TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your favorite band?

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
^I would have never thought that you like U2.

I'm starting to get into Walls of Jericho, just bought their new album and saw them at Mayhem Fest. There a Screamo/Metalcore band with a female singer, she's pretty awesome.

--Chris

Candace is pretty awesome, even though we only saw part of their set because we wanted to see Metal Mulisha.

My favourite band (by far) is AC/DC. Here's some other bands I like:

-The Beatles

-Bloc Party

-Bon Jovi

-Def Leppard

-The Eagles

-Guns 'n Roses

-The Jimi Hendrix Experience

-Jimmy Eat World

-Led Zeppelin

-Loverboy

-Metallica

-Nickelback

-Nirvana

-The Police

-Queen

-Red Hot Chili Peppers

-Rhino Bucket

-ZZ Top

So far my favorites are:

Avenged Sevenfold

Three Days Grace

Godsmack

Rise Against

Slipknot

3 Doors Down

Green Day

Linkin Park

30 Seconds to Mars

Rage Against the machine

Others as well, but can't think of the entire list right now. These aren't in any perticular order either.

My favorite band, if one wants to call them that is a little known quartet called Vanilla Mood. I'm the oddball, I like listening to Muzak and other things where if you looked at me would never think I like listening to. If I may, here's a link to one of their songs. http://www.esnips.com/doc/7f1aedab-394a-42e0-ae9a-8f2f9d31fa35/Vanilla%20Mood%20-%20Ai%20no%20Toriko

I like the Offspring and I really just got exposed to them, so that makes them my favorite for at least the next 20 minutes. My musical taste is all over the place, so if you asked me two days in a row what my favorite band was, I could tell you Led Zeppelin the first day and Greenday the next. Wow, I'm giving it five seconds until someone re-posts that out of context so let me say this: Led Zeppelin is the better band. They will always be the best band ever, and I'm not saying Greenday will ever compare to them. My favorite band all depends on my mood that day. But yeah, my favorites list includes Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Offspring, Blink 182, Jet, and a whole mess of other bands.

I admire, and have been moved by, many bands and artists. Choosing a favorite is difficult because my taste in music crosses many genres, but ultimately, I have to give the nod to Pink Floyd.

I was lucky enough to see them perform live twice. The first time, at Hughes stadium in Sacramento during the Momentary Lapse Of Reason tour, was on a night when rain threatened the entire time, but thankfully never materialized. However, the low, dark clouds that covered the stadium made the laser light component of the show absolutely surreal. The bed prop (paying homage to the album cover), that raced above our heads on cables strung above the stadium floor, appeared out of the clouds accompanied by distant lightning and a thunder clap. The timing was impossibly perfect and drew oohs and aahs from everyone realizing they had just witnessed something truly amazing and perfectly magical. The band was also flawless, making it a truly memorable 2nd date with my then-new girlfriend who is now my wife of 20 years.

The second time we saw them was at the Oakland Coliseum during the Division Bell tour. While the perfect weather may not have lent itself to the spectacular natural show we had in Sacramento, the band and the elaborate production did not disappoint. Particularly memorable was the performance of Great Gig In The Sky. The song seemed to go on into eternity, and that was fine with us as we were enjoying every second of it as if they may have been our last moments on earth.

Both shows made for that kind of a night that you hope will never end, and they still rank, respectively, as the #1 and #2 concerts that I have ever attended.