TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 348 - Iron Gwazi POV!

^ It is. I rode it yesterday!

I have to say, this tower is just enormous in person. I get butterflies in my stomach looking at it now - and the ride isn't even done yet. This is going to be terrifying and I cannot wait!

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap you nerds are a tough crowd.  It looks like a coaster that will make me hoot and holler the entire time I'm on it while simultaneously trying to throw my fat ass as far from the train as pos

I actually agree with many of you talking about how the RMC's are all very similar.  And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with building a ton of very similar kick ass rides when most people who ride

It means that you can look forward to a fun-filled day riding Kumba, Montu, Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra and while you're in line for one of those you might be able to watch an Iron Gwazi POV on your phon

Posted Images

^aaww, you beat me to this. I saw it on bay news 9 here and they said something about a power failure during the lightning storm passing through now. It looks to me that spot is the turn right after the launch out of the station. Its a big downpour here so those folks must really be getting soaked sitting there.

^ & ^^ Yea I'm wondering if there was a mechanical failure with the train or if the launch was interrupted at just the precise moment to have the train stall there.

The only reason I can think of for it being stuck like that would be a power failure leading to a miss launch, and then the speed was exactly enough to get it to the top and for the train to be perfectly balanced.

But that's kind of a high odds one.

^Wasn't the accident on Sirocco at Walibi Belgium due to a miss launch that made the train stall in the loop or was it an mechanical issue with the train itself?

One of the news reports said something about them trying to nudge the train back into the station, but then decided to rescue them in place. Sounds like something is preventing easy movement of the train.... My guess is the same as others... stuck poncho...

-=CoasterBP

I love that BGT tries to minimize the assumptions and half-brained comments. Kudos to their Social Media department.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392258646.443205.jpg[/attachment]

Unfortunately, people will still come up with cracked theories and lame-brained comments.

According to spokesperson for the park, Travis Clayton, as quoted in todays newspaper, "maintenance and operations were investigating last night and possibly today. Until then, it will remain closed." So, no concrete answer, but it sounds promising that it will be open again soon.