TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 443 - A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration

6 minutes ago, CoasterNerd87 said:

Source?

The fact they they continued to do it and are continuing to do it.  Businesses don't continue unprofitable operations.  Then again, it is SEAS, so I guess anything is possible LOL.

• Like 4
  • Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halloween Harvest, or “Howl-o-Scream Lite.” Busch Gardens is sticking with its “reservations only/limited attendance” events with Halloween Harvest during October. This is sort of “Howl-o-Scream

Before this thread derails off course into a COVID discussion, I’ll just keep it simple:  everyone should follow their state and local guidelines.  This isn’t something up for debate on TPR. Now

The fact they they continued to do it and are continuing to do it.  Businesses don't continue unprofitable operations.  Then again, it is SEAS, so I guess anything is possible LOL.

Posted Images

On 1/6/2021 at 11:42 AM, pianojohn said:

I think they just need to change people's mindsets about visiting parks in the off season.  When I lived and worked in Japan, most parks were open year round. I remember riding coasters at Expoland on my birthday (Jan 14th) with snow on the ground!
And Knotts did show everyone how to run successful events with just food and shopping.  
Hoping for success and a brighter future for all of us!

Yep. BGW's response to restrictions due to COVID has been evolving, and I'm glad they're following through with what worked for them last year. There's a slight chance of snow in Williamsburg this weekend, which would be a nice sendoff for the "Christmas Celebration."

• Like 1

We were actually planning on going this weekend but when we learned we could just wait a week and have the same rides but also a baby Kangaroo it wasn't a difficult decision.

• Like 1

Do we think BGW made money by operating last season, or lost less? I just wonder if they're debt is continuing to add up or if they're at least breaking even, now. Either way, good for them for being innovative.