Jump to content
  TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

That is a pretty sad list of rides open. I wonder if the did some kind of rotation where ops went to other rides later in the day or this was just how they went. 

I know staffing is a huge issue everywhere, and always has been at DL after Labor Day, but that list of rides is not really worth going for

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sk610 said:

That is a pretty sad list of rides open. I wonder if the did some kind of rotation where ops went to other rides later in the day or this was just how they went. 

I know staffing is a huge issue everywhere, and always has been at DL after Labor Day, but that list of rides is not really worth going for

Is the full list of rides at Darien Lake every really worth going for? ;)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ilyf15 said:

why does six flags (after 2 years) not put its brands in the park?
(superman, holiday in the park, hurricane harbor etc etc)

who-cares.gif.8d597faa7fd41828edc34c3727afb39d.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ilyf15 said:

why does six flags (after 2 years) not put its brands in the park?
(superman, holiday in the park, hurricane harbor etc etc)

Hurricane Harbor was scheduled for 2020 BC, not sure if its been canceled or just postponed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Do you know if it's any more than just a bunch of "cutouts" with lights attached to them? I remember years and years ago we went (to the fairgrounds?) and there was like no variety it was just lights around a skeleton shape similar to the candy canes here, spelling out certain things or pictures on a giant field. Since it goes through the campground I am hoping there would be more on the trees and stuff. Any idea? We'll probably check it out since we are local and have SFA passes and I confirmed on FB they accept other 2021 passes besides SFDL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

Do you know if it's any more than just a bunch of "cutouts" with lights attached to them? I remember years and years ago we went (to the fairgrounds?) and there was like no variety it was just lights around a skeleton shape similar to the candy canes here, spelling out certain things or pictures on a giant field. Since it goes through the campground I am hoping there would be more on the trees and stuff. Any idea? We'll probably check it out since we are local and have SFA passes and I confirmed on FB they accept other 2021 passes besides SFDL

Ive done the fairgrounds one, and just these 2 pics makes it look better than that already, lol. But I cant say for sure. Looks like it should be more than that. 

252422699_1324643641280913_4951082015332859366_n.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

Do you know if it's any more than just a bunch of "cutouts" with lights attached to them? I remember years and years ago we went (to the fairgrounds?) and there was like no variety it was just lights around a skeleton shape similar to the candy canes here, spelling out certain things or pictures on a giant field. Since it goes through the campground I am hoping there would be more on the trees and stuff. Any idea? We'll probably check it out since we are local and have SFA passes and I confirmed on FB they accept other 2021 passes besides SFDL

Some trees and bushes are decorated, but not all of them. The sections of Magic of Lights are themed to different areas (as shown in the map above) so the cutouts in that area are at least all connected to a theme. While the route is a bit shorter than the one at the fair grounds, there are more displays/lights at Darien Lake then what I can recall from my last visit to the fair grounds one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, coasterbill said:

So I assume this is just an outside contractor doing all of this, right (or they're just paying Darien Lake to put it there and the park has absolutely nothing to do with it)?

Darien Lake contracted with Magic of Lights which is a branded holiday lights event with locations across the country. Magic of lights provided the displays. Darien Lake set up the displays with support from the magic of lights people.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://magicoflights.com/

As golddisk mentioned, it's an outside vendor that puts on the same cookie cutter scenes across the country. I dunno why those cutouts bother me so much, it just screams "lazy" to me. Hopefully there's more to it. I'll find out sooner or later, and I'm sure someone will post a YouTube video soon.

I also like how they are advertising one carload one price* (except six flags Darien Lake)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, the pretty lights are nice!

By the way, are there still no hints on the fate of Mind Eraser for next season? I believe it was SBNO for the entire 2021 season. Is it safe to doubt they will do a Riddler Revenge style renovation (minus the IP) on Mind Eraser? Part of me still feels optimistic it may happen... maybe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TheAmericanKnight said:

Oh, the pretty lights are nice!

By the way, are there still no hints on the fate of Mind Eraser for next season? I believe it was SBNO for the entire 2021 season. Is it safe to doubt they will do a Riddler Revenge style renovation (minus the IP) on Mind Eraser? Part of me still feels optimistic it may happen... maybe.

There was credible intel in 2019 BC that the Frankentrain was at the end of its service life, but havent heard anything since.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/