The park said (paraphrasing) "Hey a**holes. Don't fly a f*cking drone over our property". That doesn't mean "Don't fly a f*cking drone over our property during operating hours but otherwise it's fine", it doesn't mean "Don't fly a f*cking drone over our property unless you don't like this rule in which case go for it", it means "Don't fly a f*cking drone over our property".

Your opinion on the rule is irrelevant. It's their property so it's their rules. I promise you won't die if you can't fly a drone over a privately owned theme park.

The park said (paraphrasing) "Hey a**holes. Don't fly a f*cking drone over our property".

Man, I would visit the s**t out of a park that had the balls to actually have that verbatim in their policies.

If I ever hit the powerball and open up a theme park I can assure you that we'll have the greatest FAQ page of any theme park on the planet.

The park said (paraphrasing) "Hey a**holes. Don't fly a f*cking drone over our property".

Man, I would visit the s**t out of a park that had the balls to actually have that verbatim in their policies.

If I ever hit the powerball and buy Knoebels I can assure you that we'll have the greatest FAQ page of any theme park on the planet.

If I ever hit the powerball and open up a theme park I can assure you that we'll have the greatest FAQ page of any theme park on the planet.